• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Someone at church said that Bipolar 1 is the work of the devil.

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I see B-polar 1 is like all other health conditions and not work of the devil. My girlfrend has this from when she was 23 years old and now she is 70 years old.
You are correct. The rare person who thinks it is of the devil is simply ignorant. They used to think schizophrenics were demon possessed too.

• Agree
Reactions: Tolworth John
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I see B-polar 1 is like all other health conditions and not work of the devil. My girlfrend has this from when she was 23 years old and now she is 70 years old.

One response is to ask whether that person ever use any form of over the counter medication and to say taking them is giving in to the devil.

It is unfortunate that many people with life changing conditions have to hide their taking of medication from ignorant church goers.

• Winner
Reactions: ElenaMaria_9
Upvote 0

RJ Howard

Growing with God
Sep 5, 2021
Saint Paul
Visit site
✟36,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's just a condition of a fallen imperfect world. I used to work with a guy in food service who had bipolar. It wasn't the most pleasant experience to hear him yelling and swearing for no reason at all, but I can understand it must be difficult to struggle with it. Thank goodness people can take medication to help them cope with it.

• Agree
Reactions: ElenaMaria_9
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Some conditions have physical roots and others are spiritual which manifest as infirmities. Without a word its best to address all maladies from both ends. Seeking the appropriate treatment and standing against it in prayer. Especially for familial problems or ailments that arrived with little warning or medical explanation.

Upvote 0

ElenaMaria_9

Jun 7, 2022
South West England
✟17,359.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Some conditions have physical roots and others are spiritual which manifest as infirmities. Without a word its best to address all maladies from both ends. Seeking the appropriate treatment and standing against it in prayer. Especially for familial problems or ailments that arrived with little warning or medical explanation.

This is so true!

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

onceEMT

Oct 30, 2021
Florida
✟22,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I spent half my life suffering from Bipolar d/o. People have shared a lot of ideas on why this was happening. Some blamed the enemy. Others set the burden on my shoulders. Some, who have never experienced, or cared for someone with mental illness will never understand.
I don't know whether or not it comes from the pit. God is not the author of sickness and disease. I believe He still allows the enemy to strike us, just like He did with Job. However, God is the source of healing. This may come by the medical professionals He ordained with knowledge about this issue. But, never rule out a miracle. He does them all the time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums