Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I need your input on this... We say that we trust God, right..? or at least we "say" we do! But... Do we really trust God..? Let me ask this... Do we fully trust God to protect us at night when we go off to bed..? Now, that we say that we fully trust God, and with that in mind... Do we lock our doors at night when we go to bed..?

Greater works...

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I need your input on this... We say that we trust God, right..? or at least we "say" we do! But... Do we really trust God..? Let me ask this... Do we fully trust God to protect us at night when we go off to bed..? Now, that we say that we fully trust God, and with that in mind... Do we lock our doors at night when we go to bed..?

Greater works...

Christ is our example,he wouldn't tempt the Grace of God. We should not take his hedge of protection for granted. So we don't jump off buildings or dive into tanks. We have to keep in mind free will , we control our destiny. God is omnipresent but has given man a choice. By doing something of your own vanity and expecting God to be a Wizard ,we could find ourselves meeting him before our time. Besides why would he have given man the knowledge to invent The 1911 .45 ACP :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
We are told not to lean on our understanding, so trusting His leading is important. If He leads you to lock your doors that is faith.

It's faith when we set on a chair, and trust it will not drop us to the floor. But is that the Faith of God?

Upvote 0

ABlessedAnomaly

Teacher of the Word
Apr 28, 2006
Arizona
✟17,809.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Christ is our example,he wouldn't tempt the Grace of God. We should not take his hedge of protection for granted. So we don't jump off buildings or dive into tanks. We have to keep in mind free will , we control our destiny. God is omnipresent but has given man a choice. By doing something of your own vanity and expecting God to be a Wizard ,we could find ourselves meeting him before our time. Besides why would he have given man the knowledge to invent The 1911 .45 ACP :thumbsup:
Very good answer. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Jedi.Kep

Jul 30, 2009
Earth
✟16,160.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Greater works...

That's a trap of the enemy. By refusing to lock the door, we try to PROVE we have faith. Much like refusing to take medicine, we are trying to PROVE we have faith. What we are really proving is that we are stupid.

I can have faith in the police to keep someone from stealing my lawn mower. But if I don't even bother to lock my garage.... The thief can come in and steal freely. Then I whine to the police because a thief stole my mower? Wouldn't it be better to lock the garage AND have faith in the police? The clear answer is YES. My trying to PROVE that I have faith (in the police) really isn't faith at all. It is putting an expectation on the police that goes beyond their duties.

So, lock your door. Use simple common sense. Work TOGETHER with God. Things go much better.

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

That's a trap of the enemy. By refusing to lock the door, we try to PROVE we have faith. Much like refusing to take medicine, we are trying to PROVE we have faith. What we are really proving is that we are stupid.

I can have faith in the police to keep someone from stealing my lawn mower. But if I don't even bother to lock my garage.... The thief can come in and steal freely. Then I whine to the police because a thief stole my mower? Wouldn't it be better to lock the garage AND have faith in the police? The clear answer is YES. My trying to PROVE that I have faith (in the police) really isn't faith at all. It is putting an expectation on the police that goes beyond their duties.

So, lock your door. Use simple common sense. Work TOGETHER with God. Things go much better.

These two say it all!

Wisdom!

:)

Upvote 0

ABlessedAnomaly

Teacher of the Word
Apr 28, 2006
Arizona
✟17,809.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

It's one of the things I tried to have pulled out in the thread "Too spiritual for earthly good..." We get so caught up looking for spiritual aspects and leaning on our super-faith, that we fail to consider that God made this earth and this domain for us to live in and take dominion over. There are both spiritual and physical sides to our creation. And when we try to avoid the physical answers, the physical actions, the physical responses because we have faith and we have spirit and we have "poof!" then that is when the physical will bite us in our physical nature.

And that is exactly how God created us and our world. We are commanded to take dominion, not get so spiritual that we ignore what we are to take dominion over. Yes: lock your doors, take an asprin if necessary, guard against the bad guys and the bad things. Take dominion. And above all, remember that God is our Father and He is there to guide and give wisdom.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Good response and correct... We don't test God... He tests us... We are to be wise (wisdom) as serpents, innocent as doves. (Matt. 10:16) Wisdom can found in what we do with (Deut. 30:19) and I choose.... To lock my doors..:)

How so true... The world is an evil place... The Bible says, Do not test the Lord your God. (Luke 4:12), (Matt. 4:7) and (Deut. 6:16)

Someone once said, "by refusing to lock your doors at night is an open invitation for destruction."

How does a Christian soldier/Marine sleep at night in a combat zone..?
A Bible on one side of his sleeping rack, and a loaded M-16 on the other side... If your in a building, lock and bar the doors...

Good stuff, guys...

Greater Works...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
G

How does a Christian soldier/Marine sleep at night in a combat zone..?
A Bible on one side of his sleeping rack, and a loaded M-16 on the other side... If your in a building, lock and bar the doors...

Good stuff, guys...

Greater Works...

Hopefully with an ever handy copy of Psalms 91.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It's one of the things I tried to have pulled out in the thread "Too spiritual for earthly good..." We get so caught up looking for spiritual aspects and leaning on our super-faith, that we fail to consider that God made this earth and this domain for us to live in and take dominion over. There are both spiritual and physical sides to our creation. And when we try to avoid the physical answers, the physical actions, the physical responses because we have faith and we have spirit and we have "poof!" then that is when the physical will bite us in our physical nature.

And that is exactly how God created us and our world. We are commanded to take dominion, not get so spiritual that we ignore what we are to take dominion over. Yes: lock your doors, take an aspirin if necessary, guard against the bad guys and the bad things. Take dominion. And above all, remember that God is our Father and He is there to guide and give wisdom.

and God won't rebuke us or say, "where is your faith," if our doors are locked at night. I have two examples of the Disciples (after the resurrection), locking their doors and Jesus didn't rebuke them...

The third appearance of Jesus to the Disciples after the resurrection found in (John 20:19) was when the Disciples were assembled, (except Thomas), and for the fear of the Jews, they "locked" their doors. (8 of 15 translations). And Jesus stood in the midst of them... Notice, Jesus did not rebuke them, he simple said..."Peace be unto you."

His fourth appearance, (John 20:26) and this time, Thomas was included with the rest of the Disciples eight days later. Jesus came, the door being "locked," He stood again in the midst of them. Notice again, no rebuke... No where is your faith..? He simple said, "Peace to you." (In both instances, it is suggested that Jesus either "appeared" or "walked through the locked door)...

One commentator suggests that Jesus caused the doors, locks, and bars to just give away... (I guess in his thinking, He just snapped His finger or broke it down, which is a little nonsensical to me.)

Yes, lock your doors, take the aspirin if necessary. We must remain on-guard and take our dominion and protect our familys... Seek wisdom...

Greater works...

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks everyone for your responses... They are more help "than you know.."

BTW... We do lock our doors at night, always have, always will... My question has much more meaning than just locking our doors from intruders coming "in"... and I will leave it with that...

I read somewhere that this one particular guy "never" locked his doors at night, but then a large stray cat walked in... This guy had a lockable swing pet-opening on the door for his dog, in which he forgot to lock it one night... He suddenly woke up face to face with this mangy fur ball staring at him... (hmmm... where was the dog..?) Anyway, he then decided to lock up all doors in his house... Can you imagine in this same scenario, waking up face to face with an...... alligator.."

Proverbs 3:13

Happy is the man who finds wisdom...
So yes, we lock our doors at night... and, we might want to consider locking the pet openings to keep other preditors out, or you may be on the alligator's breakfast menu...

Greater works...

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hopefully with an ever handy copy of Psalms 91.

Yes, there you go... and the Bible "by itself" is just a book... It's the Word of God in the book that we meditate on day and night...

Upvote 0