Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pretty soon I won't be able to post in the "Fabulous-Forties" forum. But, I'm not sad. Age to me is just a number, especially when you reach my age. I will be 50 soon and to be honest, I'm not upset about that. I'm actually starting to welcome being more mature! There's quite a few perks to that too. For instance, retirement comes sooner, I care less about what people think of me, I enjoy driving more in the slow lane, I've made so many mistakes they are becoming less frequent and I'm starting to pay people to do things I physically can't, nor want to do anymore! Life is good. :)

People worry too much about age. If you're a believer, it shouldn't matter as much, especially. I'm not concerned about getting old and eventually passing from this earth. In a weird way I'm actually looking forward to being with God and experiencing all the wonders that will bring. Until then, I am learning more to live the moments instead of always looking towards tomorrow, or the weekend for instance. In the grand scheme of things we're on this earth for a blink of an eye and as the years pass it becomes more apparent.

So I'm looking forward to the "Big-50", even though...it's just a number, right? :)

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Pretty soon I won't be able to post in the "Fabulous-Forties" forum. But, I'm not sad. Age to me is just a number, especially when you reach my age. I will be 50 soon and to be honest, I'm not upset about that. I'm actually starting to welcome being more mature! There's quite a few perks to that too. For instance, retirement comes sooner, I care less about what people think of me, I enjoy driving more in the slow lane, I've made so many mistakes they are becoming less frequent and I'm starting to pay people to do things I physically can't, nor want to do anymore! Life is good. :)

People worry too much about age. If you're a believer, it shouldn't matter as much, especially. I'm not concerned about getting old and eventually passing from this earth. In a weird way I'm actually looking forward to being with God and experiencing all the wonders that will bring. Until then, I am learning more to live the moments instead of always looking towards tomorrow, or the weekend for instance. In the grand scheme of things we're on this earth for a blink of an eye and as the years pass it becomes more apparent.

So I'm looking forward to the "Big-50", even though...it's just a number, right? :)

Well, we differ considerably in our perspectives. I think that life should automatically stop at fifty.

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟457,587.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Congrats on soon-to-be the big five-oh! :) I know people who were afraid to turn 30, got paranoid turning 40 and well, I guess we'll see what happens when they hit 50!

True, it is just a number and it's truly amazing how people can get so wide-eyed scared and seriously worked up over it. It's something to be celebrated the higher the number gets! ;)

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Amen and Amen!

I will be joining you later this year. Although things ache a little more first thing in the morning, I am feeling more and more content at the prospect of turning 50. Like you, I recently realised that I will be closer to retirement and I can't wait! :D

Friends who are already in their 50's are pestering me to hold a party - will you be doing anything to celebrate the big-50?

Reactions: CoolDude68
Upvote 0

CoolDude68

Site Supporter
May 29, 2013
Budapest
✟127,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nope, no party plans. I'm not a big party guy when it comes to a birthday. I don't think I've ever had a party for any age to be honest. For me, it's just a number and yet another day closer to retirement!

Reactions: Lotuspetal_uk
Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Nope, no party plans. I'm not a big party guy when it comes to a birthday. I don't think I've ever had a party for any age to be honest. For me, it's just a number and yet another day closer to retirement!
Ditto. I couldn't agree more. I remember my older sister commenting about organising a trip overseas etc but when the day arrived, she just went for a meal with her son. :)

Upvote 0

CoolDude68

Site Supporter
May 29, 2013
Budapest
✟127,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I bought a used Total Gym XLS for $150. It's in mint condition. They sell for $850 new on Amazon every day. I'm happy with it and starting to work out now and already feeling a ton better!

Reactions: *LILAC
Upvote 0