Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Supralapsarian View

The term "supralapsarian" indicates that the decree of election to salvation took place before God created man and before He permitted the Fall. According to the Supralapsarian View, the objects of the Divine decree were contemplated merely as men whom God would create, all of whom were on an equal basis in His sight. According to the Supralapsarian View, the order of effects would be as follows.

In eternity past God proposed to elect some of mankind to eternal life and to condemn others.

God proposed to create man.

God proposed to permit the Fall.

God proposed to send Christ to redeem the elect.

God proposed to send the Holy Spirit to apply salvation to the elect

Election Precedes Salvation

At whatever precise point God decreed to save souls, once made, the Divine choice necessitated all the preparations involved in the salvation process. Without Divine preparation of the heart, an individual could not exercise any choice at all in a positive direction towards the Lord just as "no man ever chose when and where he would be born, who would become his parents, how he would be taught and trained, whether the Gospel was to be sent to Europe or America, or whether they were to remain heathen, whether the Gospel should ever sound in his ears or he forever remain ignorant of its contents and call. All these things that enter so much into man’s salvation were chosen absolutely and alone by God." (David Clark)

The Covenant of Redemption

As the order of the Divine decree continues to be contemplated, the biblical revelation is clear that in matchless grace God did not leave all mankind to perish in the estate of sin and misery. Out of His mere good pleasure, and for all of eternity, God did elect some to everlasting life. God entered into a Covenant of Grace with the elect to deliver them out of the estate of sin and misery, and to bring them into an estate of salvation by a Redeemer.

Evidence That Such A Covenant Was Made

There is Scriptural evidence that a Covenant of Redemption was made between the Father and the Son

ohn 6:37 "All that the Father giveth to me shall come to me.
¨
John 6:39 "Of all that He hat given men I should lose none."

John 8:42 "Neither came I of myself, but He sent me."

John 10:29 "My Father who gave them to me,"

The plan of the Covenant of Redemption was to save man by a Redeemer, who should become a Substitute, bear the penalty of sin, fulfill all the demands of God’s Law, justify or acquit the sinner on condition of faith, restore the soul to God’s favor, sanctify it wholly and glorify it forever. This Covenant of Redemption was made in eternity, but takes effect in time. It first appears in human history after the Fall of man in the Garden of Eden when a Redeemer was promised (Gen. 3:15).

The Covenant of Grace

Issuing from the Covenant of Redemption between the Father and the Son is the Covenant of Grace between man and God. "The distance between God and the creature is so great, that although reasonable creatures do owe obedience unto Him as their Creator, yet they could never have attained the reward of life but by some voluntary condescension on God's part, and this He hath been pleased to express by way of a covenant (study Luke 17:10; Job 15:7,8).

Moreover, man having brought himself under the curse of the law by his fall, it pleased the Lord to make a Covenant of Grace wherein He freely offereth unto to sinners life and salvation by Jesus Christ, requiring of them faith in Him that they may be saved; and promising to give to all who are ordained to eternal life His Holy Spirit to make them willing and able to believe (study Gen. 2:17; Gal. 3:10; Rom. 3:20,21; Rom. 8:3; Mark 16:15,16; John 3:16; Ezek. 36:26,27; John 6:44,45; Psa. 110:3).

This covenant is revealed in the Gospel; first of all to Adam in the promise of salvation by the seed of the woman, and afterward by further steps until the full discovery thereof was completed in the New Testament; and it is founded in that eternal covenant transaction that was between the Father and the Son about the redemption of the elect; and it is alone by the grace of this covenant that all the posterity of fallen Adam that ever were saved did obtained life and blessed immortality, man Being now utterly incapable of acceptance with God upon those terms by which Adam stood in his state of innocency" (study Gen. 3:15; Heb. 1:1; 2 Tim. 1:9; Tit. 1:2; Heb. 6:6,13; Rom. 4:1,2; Acts 4:12; John 8:56; The Baptist Confession Of Faith Of 1689, Chapter 7, Sections 1,2,3).

The Plan of Salvation is always presented as a covenant, with parties, conditions, promises, and penalties.

For the complete article: SOTERIOLOGY

Quasar02

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think your summaries concentrate on what will be to the benefit to those who are saved. But predestination is for us to be conformed to the image of Jesus so He may be the firstborn among many brethren > Romans 8:29. And I understand that our Heavenly Father desires to conform us to the image of Jesus, because He is so pleased with how Jesus is. So, this is for what is for pleasing God, and not only what is for us.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
Tell me, do you agree on when the lamb was slain?
Do you agree the Lamb was Jesus Christ?
So then the fall was predetermined.
So really Christ died for believers so they would have eternal life, before they were born, and before Christ was born, He was slain.
That is how certain and predetermined God's foreordination was and is and ever will be, since God determined this at the beginning.

Revelation 13:8New King James Version (NKJV)
8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
2 Thessalonians 2:13-14New King James Version (NKJV)
Stand Fast
13 But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth, 14 to which He called you by our gospel, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

God predetermined to save you, if your saved, from the beginning, at the foundation of the world.
He accomplished your salvation since you were elect, by choosing you for salvation, predestined you, by Him choosing to make you holy by His Spirit and belief in the TRUTH who is Jesus Christ, and so then that is why you were called by the gospel, to be united with Christ as one spirit with Him.
And this is in total agreement with many other scriptures, especially Ephesians 1, 1 Peter 1.

1 Peter 1New King James Version (NKJV)
Greeting to the Elect Pilgrims
1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ,

To the pilgrims of the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, 2 elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ:

Grace to you and peace be multiplied.

God's grace and peace is for salvation in Jesus Christ directed towards His elect.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
OP: ...Q1:..."The "Plan of Salvation" is always presented as a "covenant", with parties, conditions, promises, and penalties....

A1: NICE complex copy and paste, But I disagree!

"covenant": DEFINITIONS?.

OT:

1.God's unilateral unconditional PROMISE/"covenant" with NOAH/his family/world:...(for example)

SEE: Genesis 9:9-19 (ALL NASB)
“Now behold, I Myself do establish My "covenant" with you (NOAH), and with your descendants after you;

My covenant...Hebrew 1285...bĕriyth...alliance, pledge...(promise?)
B.between God and man
i.alliance (of friendship)
ii.covenant (divine ordinance with signs or pledges)

NT:

The NEW "COVENANT":

Luke 22:20
And in the same way He took the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup which is poured out FOR you is the "new covenant" in My blood.

covenant...Greek 1242...diathēkē...II.a compact, ("contract"?), a testament
E.G. A.God's covenant with Noah, etc.

In form, a covenant is an agreement between two people and involves promises on the part of each to the other. The concept of a covenant between God and His people is one of the central themes of the Bible. In the Biblical sense, a covenant implies much more than a contract or a simple agreement between two parties.

REF: Five Great Bible Covenants (Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, Christ)

Five Great Bible Covenants:

1. God's Covenant With Noah

2. God's Covenant With Abraham

3. The Mosaic Covenant (God with Moses)

4. God's Covenant With David

5. The Covenant Of Jesus the Christ with Believers

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
OP: ...Q1:..."The "Plan of Salvation" is always presented as a "covenant", with parties, conditions, promises, and penalties....

A1: NICE complex copy and paste, But I disagree!

"covenant": DEFINITIONS?.

OT:

1.God's unilateral unconditional PROMISE/"covenant" with NOAH/his family/world:...(for example)

SEE: Genesis 9:9-19 (ALL NASB)
“Now behold, I Myself do establish My "covenant" with you (NOAH), and with your descendants after you;

My covenant...Hebrew 1285...bĕriyth...alliance, pledge...(promise?)
B.between God and man
i.alliance (of friendship)
ii.covenant (divine ordinance with signs or pledges)

NT:

The NEW "COVENANT":

Luke 22:20
And in the same way He took the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup which is poured out FOR you is the "new covenant" in My blood.

covenant...Greek 1242...diathēkē...II.a compact, ("contract"?), a testament
E.G. A.God's covenant with Noah, etc.

In form, a covenant is an agreement between two people and involves promises on the part of each to the other. The concept of a covenant between God and His people is one of the central themes of the Bible. In the Biblical sense, a covenant implies much more than a contract or a simple agreement between two parties.

REF: Five Great Bible Covenants (Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, Christ)

Five Great Bible Covenants:

1. God's Covenant With Noah

2. God's Covenant With Abraham

3. The Mosaic Covenant (God with Moses)

4. God's Covenant With David

5. The Covenant Of Jesus the Christ with Believers
As you wrote, the blood of the new covenant is poured out for you, and who was at the table?

Consider that those 5 covenants you mentioned are not with the world of unbelievers or for them either.
But unbelievers can become believers and then are in the covenant.
All unbelievers God destroys.

Jude
5 But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.

Upvote 0