Someone Hacked and Stole my FaceBook Acct!

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Southeastern United States
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Someone pretending to be Ellen Degenerous and then calling herself ED posted a scam to FB and then when I clicked on the scam, not knowing any better, they somehow hacked into my FB account and changed my password and access info.

I have succeeded in freezing my account, while FB decides who is who.

This all started when I posted prayer requests. Every time I did, this Ellen person replied to them and said to come look at her profile. That is how it all started.

SO, this is an attack on CHRISTIANS! Beware.

PLEASE PRAY FOR ME!

Last edited:

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes I would think Ellen Degenerous would be a trolling account at best. Sorry to hear you're having trouble. I've heard of it happening to random people also. My nieces father's girlfriend had it happen to her recently.

A point of position I keep: I never friend anyone that I don't know in person, nor communicate with them on facebook. And I think that helps.

Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Yes I would think Ellen Degenerous would be a trolling account at best. Sorry to hear you're having trouble. I've heard of it happening to random people also. My nieces father's girlfriend had it happen to her recently.

A point of position I keep: I never friend anyone that I don't know in person, nor communicate with them on facebook. And I think that helps.

Usually I am careful, and I agree that in hindsight this looks foolish on my part. However, I clicked on the thing at 3 in the morning or some time like that and was not really thinking clearly at the time, obviously.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Usually I am careful, and I agree that in hindsight this looks foolish on my part. However, I clicked on the thing at 3 in the morning or some time like that and was not really thinking clearly at the time, obviously.

I don't know if I would call it foolish. That would be complimenting the con artist. Con artist usually go for the unknown scam. That way they can trick people. It was probably just unknown to you or a new con.

Along those lines: con artists know that young people are easier to scam. As you probably know drug dealers go for the youth of the nation. Drugs are new to them.

It's sad really that we have to use barriers of protection to guard us from those scammers. We shouldn't have to. But we do. Shame on them.

Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I feel so helpless about this. I have, I think, done all I can to solve this problem. It is now in God's and Facebook's hands.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,306.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Someone pretending to be Ellen Degenerous and then calling herself ED posted a scam to FB and then when I clicked on the scam, not knowing any better, they somehow hacked into my FB account and changed my password and access info.

I have succeeded in freezing my account, while FB decides who is who.

This all started when I posted prayer requests. Every time I did, this Ellen person replied to them and said to come look at her profile. That is how it all started.

SO, this is an attack on CHRISTIANS! Beware.

PLEASE PRAY FOR ME!
I pray for all to turn out well for you. I personally felt led, years ago, to not get on Facebook due to privacy issues.

• Friendly
Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I pray for all to turn out well for you. I personally felt led, years ago, to not get on Facebook due to privacy issues.
That was probably a wise decision on your part, but hindsight in my case is 20/20!

• Friendly
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I am still locked out of my Facebook Page. Facebook seems to be uncaring about this type of thing happening to us, because they have no way one can reach them (that I can find anyway) when one is locked outside of their system! I cannot find a street address for them or a phone number that has an actual person to answer it. UGH! So, it seems I am doomed not to be able to have a facebook page forevermore, because one is not allowed to have 2 pages with the same name and date of birth. The hacker has successfully convinced them that he or she is the owner of MY FACEBOOK PAGE!

So, at this time I would ask for prayers for peace of mind for myself. Acceptance of what seems to be God's will on this matter. I was wasting far too much time on FB anyway, if I look back on it, and for what? Nothing is gained by it.

Upvote 0