It doesn't matter... my home is Heaven!
✟8,050.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
I Love Father God. I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

But I can't stand some of the people who call themselves christians. I'm not talking about only people from here, but everywhere... church, school, work. We fight over the most stupid things sometimes!! Corection, most of the time. Like I said before, I understand that people have different veiws on different things and I don't expect that to change. I'm just sick of people fighting about it and bashing it into peoples heads. I'm sick of Christians who say they care then turn their backs on each other. Christians who ignore and hurt you. Why are people like that? I guess I just needed to vent. I'm just sick of it. It would be nice to feel like other Christians really did care about you.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

"As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit-- just as you were called to one hope when you were called-- one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all." Ephesians 4:1-6

Dear Lizzi,

I know too well how you feel and will always pray for you and anyone else who is struggling. If I can do anything, let me know. Me and my fiancee would be glad to pray for you! I pray you never give up your walk with Christ. If you need someone to pray with live, go to LivePrayer.com 24/7 and they can help you out! :hug: God bless you!

Upvote 0

Wildfire

Feb 13, 2002
Visit site
✟954.00
Hi Lizzi, try not to feel too bad. I know of an uplifting parable given to us by Jesus, that may explain what you are witnessing; in here, or out in the world.

Luke 10 talks of a man who is beaten, robbed and left for dead; a priest passes by him, and a Levite also, without aiding him. Then came a samaritan, and having compassion for him; bound up his wounds, fed, clothed and sheltered him.
Who then, Jesus asks, was his neighbor?
He that shewed mercy upon him, the disciples answer.

Go and do likewise.

Hope this helps, Wildfire

Upvote 0

Christi

Mar 28, 2002
Visit site
✟4,038.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I understand completely where you are coming from. Once, a friend of mine who wasn't a Christian--yet---but had showed interest told me this: "Christi, this is what's holding me back--all the people who say they are Christians are mean-spirited, look down on me, and act like I have a disease they may catch. I can go to a bar, and sit around and drink and talk with people who believe there is a God, but don't act religious.....and THOSE people are the one's who exhibit kindness, compassion, love....those are the people I would call if I needed something-actually I wouldn't HAVE to call them, they would show up! Those people are the ones who demonstrate the love of Christ, as I understand him from reading the Bible." I had no idea what to say to her, because I have noticed the same thing before. Is that a sad commentary on the Church today? Or is her perception distorted due to the fact she hasn't accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior? I don't want to offend, but I believe we have Pharisees today in our Christian churches that could make anyone feel hopeless. (I have actually been talking to someone on these forums that is making me feel that way, and I know I have been bought with the blood of Jesus!) I am terribly afraid, that the Church through self-righteousness, has turned away many. I am terribly afraid that we are looking down our noses at people Jesus loves---and perhaps were sent to us to show His love....but we say "dirty sinner, we must separate ourselves."
Sorry I am rambling, but I am reminded of a few verses and then I will get off my soapbox:
Luke 7:33-35
For John the Baptist came neither eating bread or drinking wine, and you say 'He has a demon.' The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and you say 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.' But wisdom is proven right by all her children.
Let's be "children of wisdom". I have a bad feeling that if Christ was to come in our time, a lot of "good Christians" would snub Him, too.

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
understandable and very sad too.... but that's exactly who Christ came and died for. Everyone has his own road to take, and will come in time to learn the real meaning of being a Christian. Patience and a loving heart are what we need to ride through this rough ride. May God touch your heart Lizz.

Upvote 0

Dewjunkie

Apr 1, 2002
Asheville, NC
Visit site
✟9,428.00
Faith
Christian
My dad is a minister, and when I left home I also left the church because of the hypocrasy, back-stabbing, and high and mightiness of many of the people I had encountered in the years of my dad's ministry. I had seen him treated more poorly than most people should be, and more often than not by those in his own congregation. I too felt more comfortable around non-chistians, as they were often far less judgemental than a lot of the "Christians" I knew.

Now that I have come back to God, I am still annoyed by these things. But, rather than letting them get me down, I am now trying to use them as growing tools. I have had many examples in my life of how NOT to be a Christian, but I have also had many of the right way to be one. It is easy, especially in today's negative society to focus on the bad. I am guilty of that too often. I am now trying, and asking God to help me to focus n the good; the good influences, the truly Christ-like people in my church. I pray for the others, the ones that are quick to judge.
God didn't call on us to judge others, but to love them. So, as hard as it is, we must love those that make our religions look bad, and just pray for them.

Lizzi, it's not easy being a Christian today, and I know all too well it's even harder when God's people can't seem to focus on God. My advice to you (and I hope I am able to take it as well) is pray. Pray that God will give you patience with those that are upsetting you. Pray that he won't let you be so affected by these people that you lose focus on him. Pray for me that I can do the same. I'll do the same for you. :wave:

Upvote 0

Lizzi4Christ

I'm worth waiting for.
Feb 13, 2002
It doesn't matter... my home is Heaven!
✟8,050.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
It's just hard because I'm just starting to get out of depression that I've been in for years and it's difficult when very few of God's people show you His love. The love seems to be coming from those who hate God and don't want anything to do with Him. I'm afriad of being pulled away from my faith, as it does happen.

:cry:

Upvote 0

Dewjunkie

Apr 1, 2002
Asheville, NC
Visit site
✟9,428.00
Faith
Christian
Again, Lizzi, this is the time to pray the hardest. God won't put you through anything you can't handle with Him. Ask Him to provide you someone to help you, and He will. There are many truly good Christians out there, and as I said, as hard as it is, you need to focus and interact with them. Posting here is a good idea, even though I am fairly new to the board I have read some very inspired posts by some good people. I'm sure there are many here that are willing to help as much as possible.

:wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Didymus

can t spell--can t type
Feb 3, 2002
New York state
✟10,771.00
Faith
Protestant
I know how you feel. Christian have been crueler to me then most unsaved people. one pastor in particular. i think it is because i dont expect it from them so I let my guard down and then i get blindsided. My reaction now when someone says they are a Christian is "yeah so what prove it " I know no one is perfect but i still ezxpect more from someone who calls me sister.

Upvote 0

Kiwi

Feb 21, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟963.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ah yes, in my twenty odd years of being a christian (one of those childhood christians), having a father that's a pastor and having been in missions I have seen the good, the bad and the very ugly of christianity. Often I feel sorry for God, lots of his children fighting and then beating up on the others who are not christians yet. I have come to the conclusion that a lot of what goes on under the banner of 'being a good christian' is really nothing more than people's own personal opinion and then they find a verse to back them up and off they go to 'save the world' which is better translated as 'convert people to my opinion'. For example there are some christians who say very horrible things about homosexuals, and do not seperate the sin from the sinners. You get the impression they really want to see them 'burning in hell' instead of coming to know Jesus. So they use Christianity to cover up their personal hatred of homosexuals. But there are alot of christians out there who love Jesus and do what they do for him, they are often not noticed or making a big name for themselves but they are there all the same. Don't give up hope.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.