Someone here hears God's Voice, Jesus's Voice, Angel's Voice, Saint's Voice or Holy Spirit's Voice?

John0733

Dec 4, 2018
Cabedelo
✟15,813.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Does someone here hear the voice of God, the voice of Jesus, the voice of a Angel, the voice of a Saint or the voice of the Holy Spirit audible and literally? Does God, Jesus, a Angel, a Saint or Holy Spirit speak audible and directly to you? Or does you know someone who hears? Does God, Jesus, a Angel, a Saint or Holy Spirit speak audible and directly to someone?

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,217.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have testimonies that God told me some things through my life, but posting them here is a waste of time i think. But not audibly, i did not hear anything.

All i can say that God is not mute, he can says things to people, but i would not recommend going for a hunt of Gods voice, or believe the first thing that come to someone mind of course.

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I once asked someone about this.. she said.. you know that you know that you know. Jesus said.. my sheep KNOW my voice. Meaning you will NEVER has to ask. And.. lol.. thinking today all the times the lord talked to me.. NEVER at that moment did I think wonder.. is this JESUS..is the GOD.. its SO strange.. AFTER sure.. but.. you NEVER wonder.. you just KNOW.. He said.. my sheep KNOW my voice.. He and the Father are ONE.

So.. I have never had an angel talk to me. I think I would know that also

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Does God, Jesus, a Angel, a Saint or Holy Spirit speak audible and directly to someone?

Why do you ask?
What relevence is it to your Christian life what God may do privately in another Christians life.

God can communicate in what ever way he choses, for most of us it is through reading the bible or listening to surmons.
Should you have 'a dream' etc do check it againmst scripture.

Upvote 0

John0733

Dec 4, 2018
Cabedelo
✟15,813.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why do you ask?
What relevence is it to your Christian life what God may do privately in another Christians life.

God can communicate in what ever way he choses, for most of us it is through reading the bible or listening to surmons.
Should you have 'a dream' etc do check it againmst scripture.
I'm looking for someone who hears the voice of God for a personal reason.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm looking for someone who hears the voice of God for a personal reason.

Then double check anything they say against scripture and consult with your minister before taking any action.

God is well aware that the devil will try to lead astray those who gulliably accept as gospel a supernatural voice/message and he is not ofended by our caution in checking such a message.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Does someone here hear the voice of God, the voice of Jesus, the voice of a Angel, the voice of a Saint or the voice of the Holy Spirit audible and literally? Does God, Jesus, a Angel, a Saint or Holy Spirit speak audible and directly to you? Or does you know someone who hears? Does God, Jesus, a Angel, a Saint or Holy Spirit speak audible and directly to someone?
I have heard the Lord speak to me countless times over the last 50 or so years, including visions etc.
Mostly it is an inner, "still small voice".
Very occasionally I have heard an audible voice at my ear.

It's an interesting question to ask, whether the voice is God, Jesus, Holy Spirit, or an angel.
It would never be a "saint" as communicating with the dead is forbidden.

When Christians talk about such things they usually say, "God spoke to me".
However the scriptural definition of angels is as "messengers of the Lord", so it may well be the case that it was an angel that was sent with the message. But even if that were true, I'm not going to waste my time trying to work it out. As far as I am concerned, if my spirit identifies a message as from the Lord, I don't mind if it came directly or by angel post.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Then double check anything they say against scripture'....
Why do you presume it needs to be, or even can be checked against scripture? The Lord is our Heavenly Father, and that means he likes to be involved with the daily lives of his children, things that have nothing to do with doctrines or scripture.
and consult with your minister before taking any action.
I would never consult a minister. In my experience, most wouldn't have a clue if God spoke to them.
God is well aware that the devil will try to lead astray those who gulliably accept as gospel a supernatural voice/message and he is not ofended by our caution in checking such a message.
Most deception originates in what's taught from the front of the church, not from hearing the voice of the Lord.
Until Christians cultivate the hearing of the voice of God, they will remain milk drinkers following after men, just as Paul said.

Upvote 0

sea5763

May 9, 2018
California
✟59,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I’ve heard from God for sure in one dream in which I was told scripture and the only thing told to me asked of me that wasn’t already directly in the Bible was that I needed to ask my mother for forgiveness and forgive her. It was an intense dream/sleep paralysis. I had read parts of the Bible before that but not all of it and it had biblical answers in the dream that I couldn’t have answered while awake cuz I didn’t know it yet. That and also God told me when I asked about what He thought of me being a prophet because I was delusional He said “you are not sent.” I didn’t even know what that was referencing or what it meant until years later when I was reading the book of Jeremiah and it said of the false prophets they were not sent yet they ran.

When I woke up from that dream I asked inwardly how do I know the dream was real? Then I had a vision of nuclear radiation coming off the coast of California towards California but not immediately killing anyone in California but I didn’t know what the source of the radiation was. Then several years later I kept having the vision as a reoccurring dream and then a couple of months later the tragic earthquake in Japan went off and one of the nuclear reactors broke and nuclear radiation spewed out from Japan towards California but didn’t immediately kill anyone in California. There was no message in the vision though.

I later developed mental illness and thought God was talking to me all the time even though He wasn’t.

For the past couple of years I’ve been suicidal and sometimes I’ll have dreams where a voice claimed to be God and asked me to please not commit suicide.

A couple of days ago I think I had another dream that I think was from God. I heard this voice talking to me in my sleep claiming to be God. I then said in the dream “in the name of Jesus Christ tell me your name” and then it said “Nazareth” and then I said “ha you didn’t say Jesus!” And then it said “Jesus”. The voice then told me some things about my mother and told me to take care of her. I protested and said “why should I you give her everything she wants” and at some point the voice said “she suffers in her own way”. I thought it was funny that He didn’t even argue that He gives her everything she wants. Everyone knows that whatever she asks for in prayer she gets and I don’t know of anyone else this happens for. I then said but I want to get married someday and move to another state and live with the rest of my family and relatives. I didn’t hear an answer to that and then I woke up.

I’m bitter that God only talks to me when it is on behalf of my mother who gets everything she wants in prayer except for winning the lottery. But at the same time I’m very happy to have had these dreams where God spoke to me. Right now my dad takes care of my mother but now I’m concerned that I will have to at some point. I’ve tried really hard to be forgiving and loving towards my mother but it is a daily struggle for me and I slip often and when I’m online I say things I shouldn’t about her because it’s anonymous for the most part even though I know I shouldn’t.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why do you presume it needs to be, or even can be checked against scripture?
So you would aprove of someone who acted on 'a small still voice' that told them to commit a crime or to be unwise with there money or personal safety.

You are experienced in hearing God the poster is not.
Most deception originates in what's taught from the front of the church,
No doubt because they have listened and not checked what that voice said against scripture.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
So you would aprove of someone who acted on 'a small still voice' that told them to commit a crime or to be unwise with there money or personal safety.
That's a silly straw man argument TJ, show me anywhere that I advocated such evils.
But tell me, is the only reason you haven't killed or raped someone because you read it in the bible?
Personally, I don't need the bible to know such things are wrong.

And as far as being unwise with money, tell me how someone could decide on his investments, or which house to buy from the bible, because hearing the voice of God has done that many times for me.
And tell me how your bible would save your life from a car crash, because knowing that "still small voice" certainly saved my life from a crash.
You are experienced in hearing God the poster is not.
And according to your own words, you are not experienced, so what qualifies you to give advice.
The poster asked specific questions that I answered, where you warned him off.
No doubt because they have listened and not checked what that voice said against scripture.
I was talking about the false teachers who stand at the front and talk nonsense from their bibles.
If they took the trouble, all Christians could hear the voice of God.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Personally, I don't need the bible to know such things are wrong.
And can you deferentiate between the Christian morality you were taught as a child/young man and your ability to reason out morality?

I was talking about the false teachers who stand at the front and talk nonsense from their bibles.
If they took the trouble, all Christians could hear the voice of God.

Yes Francis according to you all ministers a agents of the devil.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
And can you deferentiate between the Christian morality you were taught as a child/young man and your ability to reason out morality?
I didn't become a Christian till my mid20s, yet in my childhood I still understood morality, as indeed do most people.
If you needed the bible to tell you that theft, murder and rape is wrong, then I pity you.
It appears you have no understanding of conscience, but for your information that's where your morality is rooted, not in your capacity to reason!
Yes Francis according to you all ministers a agents of the devil.
Not all, but they are doing the devil's work if they teach the scriptures as a set of laws to learn right and wrong from, as indeed you seem to be pushing here.
Paul describes such thinking as another gospel, and anyone doing so is accursed.

Upvote 0