Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Drs Jack and Rexella Van Impe are acquaintances of mine. (He's the "Walking Bible") and I have permission to post his Soul Food devotionals. (You can read them and prophecy articles here: JVIM.com)
images

Today’s Devotional | March 1 | JOHN 14:1-6 | The Promise
Today's Devotional
Memory Verse
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you onto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also (John 14:3).

Jesus is coming again.

He promised.

Two ministers, long friends, met one day after being apart for a time. They discussed their churches; then began to talk on present-day events. One said, “I don’t preach on the Lord’s return at all. My congregation doesn’t like it. I hear you have many against you for preaching it. There’s no use in setting people against you.”

“My friend,” said the other pastor, “by God’s grace, I preach His whole Word, and if the Lord Jesus comes in my lifetime no one who is left behind will be able to say that I did not give out the truth. How about you?”

Nothing could be more sure than the return of Christ because He gave His promise that He would come again. That promise was given to encourage the disciples because of His coming crucifixion. They would soon be separated from Him and reunited only for the brief time following the resurrection. These men had left all to follow Him. He had their dedication and devotion. They needed to know about His plans for the future.

But what does the return of Christ mean to you and me?

It means there is a coming resurrection of all Christians. It means that all Christians will be caught up to meet Him when He returns, never experiencing death. It means that all should prepare for His coming.

Are you ready?

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Today’s Devotional | March 2 | I THESSALONIANS 1:5-10 | Waiting

images

Today's Devotional
Memory Verse
And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come (I Thessalonians 1:10).

In 1860 the French scientist, Pierre Berchelt, said, “Within a hundred years of physical and chemical science, man will know what the atom is. It is my belief that when science reaches this stage, God will come down to earth with His big ring of keys and will say to humanity: ‘Gentlemen, it is closing time.’”

The first part of Berchelt’s prediction has come true. We live in the age of the atom. Signs on every side indicate the last part of his prediction may be near. That is, God may soon intervene, closing this present age. The prophetic event to signal that miracle will be the Rapture of the church — the personal return of Jesus Christ. Christians have been waiting for that event through the centuries. Now it seems imminent.

How should we then live? We must live waiting for the Lord’s return. But we must not wait idly. D.L. Moody said, “I have felt like working three times as hard since I came to understand that my Lord is coming again.”

The Thessalonian Christians gave themselves to labor, love and service while awaiting Christ’s return. They were known far and wide for dedicated Christian living. They turned from idols and served God with all their heart. Had the Lord returned at that time He would have found them faithful. Ready.

Are you waiting for His return?

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
upload_2018-3-3_11-59-33.jpeg

Today’s Devotional | March 3 | ACTS 1:1-11 | This Same Jesus

Today's Devotional
Memory Verse
Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven (Acts 1:11).

What will Jesus be like when He returns? Will we see Him? Recognize Him? Take His hand?

Angels announced the answer. He will be the same as when He went away. The disciples saw Him, viewed the scars from the cross and ate with Him. And all this after the resurrection.

Some expect Christ to return as an invisible spirit. Anticipating that coming error, He refuted it, saying: “Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have” (Luke 24:39). Following this revelation, He ate broiled fish and honeycomb before them.

Writing of His return, John said: “Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also who pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen” (Revelation 1:7).

The Bible calls the return of Christ the blessed hope: “Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ” (Titus 2:13).

Are the skies dark today? There is a better day coming.

Does the future seem hopeless? Remember the blessed hope.

Do you feel like giving up? Look up. Jesus is coming.

Are you burdened? Depressed? It will be worth it all when we see Christ.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
images

Today’s Devotional | March 4 | I THESSALONIANS 2: 11-20 | The Crown of Rejoicing
Today's Devotional
Memory Verse
For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming? (I Thessalonians 2-19).

An aged farmer visited his son, a popular senator in Washington D. C. The farmer was a zealous Christian. During his stay in the nation’s capital, his son introduced him to the ambassador from Belgium. As soon as they had exchanged greetings, the farmer earnestly asked, “Sir, are you a Christian?” The senator was greatly embarrassed by his father’s question and before the ambassador could reply, changed the subject of conversation.

Shortly thereafter the senator’s father became ill and died. Hearing of his death, the ambassador sent flowers. A note was attached to them that brought tears to the eyes of the popular senator. The note said: “He was the only man in America who asked me if I was a Christian.”

In the Bible’s final chapter, there is a message from Jesus about rewards that will be given to Christians at His return: “And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be” (Revelation 22:12). If we knew the real value of those coming rewards, we would surely be more diligent in our service for Him.

Paul wrote of another reward that he anticipated at the Lord’s coming — that of seeing people whom he had led to Christ. He called them his “Crown of Rejoicing,” and added that these converts were his glory and joy.

Many Christians miss the joy of leading others to the Saviour. Opportunities abound. And taking advantage of them is the only way to have the Crown of Rejoicing at the Lord’s return.

Upvote 0

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
between the pages of the Bible.
Visit site
✟192,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
images

Today’s Devotional | March 4 | I THESSALONIANS 2: 11-20 | The Crown of Rejoicing
Today's Devotional
Memory Verse
For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming? (I Thessalonians 2-19).

An aged farmer visited his son, a popular senator in Washington D. C. The farmer was a zealous Christian. During his stay in the nation’s capital, his son introduced him to the ambassador from Belgium. As soon as they had exchanged greetings, the farmer earnestly asked, “Sir, are you a Christian?” The senator was greatly embarrassed by his father’s question and before the ambassador could reply, changed the subject of conversation.

Shortly thereafter the senator’s father became ill and died. Hearing of his death, the ambassador sent flowers. A note was attached to them that brought tears to the eyes of the popular senator. The note said: “He was the only man in America who asked me if I was a Christian.”

In the Bible’s final chapter, there is a message from Jesus about rewards that will be given to Christians at His return: “And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be” (Revelation 22:12). If we knew the real value of those coming rewards, we would surely be more diligent in our service for Him.

Paul wrote of another reward that he anticipated at the Lord’s coming — that of seeing people whom he had led to Christ. He called them his “Crown of Rejoicing,” and added that these converts were his glory and joy.

Many Christians miss the joy of leading others to the Saviour. Opportunities abound. And taking advantage of them is the only way to have the Crown of Rejoicing at the Lord’s return.
Thank you for sharing Dr. Jean. This one brought a tear to my eyes. Bless our farmers, large and small, who are God's bread basket for much of the growing world population. LORD open the hearts and minds of our political leaders that they are wise in God's desires for His people. Glory to God.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
7ca6a493cc21629c4b829a4de43a87b4--because-he-lives-just-because.jpg

Today’s Devotional | March 6 | I THESSALONIANS 4:13-18 | Source Of Comfort
Today's Devotional
Memory Verse
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord (I Thessalonians 4:17).

Death is an enemy. The Bible calls it the last one that shall be destroyed. For Christians, however, the sting of death is removed.

Heaven awaits the soul.

Resurrection awaits the body.

Rapture awaits all Christians living at the time of the Lord’s return, at which time they will be caught up to meet Christ and will be taken to heaven. That fortunate generation will not experience physical death but will be changed in a moment: “Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment. in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump; for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed” (I Corinthians l5:51, 52).

Rivers of tears have been shed because of losing loved ones in death. This is not wrong — it is normal. God has wisely equipped us with the capacity for weeping when we sorrow. Jesus wept at a grave. Still, Christians need not sorrow in the same way as those who are without hope.

Though grief is to be expected because of separation, we have the assurance that our loved ones are in heaven. Beyond this, at the return of Jesus, the resurrection will take place and there will be a glad reunion.

If your heart is heavy because you have recently been touched by sorrow, comfort one another with these words.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
upload_2018-3-7_21-5-19.jpeg

Today’s Devotional | March 7 | II PETER 3:10-18 | Dissolved
Today's Devotional
Memory Verse
Seeing then, that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy living and godliness (II Peter 3:11).

Most people spend their lives gathering trinkets, all of which will someday be dissolved. The God who formed every visible thing out of atoms will one day release them from their responsibility for a time and allow all things to be dissolved. This is not going to happen soon for the Rapture of the church, the Tribulation and the one thousand year reign of Christ on earth precede the event. Nevertheless, it is good to be reminded that everything we see about us is temporary.

In view of this, wise people look for better investments than can be found on planet earth. Jesus said: “Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal” (Matthew 6:19-20).

Peter said that the coming dissolution of all things calls for holy living. What an object lesson! Every sign of decay is to remind us of our Holy God and our responsibility to live in His will. Every sign of rust on our automobiles is a message to live holily. Every building that is falling apart and returning to the soil is a reminder that we should be holy in our conduct.

Someone said it well long ago: “There’s only one life; It will soon be past; Only what’s done for Christ will last.”

What do you possess that cannot be dissolved?

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
March 8 | I JOHN 2:21-29 | Ashamed
Memory Verse
And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming (I John 2:28).

When Shackleton was driven back in his attempt to reach the South Pole, he was forced to leave some men on Elephant Island, promising to come back for them. Time and again he tried, but was unable to reach them.

At last, although it was the wrong time of the year, he made another great attempt. An open channel formed between the sea and where he had left his men. He rushed in with his boat at the risk of being caught by the moving ice, got his men, and rushed out again before the ice crashed together. It only took half an hour.

Afterward, he turned to one of the rescued men and said, “How was it you were able to come so quickly?” The man answered, “Sir, Mr. Wild (Shackleton’s second-in- command) never let a chance slip. You had promised to come and we were waiting for you. Whenever there was a chance of your coming, Mr. Wild said, ‘Boys, roll up your sleeping bags, the boss may be here today,’ and, Sir, our sleeping bags were all rolled up; we were ready!”

When Christ returns, some will not be ready. Lost people who are not ready because they have not been born again through faith in Christ will be left for the awful time of tribulation. Christians who are not living as they ought will be ashamed when they are caught up into the presence of their Saviour.

If Christ had come last week would you have been ashamed? Last night? Abide in Him, that, when He shall appear, you may have confidence, and not be ashamed before Him at His coming.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
upload_2018-3-9_11-4-12.jpeg

Today’s Devotional | March 9 | I JOHN 3:1-2 | Like Him
Today's Devotional
Memory Verse
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is (I John 3:2).

The child of God is accepted in the beloved, but may be rejected by his associates. He has come into earth’s greatest fellowship, but in doing so has become a riddle to his friends. He has become a citizen of heaven, but is now a pilgrim and a stranger in this world.

This turn of events should not surprise us. Jesus said: “If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his Lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also” (John 15:18-20).

The Christian may not be popular on planet earth.

Never mind. A better day is coming. And on that good day, we shall be like Jesus.

What will it mean to be like Him? We cannot fully understand. But we know that we will have perfect bodies that will never be affected by sickness or infirmities and that death will be no more. This anticipation should fill our hearts with joy!

If we are alive when Christ returns, we shall escape death. If death has overtaken us, our bodies will be resurrected in that perfect form. David, the Psalmist, said it well: “As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake with thy likeness” (Psalm 17:15).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
Visit site
✟192,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
March 8 | I JOHN 2:21-29 | Ashamed
Memory Verse
And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming (I John 2:28).

When Shackleton was driven back in his attempt to reach the South Pole, he was forced to leave some men on Elephant Island, promising to come back for them. Time and again he tried, but was unable to reach them.

At last, although it was the wrong time of the year, he made another great attempt. An open channel formed between the sea and where he had left his men. He rushed in with his boat at the risk of being caught by the moving ice, got his men, and rushed out again before the ice crashed together. It only took half an hour.

Afterward, he turned to one of the rescued men and said, “How was it you were able to come so quickly?” The man answered, “Sir, Mr. Wild (Shackleton’s second-in- command) never let a chance slip. You had promised to come and we were waiting for you. Whenever there was a chance of your coming, Mr. Wild said, ‘Boys, roll up your sleeping bags, the boss may be here today,’ and, Sir, our sleeping bags were all rolled up; we were ready!”

When Christ returns, some will not be ready. Lost people who are not ready because they have not been born again through faith in Christ will be left for the awful time of tribulation. Christians who are not living as they ought will be ashamed when they are caught up into the presence of their Saviour.

If Christ had come last week would you have been ashamed? Last night? Abide in Him, that, when He shall appear, you may have confidence, and not be ashamed before Him at His coming.
Amen. May all God's children be prepared. Labor today for God's good works, yet keep our eye's on heaven for His return. (Revelation 22:20)

Upvote 0

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
Visit site
✟192,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
View attachment 222665

Today’s Devotional | March 9 | I JOHN 3:1-2 | Like Him
Today's Devotional
Memory Verse
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is (I John 3:2).

The child of God is accepted in the beloved, but may be rejected by his associates. He has come into earth’s greatest fellowship, but in doing so has become a riddle to his friends. He has become a citizen of heaven, but is now a pilgrim and a stranger in this world.

This turn of events should not surprise us. Jesus said: “If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his Lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also” (John 15:18-20).

The Christian may not be popular on planet earth.

Never mind. A better day is coming. And on that good day, we shall be like Jesus.

What will it mean to be like Him? We cannot fully understand. But we know that we will have perfect bodies that will never be affected by sickness or infirmities and that death will be no more. This anticipation should fill our hearts with joy!

If we are alive when Christ returns, we shall escape death. If death has overtaken us, our bodies will be resurrected in that perfect form. David, the Psalmist, said it well: “As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake with thy likeness” (Psalm 17:15).
Oh, the anticipation of joy. He hath gone to prepare a place for us. Amen.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
images

Today’s Devotional | March 10 | I CORINTHIANS 6:1-11 | Take Wrong

Today's Devotional
Memory Verse

Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded (1 Corinthians 6:7).

Here is a forgotten verse. Few obey its teaching. But think of the conflicts that would be settled if a revival would bring this verse into daily experience. Lawsuits would be dropped. Feuds would be ended. Church quarrels would be forgotten.

Meditate on these life changing questions: “Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?”

Most professing Christians react just like the world reacts: demanding their rights. No wonder so few are moved to salvation by observing Christians in action.

How will your life change if you decide to take wrong and allow yourself to be defrauded?

Will you drop a lawsuit?

Will you forget an old debt?

Will you forego sending a blistering letter?

Will you be reconciled to one who has wronged you?

Will you stop fighting over an inheritance?

Will you stop telling your sob story about being cheated by others?

Notice Paul’s interesting advice. He says certain Christians at Corinth are defrauding others by not allowing themselves to be defrauded.

How so?

When we react in the flesh…demanding our rights…we defraud those who are watching our lives and hoping to find an example of genuine Christian living.

Stop defrauding those who your witness need….take wrong… thankfully.

Reactions: Dreger
Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
images

Today’s Devotional | March 11 | I JOHN 3:3-11 | The Purifying Hope
Today's Devotional
Memory Verse
And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure (I John 3:3).

“What difference does it make if Jesus is going to return?” a minister asked. Sadly, he had missed one of the greatest incentives for holy living given in the Bible. The constant expectation of the Lord’s return is a purifying hope.

Did you expect the Lord to come last week? How did it change your life? What did you leave out of your conversation, not wanting to stand in His presence with wicked words? What thoughts did you dismiss from your mind? What temptations did you conquer?

Or were there no changes due to His expected return? Perhaps the second coming of Christ is but a doctrine to which you say you subscribe, a part of your church statement of faith. To some, the rapture is only a point to argue, a good bumper- sticker topic or slogan producer. Like the Pharisees, they have all their prophetic events properly placed in their minds but their lives are not affected by these tremendous truths. How about you’?

If you are not living differently because Christ may return at any moment, you have missed the point of the Lord’s command: “Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come” (Matthew 24:42).

Try this tough question. If the prospect of Christ’s imminent return has not changed your way of living, do you really believe He’s coming again?

What adjustments need to be made in your life today, in view of His promised return? In making them you will demonstrate the power of the purifying hope.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
images

Today’s Devotional | March 12 | DANIEL 12:1-4 | Increased Knowledge
Today's Devotional
Memory Verse
But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased (Daniel 12:4).

For centuries it seemed as if the world slumbered. Thousands of years passed without major changes in most areas of life. Paul and Columbus sailed in similar ships though their voyages were nearly fifteen hundred years apart. Medical know-how moved at a snail’s pace. Men watched the birds fly but all efforts to copy them were in vain.

Then, in the lifetime of many alive today, there came an explosion in knowledge and travel. People who went about in buggies and other horse-drawn vehicles lived to see the skies filled with jet planes and watched men walk on the moon. The atom was split, ushering in the nuclear age with all its perils and possibilities. Miracle drugs were discovered that conquered old killers and vaccines were developed that eliminated former plague producers.

Now we are in the age of the computer. This mind boggling invention is entering every area of life. Old methods of office procedures have been made obsolete. Records on millions of people are available at the push of the proper buttons, a scary fact if wicked men come into power.

Each day, some new invention seems to outdo another. What does it all mean? It means that we are living in what the Bible calls “the time of the end.” One who is in possession of the Biblical facts would have to close his eyes to the truth not to recognize the signs of the times.

What are you doing about it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Today’s Devotional | March 15 | CORINTHIANS 15:51-58 | Therefore
Today's Devotional
Memory Verse
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord (I Corinthians 15:58).

When you find the word “therefore” in the Bible, it is a good idea to read the preceding verses and find out what it is there for. In the text above, this linking word reaches back to the message of the Lord’s return and calls for the kind of life described in our memory verse in view of that return.

Because the Lord is coming, we are to be steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord. Like soldiers assigned to duty in wartime, we have been charged to serve God faithfully. Distractions must be resisted. Laziness overcome. Compromise with evil is out of the question.

In Chicago, One Sunday morning, a minister pointed to a young woman who had been converted about a year and a half, and said, “What are you doing for God? Why don’t you do something for God?”

To give emphasis to his words, the minister stepped down from the pulpit, went to where the young woman was sitting, took her hand, conducted her out to the middle aisle, made her turn toward the door, and giving her a push, said, “I want you to start doing something for God.”

That push sent the young woman to the other side of the globe. She became a missionary to Africa and led many to Christ, including General Allenby of Britain. Her name was Miss Malla Moe. The pastor who gave her the push was D. L. Moody.

Christ is coming! That should be all the push we need.

Daily Devotionals

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Today’s Devotional | March 16 | II TIMOTHY 3:1-7 | Perilous Times

Memory Verse
This know also that in the last days perilous times shall come (II Timothy 3:1).

Most students of the Bible do not have to be convinced that we are living in perilous times. The splitting of the atom has given man the power to bring about total destruction. In addition, we have learned to live twenty four hours a day in the rocket sights of our enemies who are bent on world domination.

Nevertheless, Christians need not panic. Not one recent event has taken God by surprise. He is in control and is allowing man to work out His program. The words of the Psalmist are relevant today: “Be still, and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10).

Though times are perilous, we never walk alone: “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee” (Isaiah 41:10 & 13).

Though times are perilous, we can never be separated from His love: “For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 8:38-39).

Though times are perilous, these conditions are but reminders of better days ahead:
“And then these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh” (Luke 21:28).

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
upload_2018-3-18_22-2-46.jpeg

Today’s Devotional | March 18 | I CORINTHIANS 10:13-23 | Temptation’s Limit
Today's Devotional
Memory Verse
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it (1 Corinthians 10:13).

Two alcoholics were converted. One testified, “From the moment I trusted Christ to save me, and deliver me from the enslaving habit of strong drink, I have never had the slightest desire to drink anything of alcoholic content. I would have to learn all over again to love the evil which, for more than thirty years, was the greatest love of my life.” The second said, “How I wish my experience corresponded with the experience of the brother who has just testified. Every day I have a terrific struggle not to partake of the evil which for years all but wrecked my life. I am depending solely upon the mighty Saviour to keep me from temptation. Pray for me!”

God may deal differently with His children concerning temptation but He has promised that all temptation is limited. Every Christian can overcome any temptation. Our Lord guarantees our ability to conquer is greater than temptation’s power. He allows no temptation to come to us that is too strong for us to defeat. And He always provides an escape.

So, your excuse for yielding doesn’t stand.

The power of the Holy Spirit within and the Word of God at your disposal equips you to conquer. Prayer taps the resources of God making you invincible.

Others have faced the same temptation. And you are equipped to win.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
images

Today’s Devotional | March 19 | I CORINTHIANS 1:18-31 | Foolishness
Today's Devotional
Memory Verse
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God (1 Corinthians 1:18).

In the second century, Justin Martyr wrote: “Many spirits are abroad in the world, and the credentials they display are splendid gifts of mind, learning, and of talent. Christian, look carefully. Ask for the print of the nails.”

The conflicts in the church at Corinth were beyond the reach of tact or psychology, the message of the cross was the only answer. Lost people need to hear this message to be saved and Christians never outgrow their need of the preaching of the cross for daily growth.

The cross is the cure for divisions. Churches that are torn by gossip and backbiting need to be reminded of the Lord’s sacrifice on the cross. Those who nurse hurt feelings need to stand at the cross and see their Saviour enduring the shame and pain of that awful hour. Who has the right to be offended in the light of His sufferings there?

Have you been wronged? Consider the cross.

Do you wonder about full forgiveness? Consider the cross.

Do you doubt God’s love? Consider the cross.

The message of the cross is not popular today. Many prefer religion that is not so stern…so demanding. The preaching of the cross reveals all people as sinners and Christ as the only Saviour. Man’s sinful nature and his pride object to that kind of teaching. Beautiful sanctuaries are fine but the cross seems out of date…foolishness.

But the way of the cross leads home…there is no other way but this.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
upload_2018-3-20_11-30-35.jpeg

Today’s Devotional | March 20 | I CORINTHIANS 5 | The Old Leaven
Today's Devotional
Memory Verse
Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us (1 Corinthians 5:7).

In the Bible, leaven symbolizes sin.

Christians are new creatures in Christ and ought to demonstrate this by righteous living: “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new” (2 Corinthians 5:17).

One cannot sin and win.

When Chrysostom was arrested by the Roman Emperor, the powerful ruler tried to make Chrysostom recant, but without success. Frustrated, the Emperor questioned his advisors about what could be done with the prisoner.

“Shall I put him in a dungeon?” the Emperor asked.

“No,” one of his counselors replied, “for he will be glad to go. He longs for quietness wherein he can delight in the mercies of his God.”

“Then he shall be executed!” said the Emperor.

“No,” was the answer, “for he will also be glad to die. He declares that in the event of death he will be in the presence of his Lord.”

“What shall we do then?” the ruler asked.

“There is only one thing that will give Chrysostom pain,” the counselor said. “To cause Chrysostom to suffer, make him sin. He is afraid of nothing except sin.”
Sin brings suffering.

Christians are equipped for daily victory over sin. Purge out the old leaven.

You’ve been defeated long enough.

Upvote 0