• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Someone says the Bible ended

Discussion in 'Christian Advice' started by Tony Ramirez, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Tony Ramirez

Tony Ramirez I have Asperger's Syndrome

+106
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    My cousin said many years ago that the reason the Bible ended meaning stopped being written after Revelation was because God is not around no more. Meaning around 100 AD to present there is no more scriptures or profits talking because God is ignoring the world.

That troubles me. It happened around 1998 before I even was saved the first time before I even attended church.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+3,495
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    I'm not sure, during the ages of Kings, were the history books considered scripture yet? or just the Torah? Maybe it's too early.

3. Of the Kingdom

Of the Kingdom Member

+143
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Do not believe every message you hear. Jesus revealed God's plan for salvation; there is no need to add anything to it. As He said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life". Nothing needs to be added to that. We can keep adding to our personal knowledge and improve our relationship with God and fellow humans however.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. TuxAme

TuxAme Quis ut Deus? Supporter

+3,194
    United States
    Catholic
    Celibate
    Public revelation ended with the death of the last apostle- that doesn't mean that God is ignoring us.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Tony Ramirez

+106
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I know that just troubling as my cousin thinks God might not excist or ignores us. He does not go to Chuch and says the Bible is missing facts to prove things true.

6. FutureAndAHope

FutureAndAHope Just me Supporter

+938
    Christian
    Married
    The reason why there was no more written after revelation, was that the writings that support Christ are confined to the people who knew Jesus, people who walked with him, and the early 12 disciples. There have always been other writers and people throughout history who have had encounters with God. But their writings are not considered scriptures, for they did not carry the same calling as the disciples. That said, we are all called to live for God, be it in our work place, our home, or as the apostles on the mission field. Each of us can encounter God, even at times hear from God, but what we hear, see, feel, will never replace scripture, and never can.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Tony Ramirez

+106
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    He even said there might have been two gods a vengeful God in the old testament and a forgiving God in the new testement.

Made no sense after reading both testement it is the one only true God.

8. thecolorsblend

thecolorsblend If God is your Father, who is your Mother?

+4,962
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Sacred Scripture has to be comprehensible to all people in all times. There are a lot of things that God could in theory have included in Sacred Scripture. Scientific realities, medical facts, revelations about the vast cosmos and so on.

But most of that wouldn't have been understandable to anybody prior to the 20th century.

Other things probably wouldn't be comprehensible to us even now.

I think God revealed enough divine truth in scripture to testify to His message. But I don't think His intention was ever to answer every possible question through inspired writings.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Tony Ramirez

+106
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Thing was that he bought up that topic after I said "I did not believe in God" because he my cousin was spewing f-word profanities in general talk after which I said that to him.

After that it took me two years to even get into Christ the first time after which you know I backslided and praying now to get back into his grace.

10. Halbhh

Halbhh The wonder and awe of "all things" Supporter

+4,074
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    It will help immensely to listen to all of Christ's words He spoke in order that we would listen, and hear, in the 4 gospel accounts. All He said. You'll learn how to pray the way He said, and how to abide in Him, and His words will build your faith.

Matthew 1 NIV

11. Tony Ramirez

+106
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Thanks. Growing up especially my teenager with my cousins they use to make fun of Christians on TV and radio. To me it did not feel right but at the same time I was afraid to stand up to them back then. I wanted to accept God but no one else wanted so I just ignored him.

Now what gets me really gets me is that they practically rejected God yet they are happily married with kids have no disabilities and are happy.

Meanwhile I still struggle accepting him because I am single living at home phobia of meeting new people and my major problem. So who blessed them. Really. Explain that one.

12. Halbhh

Halbhh The wonder and awe of "all things" Supporter

+4,074
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    In this temporary life many that do not live for God will still flourish...for a while, during this temporary life. As Christ said, " He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous."

Here is a story about that --

19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

30 “ ‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’ ”

Luke 16 NIV

You can learn so much more about life from Christ, so much, in Matthew and the other gospels. When you get to Matthew chapter 5 be sure to slow down and really soak in the words, and take your time. They are teachings that will be forever.

• Like Like x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
  13. Tony Ramirez

+106
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    BTW on a light note
    thecolorsblend
    love "The Hoff" I own Night Rider on Blu-Ray and I am watch Baywatch on Amazon Prime.

14. Gregory95

Gregory95 You will know them by their fruits

+187
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    No please i beg read

How can it be ended when the end of the Bible hasn't happened yet

This is why studying is. So important

15. samwise gamgee

samwise gamgee Member Supporter

+42
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Republican
    God has finished writing the Bible but that doesn't mean he is no longer around. The book of Revelation tells of some things he will be doing in the future.