Something tells me that this probably isn't going to be good. Thanks Trump.

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
European officials draft radical plan to take on Trump and U.S. tech companies

Hi all,

I guess we may yet see how 'easy' winning trade wars really is. We've seen already how 'easy' it is to replace the ACA and how 'easy' it was to get Mexico to pay for the wall. This is all just going to be sooooo easy. LOL!

So let's see. We've ticked off China, Denmark, Great Britain, France, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico. We've won the approval of Russia and North Korea. Wasn't that easy.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi all,

I guess we may yet see how 'easy' winning trade wars really is. We've seen already how 'easy' it is to replace the ACA and how 'easy' it was to get Mexico to pay for the wall. This is all just going to be sooooo easy. LOL!

So let's see. We've ticked off China, Denmark, Great Britain, France, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico. We've won the approval of Russia and North Korea. Wasn't that easy.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Overall the wake up call to Europe, that the US under Trump can't be trusted, has the potential at least to galvanise private and public support for more Euro-centric economic and technological development. It would be awesome to knock Amazon and FB off their perches in Europe, but the reality may lie in pursuing some other niche and then building networking into it. Europe has the capability if we can work together instead of trying to live in a fantasy past.

Upvote 0

Newtheran

Sep 10, 2018
South
✟26,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
  • Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You missed this part. "In addition to America’s biggest tech companies, the officials also identify Chinese rivals such as Baidu, Alibaba and Tencent as firms that Europe needs to rival. “Europe has no such companies,” their document notes."

But continue with your Orange Man Bad analysis of the political environment.

Hi Newtheran,

No, I didn't miss that point. The EU has always been skeptical of China, but, as tom pointed out, it's only in recent times that the EU has developed this attitude that the U.S. can't be trusted and we need to go after them because they are going after us. President Trump has attacked many of the EU nations with his 'tariff war', too.

Anyway, yes, I'm not a big fan of the 'Orange Man' as you refer to him. So when I see problems arise because of his own lack of understanding, I'm generally going to point that out. He's the one who said that a tariff war was going to be easy to win. Let's see how he does. So far, nothing else that he's told us was going to be easy for him, has been.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Hi all,

God bless,
In Christ, ted
Actually Great Britain is itching for a trade deal with us. The people love Trump.

Globalist leaders don’t love him, but the people do.

God bless President Trump

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually Great Britain is itching for a trade deal with us. The people love Trump.

Lol this is one of the strangest posts I’ve ever read. Truly, a view into the alternative facts universe.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi TBL,

I'm sure that in your universe that's likely true to you, but...

According to YouGov's polling, 11 percent of Britons believe Trump is a great or good president. But 67 percent, a vast majority, believe he is a poor or terrible president.

We asked 12 people in London how they feel about Donald Trump's UK visit. Here are their reactions.

President Trump holds about the same percentage of like/dislike in GB as he does in the U.S. So yes, just as President Trump has some pockets where supporters seem to outnumber those who don't support him here in the U.S., there are bound to be some similar pockets in Britain. However, polled as a nation the numbers stand about the same as the national polling is here.

So, unless all of London is populated only by 'globalist leaders', I don't think your position is actually based on any factual evidence, although I'll be happy to look over any that you may offer.

Nice try though.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hi Newtheran,

No, I didn't miss that point. The EU has always been skeptical of China, but, as tom pointed out, it's only in recent times that the EU has developed this attitude that the U.S. can't be trusted and we need to go after them because they are going after us. President Trump has attacked many of the EU nations with his 'tariff war', too.

Anyway, yes, I'm not a big fan of the 'Orange Man' as you refer to him. So when I see problems arise because of his own lack of understanding, I'm generally going to point that out. He's the one who said that a tariff war was going to be easy to win. Let's see how he does. So far, nothing else that he's told us was going to be easy for him, has been.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Everything you say has a modicum of truth to it, but when I look back at the Last (4) Administrations, I do't see any one of them that have accomplished for the US that this Administration has.

The difficulties I see President Trump is having is all of the bad things the other (4) Administration put into action, or just let things ride as far as other Countries taking advantage of "Good Ole Uncle Sam" The moment he stood up and said no more free rid the whole world is upset, poor babies, deal with it, saying the US cannot be trusted when they are the ones who have not kept their part of the bargains. We have footed the bill for the rest of the world long enough.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Everything you say has a modicum of truth to it, but when I look back at the Last (4) Administrations, I do't see any one of them that have accomplished for the US that this Administration has.

The difficulties I see President Trump is having is all of the bad things the other (4) Administration put into action, or just let things ride as far as other Countries taking advantage of "Good Ole Uncle Sam" The moment he stood up and said no more free rid the whole world is upset, poor babies, deal with it, saying the US cannot be trusted when they are the ones who have not kept their part of the bargains. We have footed the bill for the rest of the world long enough.

Footed the bill for what?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi jiminz,

Thanks for your response.

I absolutely agree with that. I'd even go so far as to say that there hasn't been a presidential administration in my lifetime that has accomplished what this administration has.

Used derogatory name calling as a method of dealing with others...Nope! Not a one.
Continuously and regularly made up facts, figures, statistics...Nope! Not a one.
Ticked off just about every ally that we have...Nope! Not a one.
Seemed so utterly and completely out of touch with the reality of the job...Nope! Not a one.
Created so much noise while getting so little accomplished...Nope! Not a one.
Running trillion dollar deficit budget while having a healthy economy...Nope! Not a one.
Pretty much unable to get any meaningful legislation passed...Nope! Not a one.

So yes, I'm in agreement with you that none of the last 4 administrations have accomplished what this administration has. Problem is, I don't see those accomplishments as being good things for the country, which is where you and I seem to be at odds.

I don't see it as a good thing that instead of trying to work with others, this administration seems to be doing its very best at widening the division between our own political parties and other nations across the globe. I don't see it as a good thing that this administration has done its best to throw the entire world economy into a frenzy with tariffs, that so far, don't seem to be reaching an end game of any kind of success. Europe wants to throw tariffs back at us. China hasn't budged in over a year now. We've had to create a $16B fund to keep our own farmers afloat while this game of power is playing out. For what? What's the purpose in all of this.

As I've written before, so far, the only benefit to out international trade that is better than what it was 4 years ago and prior to that, is that we can now sell our dairy goods to Canada. I'm pretty sure we could have opened that meager market with a lot less of this grandstanding power play that President Trump has involved us in. The problem, as I see it, is that despite his book 'Art of the Deal', which is now some 30 years old, Donald Trump isn't really much of a deal maker. He's just a bully that sometimes got his way in private business by his bullying tactics. However, when we measure his entire career against other successful entrepreneur's entire careers, he hasn't really been particularly successful. There are a lot of captains of business who have made similar incomes that have not left the pile of train wrecks behind them.

Just my 2¢ worth. However, it would seem that, based on national polling, my understanding is shared by a very, very many other people.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Lol this is one of the strangest posts I’ve ever read. Truly, a view into the alternative facts universe.
Hmmm.

If that is true, why don’t you include a retort and set me straight?

Share your facts please.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi jiminz,

Thanks for your response.

I absolutely agree with that. I'd even go so far as to say that there hasn't been a presidential administration in my lifetime that has accomplished what this administration has.

Used derogatory name calling as a method of dealing with others...Nope! Not a one.
Continuously and regularly made up facts, figures, statistics...Nope! Not a one.
Seemed so utterly and completely out of touch with the reality of the job...Nope! Not a one.
Running trillion dollar deficit budget while having a healthy economy...Nope! Not a one.

So yes, I'm in agreement with you that none of the last 4 administrations have accomplished what this administration has. Problem is, I don't see those accomplishments as being good things for the country, which is where you and I seem to be at odds.

I don't see it as a good thing that instead of trying to work with others, this administration seems to be doing its very best at widening the division between our own political parties and other nations across the globe. I don't see it as a good thing that this administration has done its best to throw the entire world economy into a frenzy with tariffs, that so far, don't seem to be reaching an end game of any kind of success. Europe wants to throw tariffs back at us. China hasn't budged in over a year now. We've had to create a $16B fund to keep our own farmers afloat while this game of power is playing out. For what? What's the purpose in all of this.

As I've written before, so far, the only benefit to out international trade that is better than what it was 4 years ago and prior to that, is that we can now sell our dairy goods to Canada. I'm pretty sure we could have opened that meager market with a lot less of this grandstanding power play that President Trump has involved us in. The problem, as I see it, is that despite his book 'Art of the Deal', which is now some 30 years old, Donald Trump isn't really much of a deal maker. He's just a bully that sometimes got his way in private business by his bullying tactics. However, when we measure his entire career against other successful entrepreneur's entire careers, he hasn't really been particularly successful. There are a lot of captains of business who have made similar incomes that have not left the pile of train wrecks behind them.

Just my 2¢ worth. However, it would seem that, based on national polling, my understanding is shared by a very, very many other people.

God bless,
In Christ, ted
Not working with other countries?

What about Great Britain, Japan, South Korea, China, Saudi Arabia, ect?

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi TBL,

I'm sure that in your universe that's likely true to you, but...

According to YouGov's polling, 11 percent of Britons believe Trump is a great or good president. But 67 percent, a vast majority, believe he is a poor or terrible president.

We asked 12 people in London how they feel about Donald Trump's UK visit. Here are their reactions.

President Trump holds about the same percentage of like/dislike in GB as he does in the U.S. So yes, just as President Trump has some pockets where supporters seem to outnumber those who don't support him here in the U.S., there are bound to be some similar pockets in Britain. However, polled as a nation the numbers stand about the same as the national polling is here.

So, unless all of London is populated only by 'globalist leaders', I don't think your position is actually based on any factual evidence, although I'll be happy to look over any that you may offer.

Nice try though.

God bless,
In Christ, ted
Wow a whole 11 people in that country. How many millions live in Great Britain?

Also, why don’t you link to the data on that YouGov survey. I’d like to see for myself.

God bless you and God bless President Trump

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We've had to create a $16B fund to keep our own farmers afloat while this game of power is playing out. For what?
I just wanted to correct an inaccuracy related to a current event.

President Trump paid the farmers the money that was lost because of China.

He used part of the 20% tariff money.

So our farmers are not hurting and taxpayers are not footing that bill.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Defense for one, TPP for a second, the UN for a third, trade imbalance with China for a fourth.

Could you give some more details? Most of the claims I've seen so far are just basic misunderstandings.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm.

If that is true, why don’t you include a retort and set me straight?

Share your facts please.

What are you basing your first post on? It's the surprising nature of your claim that I was responding too. It's so completely inaccurate it's difficult to know where an idea like that might come from. It's easy to counter some detail or other, but when something so totally 'out there' is posted it's hard to know where to begin.
If you can provide a source or some specific thing to respond to that might be useful.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Newtheran

Sep 10, 2018
South
✟26,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Obama offers new insults, then laments gridlock

List of them?

Opinions.

"President Barack Obama had the largest deficits. By the end of his final budget, FY 2017, his deficits totaled $6.785 trillion."
Which President Rang Up the Highest Budget Deficit?

Now Trump is spending a lot...but don't act like this is something unqiue and new.

Legislation...legislative branch. That's a Mitch McConnell/Paul Ryan issue.

Just bitterly clinging to my religion.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow a whole 11 people in that country. How many millions live in Great Britain?

Also, why don’t you link to the data on that YouGov survey. I’d like to see for myself.

Hi TBL,

Hmmm LOL. Let me see if I've understood your position correctly. You make a claim for which you offer not one shred of any evidence other than you say so. I offer a rebuttal with a couple of pieces of evidence. You mock the evidence and then question its existence. Ok.

I do appreciate your input on the thread. It does give me some understanding as regards how some of President Trump's supporters think.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0