Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know people who think that Jorge Bergoglio isn’t the pope. I know others who firmly expect that the Apocalypse is just around the corner. Tempting as I find both opinions, I rather suspect that they’re wrong. It’s easy to get misled by Polyannish wishful thinking. Just a few more years of crisis, then KABOOM and Jesus wins.

I recently published a column suggesting that Caesar’s mandates of a dodgy, experimental Vaccine made using dead babies might be a dry run for the biblical “Mark of the Beast.” And I think those parallels are worth taking seriously. At the very least, when evil precedents get set, we must see them and shun them. Nor should we get in the habit of letting our shepherds act like swineherds, who lead us to cliffs and tell us to jump. Then we answer: “How high, your Eminence?”

The Muslims or the Dolphins

Continued below.
Sorry, the End Isn’t Near | The Stream

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I can't remember if it was a council or an individual that acknowledged there are wicked popes and we must still endure them. We cannot renounce or reject the papacy because the one who occupies the office at a given time is a wicked prelate. We must remain true to the deposit of faith, even if he doesn't.

This is a time we must endure, but we can't leave the Barque of Peter.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can't remember if it was a council or an individual that acknowledged there are wicked popes and we must still endure them. We cannot renounce or reject the papacy because the one who occupies the office at a given time is a wicked prelate. We must remain true to the deposit of faith, even if he doesn't.

This is a time we must endure, but we can't leave the Barque of Peter.
Absolutely.

Upvote 0