Something I didn't know about black holes that blew my mind!

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
yet another reason why the universe is so grand -- we'll never figure everything out, and so there will never be an excuse for boredom :)

Correct indeed. If I had more of an aptitude for science, I might have sought a career along those lines. Instead, I'll just sit back and let it be discovered by someone else.

Upvote 0

Agonaces of Susa

Evolution is not science: legalize creationism.
Nov 18, 2009
San Diego
Visit site
✟11,653.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
oh man i didn't notice that was another Thornhill link :(

Where's the rense or whale.to?
I must applaud you on your ad hominem fallacies with no logical content.

Your post is utterly devoid of any scientific evidence or argument.

Bravo...:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Ar Cosc

I only exist on the internet
Jul 12, 2010
Scotland
✟3,511.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

I'm using this against you in the future.

Just so you know.

Upvote 0

Agonaces of Susa

Nov 18, 2009
San Diego
Visit site
✟11,653.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm using this against you in the future.

Just so you know.
Of course you would prejudice your arguments against me because you don't care what I say you have to disagree with it on account of Sophistry.

2+2=4.

Upvote 0

Ar Cosc

Jul 12, 2010
Scotland
✟3,511.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Of course you would prejudice your arguments against me because you don't care what I say you have to disagree with it on account of Sophistry.

2+2=4.

I wouldn't disagree with you so much if you were right on a less irregular basis.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟294,851.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Not true; Any mass needs spacetime in order to move. Past the event horizon and spacetime starts to bend in on itself and thus there is no direction to go to. No time and no space. Even if you had all the power of the universe, you will still go nowhere. Now if you were made up of pure antimatter then that is a different story albeit you would need to be of a mass greater than the black holes in order to have enough anti matter left to survive.:wave:

This is only true for a universe where c is the maximum velocity.

Since the problem stated that I can go faster than c I would assume I can unbend space time to my liking.

Upvote 0
K

knowledgeIsPower

In a singularity, logic gets torn apart.

Thornhill, W., Black Holes Tear Logic Apart, Mar 2004
LOL well if it's in a quote from the electric universe dude then it must be true.

Look here is one from Winnie the Pooh:
"People who don't think probably don't have brains; rather, they have gray fluff that's blown into their heads by mistake."

We need to save everyone from the gray fluff!!! Quick AoS!!!!

Upvote 0

badtim

Vatican Warlock Assassin
Dec 3, 2010
✟8,009.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged

someone needs new batteries in his sarcasm detector. wasn't making an argument, none was needed.

Upvote 0

mzungu

INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
This is only true for a universe where c is the maximum velocity.

Since the problem stated that I can go faster than c I would assume I can unbend space time to my liking.
That is a possibility but so long as our universe is governed by the applicable constants then:

space_sign_small_2.gif
:wave:

Upvote 0

Agonaces of Susa

Nov 18, 2009
San Diego
Visit site
✟11,653.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
That is a possibility but so long as our universe is governed by the applicable constants then:

space_sign_small_2.gif
:wave:
Welcome to the world of MTV pseudoscience where 20th century myths like Special Relativity are sacred gospel because Britney Spears says so...:thumbsup:

"Special relativity was the result of 10 years of intellectual struggle, yet Einstein had convinced himself it was wrong within two years of publishing it. He had rejected his theory, even before most physicists had come to accept it." -- Lee Smolin, physicist, 2004

Buchanan, M., Why Einstein Was Wrong About Relativity, New Scientist, Oct 2008

Albert, D.Z., and Galchen, R., Was Einstein Wrong?: A Quantum Threat to Special Relativity, Scientific American, Mar 2009

Pulsar Bursts Move 'Faster Than Light', PhysicsWorld, Jan 2010

Single Photons Observed at Seemingly Faster-Than-Light Speeds, Science Daily, Jan 2010

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ar Cosc

Jul 12, 2010
Scotland
✟3,511.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Welcome to the world of MTV pseudoscience where 20th century myths like Special Relativity are sacred gospel because Britney Spears says so...:thumbsup:

"Your post is utterly devoid of any scientific evidence or argument."
Agonaces of Susa, Internet Troll, 2011

Upvote 0

Agonaces of Susa

Nov 18, 2009
San Diego
Visit site
✟11,653.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
"Your post is utterly devoid of any scientific evidence or argument."
Agonaces of Susa, Internet Troll, 2011
That's because you deliberately and customarily ignored the scientific links when you misquoted of me...LOL. Brilliant...:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

jonmichael818

Nov 28, 2010
united states
✟7,969.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's because you deliberately and customarily ignored the scientific links when you misquoted of me...LOL. Brilliant...:thumbsup:
You never replied to my posts:

Agonaces of Susa said:
"If it be true that every atom occupies the same volume of space, then gravitation might seem to be an effect depending on the crowdedness of electrons; but when an atom, breaks up into unequal parts, the smaller portion must in that case undergo considerable expansion, and that would be inconsistent with the constancy of gravitation, if it depended on crowdedness: hence I think it more probable that it depends on some interaction between positive and negative electricity, and that it is generated when these two come together, that is whenever an atom of matter is formed." -- Oliver J. Lodge, physicist, 1904
Not sure why you quoted this guy because he is wrong.

All atoms are not the same size, and gravity is not an effect that depends on the crowdedness of electrons. Gravity is related to mass.

You talk a lot about electromagnetism and gravity, but what are your views on the strong and weak nuclear forces?

Agonaces of Susa said:
Things claimed to be explained by universal gravitation and black holes are better explained by electromagnetism and magnetars.
How so?

Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Can you explain what a blackhole is and why it can't exist without copypasta?
You are asking the wrong questions since black holes don't exist, never did and never will. They are nothing but "Fairie Dust" [Fabricated Ad hoc Inventions Repeatedly Invoked in Efforts to Defend Untenable Scientific Theories].

Big Bang theory is a failed theory and black holes and all the other dark, invisible, undetectable stuff like dark matter and dark energy were fabricated to try to save a dead theory. Big Bang theory is now a zombie theory, but it is clear that some people like you are into zombies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The "electric universe" is not the same as electricity. One is a crackpot theory only accepted by people with a supreme ignorance of almost all areas of science.
A crackpot theory is a theory that is 96% unknown and unexplained by the so-called experts, a theory where the other 4% percent is filled with errors because of a failure by the so-called experts to understand the other 96%. Anyone who only gets 4% or less in any test is a failure. And that’s exactly what big bang theory is, a failure.

Upvote 0

Ar Cosc

Jul 12, 2010
Scotland
✟3,511.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
A crackpot theory is a theory that is 96% unknown and unexplained by the so-called experts, a theory where the other 4% percent is filled with errors because of a failure by the so-called experts to understand the other 96%. Anyone who only gets 4% or less in any test is a failure. And that’s exactly what big bang theory is, a failure.

Care to propose a non-failure theory that accurately and inerrantly models the behaviour of the entire universe?

Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Care to propose a non-failure theory that accurately and inerrantly models the behaviour of the entire universe?
An infinite amount of invisible, undetectable dark mater and dark energy can model anything you what it to model. Every hole in the model can be easily patched with some dark fairy dust. Remove all that dark, elusive, undetectable stuff then see what you have left. Nothing.

Your so-called model is a mere hypothetical, nothing more. Even its proponents is embarrassed by it:

“It is an embarrassment that the dominant forms of matter in the universe remain hypothetical.” - Jim Peebles, Princeton University.

Upvote 0