Something us Christians may appreciate in our fight against atheism.

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
upload_2017-11-13_9-42-33.jpeg
Like You mean they go dressed like this sometimes, I tell them I do not believe in darwin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

I wasn't aware that I was fighting against atheism. When did this happen? And who declared war? I don't remember a vote.

-CryptoLutheran

• Friendly
Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Hi, everyone. First of all, I want to make something absolutely clear... Jesus once said that "He that is not with me is against me." And with that, I believe that any and every world view that does not support Christ and The Truth are our enemies. SPIRITUAL enemies, to be precise. I believe this is a war, and although we can, in fact, live peacefully with them in superficial ways, we shouldn't compromise and show mercy to their false beliefs. Jesus Christ and The Truth should dominate against false teachings...

Lately I've been very motivated to educate myself further on matters of philosophy and religion, and such motivation made me plunge unto serious study. I took on a free course in Coursera titled "Philosophy, Science, and Religion" and are currently, as of this writing, am in PRE-week 1. Doctor Orestis Palermos of the University of Edinburgh said the following that almost made me jump with joy:

"For the second half of the twentieth century, the best philosophers of science, philosophers like Sir Karl Popper, Thomas Kuhn, Imre Lakatos, and Paul Feyerabend attempted to explain what science consists in and how it differs from myths and religion. And no matter how hard they tried, eventually the debate died out with the realization that science, much like religion, requires faith."

Ain't that enlightening? Here's another one from the same man.

"Both science and religion seem to require faith, which means that it is not so easy to distinguish between creationism and evolutionary biology."

I really wanna talk about my recent findings. I'm excited to debate on behalf of Christianity. Please be respectful even if you disagree with me.

Does this mean, 2/3 of the world's population that is not a Christian, is your enemy?

Do you require every person to agree with your religious beliefs, to be able to practice your own brand of Christianity in your own life?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I got another one for you... The fact that we won't go to Hell because of Christ's sacrifice.

Also, without God there would be nothing. The world and the entirety of the universe is proof of His existence. This is Theology 101. The cosmological argument. I'm sure someone can give a better explanation of it than me.

And you are free to believe that, in your own personal life.

I wouldn't be too shocked, if a bunch of people disagree with you though and I wouldn't let it ruin your day.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I wasn't aware that I was fighting against atheism. When did this happen? And who declared war? I don't remember a vote.

-CryptoLutheran

Typical pattern we see with some folks; they seem to need an enemy and have this psychological need to have one, so they manufacture an enemy, to satisfy the need.

• Agree
Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

Dave RP

Jun 9, 2015
London
✟63,350.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The connection between atheists and Christians is that they are and SHOULD be sworn enemies.

I think Christians should take a vigilant approach when it comes to spreading God's word. By "vigilant" I don't mean violent or aggressive. Just assertive and with passion.

My current partner is a committed Christian, I’m an atheist, our relationship works well at every level. We are not in competition with each other, we have different views, that’s it.

We are certainly not enemies!

Upvote 0

jmldn2

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2013
✟85,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I see plenty of reasons to pray for anyone without God in their hearts. I see no reason at all to hate them, see them as enemies. I've had plenty of conversations with atheists and sometimes those conversations were more respectful than some of the conversations I've had with fellow Christians.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheFriendlyAtheist

Oct 19, 2017
Midwest
✟21,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

-CryptoLutheran

Well I could argue that being evangelical in your faith is fighting against atheism. But I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing. I'm all for people being allowed to spread their beliefs peacefully. I get your point though, I don't see us as enemies just fellow humans with different worldviews.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God declared the war - but not against atheism. When the US went to the European theater in WW2, we were not fighting Auschwitz; we were fighting Germany. Liberating people from the concentration camps was not the main goal. (even though it was an important outcome)

And in the war we fight against the powers of darkness, we do liberate people from the prisons and concentration camps we encounter; like atheism, islam, voodoo, and humanism. But again, the warfare is not against the prisons, it is against the devil and his minions:

Eph 6.11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

1 Cor 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,​

Upvote 0

Spikey

Dec 6, 2017
Manchester
✟11,348.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
I got another one for you... The fact that we won't go to Hell because of Christ's sacrifice.

Also, without God there would be nothing. The world and the entirety of the universe is proof of His existence. This is Theology 101. The cosmological argument. I'm sure someone can give a better explanation of it than me.

I'm sure someone can.
Why is that proof? Because it exists and we don't know how, let's just say God did it? Just saying look around you is proof of nothing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,294.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Spikey

Dec 6, 2017
Manchester
✟11,348.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Since you're new, a short introduction to CF terminology:

Poe's law - Wikipedia

A poe is someone who fullfills, or seems to fullfill that internet "law".

Yeah, That was an attempt at humour on my part ;) You'll soon get used to my bad jokes. :D

Upvote 0