United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
2019-01-07-211902.jpg

This picture is of the inside of my dorm room. I have a small nativity set, and set it up right where I had the perfect spot: on top of my bass amp.

I think there's something oddly beautiful about nativities like this one that the Lord has blessed me with; just something small, took about a minute to set up, with an angel sitting on top of my alarm clock, but God is honored, Saints Mary and Joseph are honored, it makes a beautiful scene, and sends a message that there's room for God everywhere.

Thoughts?

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
Held together by Jesus and coffee
✟698,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I love the nativity because in setting up the barn it really brings home how humble Christ's beginnings were. He came into the world in a dirty place, surrounded by animals, when He could have chosen the lap of luxury.

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
But I long to see a Nativity where Joseph, Mary and the shepherds look less European and more Jewish.
My priest was talking about nativities during the student Mass yesterday, and the Epiphany readings were, of course, about the coming of the Magi to Jesus. He talked about several points from it, but one that really stuck out that I wanted to share was the way the 3 kings are portrayed in most nativities; 1 European, 1 Arab, and 1 African, referencing Isiah 60:6, which describes the 3 cities the kings will come from to honor the newborn King. The 3 cities have special significance, due to the continents they're on: 1 on Europe, 1 in Asia, and 1 in Africa, symbolism from our Savior's birth that Christianity is for the whole world (and for the time, these 3 continents were the whole world).

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0