California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
How I quantify a song as a hit is based on how often it's performed at dance competitions, and its popularity on YouTube and Spotify rather than whether it's made it to the top of the Billboard. :)

I absolutely love Madilyn Bailey's covers of songs, and almost always prefer them over the originals. She's beloved by many dancers. This is her rendition of This is What You Came For:
I think it's softer and lovelier than this:

Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟320,844.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
How I quantify a song as a hit is based on how often it's performed at dance competitions, and its popularity on YouTube and Spotify rather than whether it's made it to the top of the Billboard. :)

I think that is a reasonable way to decide if a song is a hit. I'd take issue if you claimed it was teh only way.

There were several songs that were standard camping songs when I was growing up and well into my 20s. That was where I first heard Where have all the Flowers Gone.

I'm not sure if I ever heard this song anywhere except around a campfire until U-Tube.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟320,844.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The first time I remember hearing this song was in Hawaii where in a countdown of the top songs for the year in Hawaii had the Mathews Southern Comfort recording at number 1 for the year.

An interesting bit of trivia, the original artist Joni Mitchel had it as the B side for Big Yellow Taxi.

And a special note for someone. Joni wrote the song in large part because she missed Woodstock.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

I absolutely love Madilyn Bailey's covers of songs, and almost always prefer them over the originals. She's beloved by many dancers. This is her rendition of This is What You Came For:
I think it's softer and lovelier than this:

I see that top video is from your channel. You gals have got some incredible talent. You in particular! My word, that's amazing.

Can't say I'm as impressed with the song as I am with your dancing, lol. I'm not a big fan of Rihanna's, I think on account of that, I'm not big on songs that are covers of her songs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Always on my Mind has been a hit for several folks. I'm partial to country so I think Willie Nelson's is the best by far.

I'm not big on country music, but Willie's version rivals Elvis' (imho) and the Pet Shop Boys version is awful.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums