✟15,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
It's a mystery.

The Lord, who never sinned personally, was "made sin" for us in the same way that we (who are neither innocent nor righteous) are made righteous because of Him, by imputation. God "declares" Him sin our our behalf, counting our sins to His account as if He was the one who had committed them.

BTW, questioning the validity of either the doctrine of the Trinity and/or the dual nature of Christ (if that's the direction you're intending to take this thread) cannot happen here, as this too is a Christian's only board.

Yours and His,
David

2 Corinthians 5
21 He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Hi David,

Let me first start off with a little disclaimer. All of the following is stated in a calm friendly discussion demeanor. I know all too well that the written word can be misconstrued, as to the intent of emotion. Therefore, this is not meant to be harsh, just a discussion from one brother to another.

With that said, in every generation, God has reserved a Remnant unto himself. Unto that Remnant, it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven. It is true, that the mysteries of God had been hidden from the past ages and generations, but has now been manifested to His Remnant. Therefore, there are no mysteries, just undiscovered truth. If you are of the Remnant of God, then you know that you are a King and Priest of the Kingdom. Therefore, you know that it is the glory of God to conceal a matter, but to search out a matter is the glory of kings. If it is a mystery to you, then may I suggest digging into the Book of Nature, the Book of God's Word and relying on his Spirit to lead you into all truth. All you have to do is follow and desire a close relationship with him.

BTW, I did not take offense, nor will I take the bait to derail the subject of this post down your "Trinity" rabbit hole. Let's try to stay on topic.

You are correct that the Lord did not sin personally. However, he was a man, as the Bible states, so how do you reconcile Y'shau/Jesus being a man, yet all men have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God.

I look forward to your answer.

Shalom

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Hi mlgal1,

I do agree with you on the "Original Sin" doctrine. The one thing that is Biblically correct is that first time Eve sinned and Adam followed her, humans were changed some how. We lost our covering of light. For a lack of a better word, we now have a "sin gene", that allows us the knowledge of good and evil and the resulting disobedience. Does "Original Sin" cause us to sin, no, we all have the choice to follow God or Satan. As you have stated, the Bible says that all have chosen that path.

As for Y'shua/Jesus being conceived, the Bible is quite clear that he was conceived of the God's Spirit, through Miryam/Mary.

I'd like to hear more of what the Spirit says to you.

Shalom

The doctrine of Original Sin, as understood in the Western theological tradition, is that we inherit Adam's humanity, we are born sinful with concupiscience, the inborn and innate twisted lusts of the flesh; the idea is that our passions are bent or twisted. In "Lutheran speak", we are homo incurvatus in se, "man bent inward upon himself"; we are inwardly bent, or curved, to seek our own selfish desire and this comes from within ourselves, something we have deep in us which we were born with. We are Adam, fallen, broken, sinful, estranged from God, needing salvation.

We aren't born "neutral", we are born broken and sinful. It is Pelagianism to say that we are born totally free and neutral. It is not simply a matter of choosing the good and avoiding the bad, if it were that simple then we wouldn't need to be saved, we would simply need to be righteous by our own strength of will and power. Man needs more than a moral law to tell him how to behave, because no moral law can save a sinner--we are not sinners because we sin, we sin because we are sinners. When a man sins he does what is as "natural" to him as when fire burns or water makes wet. You can no more make a man stop sinning by telling him not to then you can make fire not burn by telling it to stop, or tell a mindless boulder to roll up a hill against gravity. What is needed is something outside of us, beyond us, better than us--something stronger and able. There is only One who can command fire not to burn, and He is the only one who can save us from our sin and make the dead get up and walk.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
You are correct that the Lord did not sin personally. However, he was a man, as the Bible states, so how do you reconcile Y'shau/Jesus being a man, yet all men have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God.

He, unique among all men, was without sin. How the Lord Jesus, a man by nature, can be without sin though all men are born in sin is, as St. Worms/David said, a mystery of faith (your protest to the contrary on the basis of some mystical "remnant" is rejected). Any answer given will be mere speculation and not Christian dogma.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Keith O'Der

The Remnant of God
Sep 13, 2017
Hamilton, Ohio
Visit site
✟15,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Hi Keith,
As David has written here, sin was imputed to Christ when He was on the cross. Jesus is the antitype of the scapegoat in the Mosaic Covenant. Two goats were chosen yearly, the high priest would lay hands on them, imparting the sins, known and unknown, of Israel upon them. Then one was sacrificed and the other was released into the wilderness, and Israel's sins of the past year were forgiven.

In a similar way, sin was imputed to Christ as He was on the cross. But Christ was not inherently sinful. He was born by the power of the Holy Spirit, without human father, and therefore was without any inherited sin. And neither did He commit any sin during His time on earth. He "always did what was pleasing to the Father", and when Christ was baptized, the Holy Spirit came on Him "and remained". Thus Paul writes, "God made Him who knew no sin, to become sin, that we might become the righteousness of God" (2Cor 5). Jesus took our sin upon Himself, took it with Him to the grave, and arose without it, leaving it dead in the grave forever.

When the Bible says "all have sinned", it refers to the children of Adam. But Christ's birth was adventitious, and escaped the corruption of Adam. In 1Cor 15, Paul refers to Christ as "the last Adam". By His atonement He has created a new spiritual lineage for all who believe in Him. As His bride, we are joined in one-flesh covenant relationship with Him.

Hi Paul1149,

Very well said, my friend, for the scriptures agree with you. You are definitely part of the Remnant of God. Very few Christians can explain this. Very few people agree that Y'shua was a man, born of the Spirit of God, making him 100% man, while being 100% God. Acknowledging that Y'shua had the ability to sin, but was obedient unto God, to the alter of God, the cross, is very important to recognizing our kinship, which allowed us to take part of the wonderful gift of salvation.

Thanks and may I encourage you, as I expect your encouragement, as we spread the truth of God's Word and testimony, within this world.

Shalom, my brother.

• Friendly
Reactions: paul1149
Upvote 0

Keith O'Der

The Remnant of God
Sep 13, 2017
Hamilton, Ohio
Visit site
✟15,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Jesus had a "lawful" father - Joseph - "LAWful" according to Jewish Law and Roman Law.

Jesus had an "promised" father - Abraham - the promised father of men of nations.

^ those "father's" suited Jesus while he was on earth. ie Son of man.

Jesus had a "heavenly Father" - God - thee God that declared he would BE A FATHER
......................................................To Jesus

^ that "Father" suited Jesus while he was on earth. ie Son of God.

John 6

[42] And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know?

Heb 2
[16] For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

Rom 7
[16] Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Heb 1
[5]
For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

God Bless,
SBC

Hi SBC,

You have quoted God's Word well. However, May I challenged you to put into words, what the Spirit tells you what it means? Who is this Y'shua, that you call your savior? It's one thing to know of him, I think that you will agree, that it's another thing to know of God. If you will, please treat me as a ignorant human that knows nothing. How would you tell me of the Good News of our savior and what it means to me.

Shalom

Upvote 0

Keith O'Der

The Remnant of God
Sep 13, 2017
Hamilton, Ohio
Visit site
✟15,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
The Definition of Chalcedon gives us this, that our Lord Jesus was "like us in all ways, but without sin". St. Peter writes, "He committed no sin, neither was there deceit found in His mouth." (1 Peter 2:22); the Apostle Paul having said, "He who was without sin became sin" (2 Corinthians 5:21), this does not mean that He became a sinner, it means that the burden of our sin fell upon Him as He made atonement for us.

-CryptoLutheran

Hi ViaCrucis,

Nicely quoted scripture and church writings. However, who do you say that this Y'shua is?

Shalom

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Hi ViaCrucis,

Nicely quoted scripture and church writings. However, who do you say that this Y'shua is?

Shalom

I can't improve upon what has been said already:

"Therefore, following the holy fathers, we all with one accord teach men to acknowledge one and the same Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, at once complete in Godhead and complete in manhood, truly God and truly man, consisting also of a reasonable soul and body; of one substance with the Father as regards his Godhead, and at the same time of one substance with us as regards his manhood; like us in all respects, apart from sin; as regards his Godhead, begotten of the Father before the ages, but yet as regards his manhood begotten, for us men and for our salvation, of Mary the Virgin, the God-bearer; one and the same Christ, Son, Lord, Only-begotten, recognized in two natures, without confusion, without change, without division, without separation; the distinction of natures being in no way annulled by the union, but rather the characteristics of each nature being preserved and coming together to form one person and subsistence, not as parted or separated into two persons, but one and the same Son and Only-begotten God the Word, Lord Jesus Christ; even as the prophets from earliest times spoke of him, and our Lord Jesus Christ himself taught us, and the creed of the fathers has handed down to us." - Definition of Chalcedon, 451 AD

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Keith O'Der

The Remnant of God
Sep 13, 2017
Hamilton, Ohio
Visit site
✟15,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
The Lord Jesus was and is entirely human, not just physically, but spiritually as well, being of a "rational body and rational soul"; the idea that Jesus was a human body but with His Deity taking the place of the human soul is the heresy of Apollinarianism. Jesus is fully human and fully God.

-CryptoLutheran

Once again, ViaCrucis. I will not debate with you on this very important point. Our job is to edify and help set each other on the path of God's truth, not mans. You job is to receive the message with all eagerness of heart, but search THE SCRIPTURES, NOT MANS WORDS, to see if it is so, even if it's the "tenth gizzillointh" time that you have look up this subject. Therefore, God is asking you, "Who is this Y'shua/Jesus, to you? How did God work this miracle?" Not other man's word, but your word. If you are of the Remnant of God, truly Christ-like, I would expect that you to follow Acts 17:11 and be a "Berean", before giving YOUR answer, not other men's answer.

Shalom

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Therefore, God is asking you, "Who is this Y'shua/Jesus, to you? How did God work this miracle?"

God isn't asking me, you are. And I've provided my answer already.

If you are of the Remnant of God,

Baptizatus Sum.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Keith O'Der

The Remnant of God
Sep 13, 2017
Hamilton, Ohio
Visit site
✟15,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
God isn't asking me, you are. And I've provided my answer already.

Baptizatus Sum.

-CryptoLutheran

My friend, God is always listening and is always talking to you. It sounds like you refuse to listen to him. In this world of constant static, you need to be still and listen to God, not man. You are correct in one thing, God and all of us have your answer.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Y'shua/Jesus referred to himself as the Son of God and the Son of Man. If God is pure, holy and sinless and all men have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God and Y'shua/Jesus was made sin for us all, then how could Y'shua/Jesus be God and man?
Because He is both the Creator and the Created. This is why He is the First and the Last, the Alpha and the Omega. The first Adam was a created man made in the image of God. He was made perfect and sinless with the freedom of will to accept or reject God. The last Adam is the Creator who clothed himself in a created person, of whom is called Jesus. The Spirit of the Word was joined to the created spirit of the man Jesus. The man Jesus is of the same substance that we are as created beings, but was sinless. He did not have the original sin of Adam because he was born of the woman, Mary. Jesus became sin only when he accepted the sins of the world upon himself on the cross. Since it was not his sin, he was justified then resurrected sinless again.

We are not directly saved by God, but the man Jesus of Nazareth. We are indirectly saved by God in that God became the man, but it was the man who obeyed God perfectly who justifies us. God could not do that Himself. It was a man, Adam, who sinned against God and it required a man, Jesus, to suffer the penalty. This is the meaning of an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
My friend, God is always listening and is always talking to you. It sounds like you refuse to listen to him. In this world of constant static, you need to be still and listen to God, not man. You are correct in one thing, God and all of us have your answer.

In the 2nd chapter of the Acts of the Apostles we read that on the day of Pentecost the Holy Spirit was poured out in fulfillment of the words of St. John the Baptist, "The One who comes after me will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire". St. Peter, on that same day, stood up and addressed the pilgrims gathered in Jerusalem saying to them, "Repent and be baptized for the remission of your sin and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. This is for you and for your children, for all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God will call to Himself." The Apostle St. Paul has taught us, "No one can say Jesus Christ is Lord except by the Holy Spirit", and elsewhere that we have been sealed with the Holy Spirit--and indeed we have, we who are Christ's by the gift and promises of God which are in Christ, granted to us by the Spirit who works to accomplish these things, even creating faith in us, as we read, "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of Christ".

This Holy Spirit, poured out, is the Same who has always been and is working through the Church which Christ our Lord and God founded, saying, "Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you Simon bar Jonah ... and I tell you that you are Peter and upon this rock I will build My Church and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it."

I know where the Spirit speaks, He speaks through God's word of Holy Scripture, He speaks through the faith and witness and confession of the Church, which stands upon the solid foundation of Christ Himself, on the pillars of the ancient and holy Prophets and the Apostles.

I would like to ask you the reason for your questioning. You seem intent on determining who is and isn't part of a "remnant". You seem to imagine that your line of questioning is somehow spiritual in nature, but frankly I see it as little more than a game.

I will stand upon the Faith once delivered. I will make my stand upon the Solid Rock of Jesus Christ, His Apostles, His holy Church, and His holy word. I know where my faith is, and upon Who my faith rests.

Iesous Christos Kurios.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Y'shua/Jesus referred to himself as the Son of God and the Son of Man. If God is pure, holy and sinless and all men have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God and Y'shua/Jesus was made sin for us all, then how could Y'shua/Jesus be God and man?
The works that Jesus was doing caused people to believe God was with him. He did not lie, but stated that he could do no miracle apart from God. The members of the Sanhedrin worked to try to convince people Jesus was not sent from God and that he was a sinner. The common people who received his blessings and healing were convinced Jesus was from God. One who receives a miracle from God can not easily denounce God as imperfect.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,303.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
That is a JW question. Jesus is the hypostatic union. The Father of eternity and the human spirit, soul and body which is one being, Jesus Christ. Jesus was tempted body, soul and spirit at the start of His ministry. Matthew 4:3-10. Tempted to eat for His body, test God at the written word, and to worship the Devil. But the Father of eternity in the union was like asleep but still not tempted.

On the cross Jesus spirit soul and body was cursed with all humanities sins, and yet He obeyed His Father. Therefore He said "It is finished." And He died. God cannot die. His humanity died. And again He as God the Son raised Himself up from the dead as He said in John 2.

This union of The Father of eternity and the human parts of Jesus meant salvation can come into our hearts, instead of somehow having to come from outside. Life is in the heart. Spiritual life first. Death comes through sin. Sin and death were conquered from within a human. We have Jesus' blood to receive. It contains the power to justify and clean us. To give us life as necessary, from within.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

The Spirit of God within the Body of a Man....

Jesus is God manifested in the flesh..

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hi SBC,

You have quoted God's Word well. However, May I challenged you to put into words, what the Spirit tells you what it means? Who is this Y'shua, that you call your savior? It's one thing to know of him, I think that you will agree, that it's another thing to know of God. If you will, please treat me as a ignorant human that knows nothing. How would you tell me of the Good News of our savior and what it means to me.

Shalom

Sure -
Of course this is based on my choice to trust to believe the knowledge I am given from written Scripture - so that IS my source I will use as my basis, paraphrasing in my own words.

First - I believe in ONE God, called by many names and titles.

I believe THAT ONE GOD, is without beginning or ending.
I believe THAT ONE GOD, is not limited by time or space.
Thus meaning, His capability is to BE any place, all places, at all times.

I further believe ALL of His creations were created and made VERY GOOD.
I believe ALL of His creations, have liberty to choose to do as they please,
...in belief, in action.
I believe ALL of His creations, though a series of events, (their choices) have themselves personally become "corrupt" AND "corrupted" by influence of action pertaining to their surroundings.

I would say Here....Corruption, is the result of what what created and made VERY GOOD, becoming NOT GOOD. And that is basically God giving mankind Knowledge,
and mankind choosing to ignore that knowledge, and do as he chooses, which when in contrast to Gods knowledge, which is GOOD, becomes mans knowledge, which again, in contrast to God, is NOT GOOD.

Once mankind became "corrupt", through a series of knowledge revealed to mankind, mankind was given a WAY, to become, "acceptably" cleansed of his corruption.

I say "series", meaning - for early man it was BY doing "certain" things, to be cleansed.
For later man, it became further revealed, of what the WAY was effecting.

The WAY, is according to God.

In the OT it is called "Gods WAY", In the NT, Jesus is revealed, as THE WAY, so now we have "Gods WAY", being identified with a NAME.

The PARAMOUNT knowledge IS God IS A "SPIRIT". Not just A SPIRIT, but thee SUPREME SPIRIT, above ALL other things.

HE is PERFECT, ie Holy, without FLAW. He can not, trick, lie, cheat, steal, etc.

So - about the man - who CAN trick, lie, cheat, steal, etc.... whom it has been established IS NOT Perfect - WELL bummer -

We have a dilemma - How does a HOLY GOD, that can not be seen, or heard, BY something UNHOLY (ie mankind), communicate?
After all IF God wants mankind TO hear and know HIS WORD....how is that made possible for the UNHOLY to receive and know His Word? right? :scratch:

THAT seemingly dilemma has been solved VIA Gods own devising and manner -
Which IS to "shield/cover" Himself from mankind's eyes, and mankind"s ability to hear his voice -
"as it really IS".

God's Supreme Power and Zero confinement of time and space ALLOWS God to be numerous/ all places at once.

God in heaven, on earth, in the earth, on the moon, in hell, in the deep of the seas, etc; Nothing He has created or made, can be hidden from Him.

what the Spirit tells you what it means? Who is this Y'shua, that you call your savior?

We hear - the Spirit of God, the Power of God, the Word of God, the Seed of God, etc.
OT men, simply said... ALL of those things ARE GOD.

Then God reveals to us additional knowledge -
Gods Spirit has a NAME. Gods Power has a NAME. Gods Word has a NAME. Gods Seed has a NAME, Gods Wisdom has a NAME...

JESUS, IS the "thing", that came forth out of Mary's virgin Womb, revealed to mankind;
"in the likeness of mankind". IOW - this "thing", like mankind, was in Mary's womb for 9 months, revealed passing through Mary's birth canal, and appeared LOOKING like ANY baby, that is procreated, via, a human mans sperm and human womans egg mixing.

However "that thing" - was NOT procreated, via, a human mans sperm and woman's egg.

That "thing" was the WORD of GOD, that spiritually came forth out from Gods mouth, and spiritually "imparted", (put, placed) in Mary's womb.

And WHEN it came forth out of Mary's womb - it was "covered" in a BODY, prepared of God, specifically for WHEN, he was to come into the World in a "fashion" (ie cover), that COULD be SEEN and HEARD, by other men.

He LOOKED as MEN out of the earth, who comes forth from a woman's womb, look, and was called A MAN, By, mankind, and By Himself.

Mankind treated Mary and Joseph as his LAWFUL parents - and so did Jesus, adhere to the law, and treat Mary and Joseph as his LAWFUL parents.

Who is this Y'shua, that you call your savior?

He is God, Himself, WHO revealed Himself (with cover, in the likeness as an earthly man), for the purpose of accomplishing certain things -
briefly
- fulfilling prophecy laws and prior teachings of things that would come to pass.
- teaching things that had become lost through generations of men not learning and passing down the knowledge.
- revealing things that had been kept secret, such as "His" names, "what things are called" (ie such as born again), revealing things about souls separated from God in hell, etc.
- showing mankind with "Him being the example" of what the faithful can expect after a natural death of their body.
- revealing POWERS His has that men could visibly observe.

Christ IS God Himself, revealed in the fashion of manKIND.

Christ, IS the NAME of Jesus.
Christ, IS the NAME of Gods Spirit.
Christ, IS the NAME of Gods Power.
Christ, IS the NAME of Gods Seed.
Christ, IS the NAME of Gods Word.
Christ, IS the NAME of Gods Wisdom.

When Scripture speaks of God IN Heaven, Christ ON Earth, Spirit here /there, IN a man,
it is ALL ONE GOD, but the Different NAMES and TITLES and PLACES - is to give us notice of WHAT is being effected specifically, at specific times and places and to whom -

Basically - no matter WHAT God is doing, or WHERE something particular is being done -
it is the WHOLE of God, He desires us to KNOW......and REMEMBER.

Lord the Son
God the Father
Almighty Spirit

ie Lord God Almighty ie ONE God.

Rev 4
[8] And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

God Bless,

SBC

Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

The son of man was a term used in the Hebrew scriptures. Jesus said (to the Jews) that he was the son of man. Since the Jews wanted a physical Messiah, Jesus was their son of man (flesh). He was the son of the spiritual God, Father. Truth came through spirit by walking flesh. It was to transfer the thought of flesh (the Jews followed) to truth by the spirit (which Christ spoke). John 8 shows how hard it was for them to accept Jesus, as the believing Jews turned against him when he spoke as being the son of God.

John:
27 They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.
28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.
30 As he spake these words, many believed on him.
31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

By the time he explains that he is the son of God, and that the Jews never knew God the Father, they are ready to stone him.

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

The revealing of 8 in it's entirety shows that the Jews never had the truth needed to not taste death. All their saints died, being resurrected only by the risen Christ. Matthew 27:52

Paul never used the term son of Man. It was Jewish, for the Jews, and why it appears only in the scriptures of discernment of fleshly things, like the Jewish book of Hebrews and Revelations.

Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The Lord Jesus was and is entirely human, not just physically, but spiritually as well, being of a "rational body and rational soul"; the idea that Jesus was a human body but with His Deity taking the place of the human soul is the heresy of Apollinarianism. Jesus is fully human and fully God.

-CryptoLutheran

Entirely human? If someone stabs you would you bleed blood and water? Will Jesus flesh and bones ever be found? Doubt it. He wasn't a holy human, but a holy thing. Luke 1:35 The grace and truth of the Father in the likeness of sinful flesh.

Romans:
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Upvote 0

Dirk1540

Site Supporter
Sep 19, 2015
Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Once again, ViaCrucis. I will not debate with you on this very important point. Our job is to edify and help set each other on the path of God's truth, not mans. You job is to receive the message with all eagerness of heart, but search THE SCRIPTURES, NOT MANS WORDS, to see if it is so, even if it's the "tenth gizzillointh" time that you have look up this subject. Therefore, God is asking you, "Who is this Y'shua/Jesus, to you? How did God work this miracle?" Not other man's word, but your word. If you are of the Remnant of God, truly Christ-like, I would expect that you to follow Acts 17:11 and be a "Berean", before giving YOUR answer, not other men's answer.

Shalom
Sometimes you're correct, it's not good to just quote a man because you trust that man. But other times it's a matter of an Ah Ha moment where you simply realize that 'This man' has worded his explanation in a way that totally makes sense to your understanding, and you could not have worded it better yourself! So in that instance you are giving the thumbs up the explanation, not to the man.

• Agree
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0