Soul and Angel by St.Theophan (the recluse)

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟752,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I was reading an appendix type letter by Fr Seraphim Rose in his book: The Soul After Death. In it he mentioned a work by St. Theophan ( the Recluse) titled: Soul and Angel and it concerned a theological discussion between him and St. Ignatius ( Brianchaninov).

My attempts to research this work online have come up empty. Obviously it is found in Russian etc. but is anyone aware of an English translation?

Thank you

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟752,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
no, but that sounds amazing

Thanks father, I was hoping someone like you might know. This work seems really obscure in the English speaking Orthodox societies. I inquired in another forum & had no results either. Thanks all the same.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,464,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thanks father, I was hoping someone like you might know. This work seems really obscure in the English speaking Orthodox societies. I inquired in another forum & had no results either. Thanks all the same.

someone like rus might know, as he lives in Russia

Reactions: Lukaris
Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟752,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
A poster in OC Net ( who I am thankful to) provided me a link to this work online in Russian. The internet translation to English seems reasonably understandable although it is best to read carefully. Downloading to English seems fairly smooth but transmitting ( email, copy & paste etc.) reverts back to Russian.

There are also many links to other Orthodox writings of various saints that seem to not otherwise be in English. These seem to download smoothly to a surprisingly fair English translation also (again, read carefully). The link appears in Russian but it will download to English ( it might take a second).

Anyway:
Душа и ангел - святитель Феофан Затворник - читать, скачать.

Авторизация

Last edited:
Upvote 0