Southeast
✟61,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sometime in eighth or ninth grade, I started to fantasize about these boys. I started to suspect that to be a close friend to these boys, I would have to be more than just a friend. . .

I had a wound in the perception of myself. I felt unworthy as a human and as a man. My same sexual desires were not about "sex," in the early days it was because of my desires to have friends who where my equals or betters.

During this time, one of my older sisters had problems herself. I received the brunt of her acting out. Even though at times she was a great and loving sister, I also truly feared for my life. For instance, she stabbed me with a fork one time to the shoulder bone. Another time, she seriously injured herself when I locked her out when she was in one of her rages. I can not say if I had sexual orientation problems because of feeling inadequate as a male, or if it had more to do with fear of women because of my fear of my sister's rages. I had no desire to have intimate relationships with females, but I was desperate to have close relationships with other males.

I said all this to say, in my case, I wanted to have homosexual sex because I believed it was the only way that I could have a close friendship with a man who I felt was worthy of being my friend. Early on, it was not about sex, it was because I believed something other than the truth of the Word of God.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
All young singles, unsure of themselves - obviously. The lady I referred to was a divorcee, she was available but not expectant which I wouldn't have wanted her to be anyway. I wasn't her anchor and she wasn't my main one, she was valuable but I gave her her space.
just be careful having an 'anchor' of the opposite sex. I have a best friend who was a girl for like five or six years, then we married. So feelings may come in time. It is important to repeat over an over that you are not interested in anything than more than friends, especially if you think they may have feelings. God does not want us leading people on, or playing with peoples hearts. Just because you don't have feelings for them, doesn't mean that they don't. So again cherish those who are close to you be very transparent and repeat often. "that you don't like girls and are planning to be celibate." Otherwise she may develop feelings or hang out with you to try to get you to have feelings for girls. As a test subject. Either case is damaging to one or the others hearts. Again if you have no desire for marriage to a woman and feel you want to be a eunich. I recommend dorming with other like minded men that have the same views.

• Winner
Reactions: Amittai
Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Homosexuality is a hard subject to discuss. Almost everyone who participates has an objective other than what is often directly expressed. Because of that, I will only respond in this post to the subject matter of close same sexual friendships and how it relates to homosexual desire. I will mainly do this by sharing some of my testimony that relates to this subject matter.

First let me start by saying about thirty years ago I realized I needed to be right with God and repented of my homosexuality and made Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior. I can truly say that I became a Christian because I wanted Jesus fully in my life and not because I somehow decided I now wanted to be straight. But that is for another topic. I will try to hold my thoughts in this topic to the close friendships versus homosexuality.

I was an average kid and in many ways probably above average. I played sports as a young kid with the others in the neighborhood but was not obsessed with them as many boys and men are. I was good at football and basketball playing in the "sandlot" Just saying all that to say I was not one of the kids everyone considered effeminate. As far as masculinity was concerned I would consider myself then as now as simply average.

What I remember as a boy was not feeling like I measured up. In grade school I remember being ashamed because my parents bought me boxers and all the other boys wore "tighty whiteys." I feared they would realize that I was not just like everyone else. To me, because no other boys wore boxers, I had something to hide. It made me feel like I was not as much of a boy as the others in the neighborhood. The other thing I remember was I tried out for Little League. I was not chosen when most of the other boys in the neighborhood were. I did not try to do better for the next year or anything, I just did not care. The big reason I did not care is because my Dad did not seem to even notice.

I am not trying to get sympathy. That was years ago. I am just trying to let you know a little of my childhood to help explain the point I will be making. Now, as a child my Dad paid little attention to me. He was a workaholic and had little time to spend with me. I wanted his acceptance, and can say I never received it. Then between grade school and what used to be called junior high, we moved so I started all over trying to make friends.

It was hard for me to make friends, particularly with guys who were popular. Most of the friends I made were those who were "different." Not effeminate, just those who everyone considered a little strange. In junior high and high school I tried to make friends, but was rejected over and over. Because of that, I became desperate to be friends with certain other boys. Those that were masculine but had a personality that was approachable. But for some reason, even though I was willing to do anything to be a friend, they all rejected my offers of friendship.

To be continued. . .

I have always believed and still do that homosexuality happens because something goes wrong during the growing up years and that most times it's due to feeling that you don't measure up towards some masculine example, lack of support from the father or not identifying with the father. The boy, in this case you probably felt more support from your mother or other female figures? Add to that peer group expectations and rejection and this is the setup for most boys who become homosexual. I talked about this on another post that none commented on. But the main reason I think is not feeling supported by the father or being able to identify with him. I think its very important for all fathers to show support to their sons and keep critism low while also trying to find something they can both share so the son can identify with him.

Upvote 0

HatedByAll

Changed by the Grace of God
Sep 13, 2019
Southeast
✟61,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have always believed and still do that homosexuality happens because something goes wrong during the growing up years and that most times it's due to feeling that you don't measure up towards some masculine example, lack of support from the father or not identifying with the father.

In my opinion we make a mistake trying to blame it on any one factor. I believe there as many causes as there are different people who struggle with this situation. In my case I am sure it is a combination of my being quite shy and compliant as a young child as well as the failings of my Father in affirming me as a boy and the sibling abuse from my sister. But, for the sake of the topic, lets not chase that rabbit at this time.

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟246,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
*note: To be clear, I do believe that same-sex sexual relationships are considered a sin. More on this view to come*

Hey everyone, I'm here with some food for thought.

I've been seeing a lot of homosexual content in media lately(it's almost everywhere at this point)and it has lead me to do some long thinking on the subject. I've had some thoughts about it, and so as to keep things short & sweet I'll just summarize them in bullet points;

• I don't consider love or devotion to someone the same sex homosexual. This is because to me, I think the defining distinction(unpopular opinion here)between romantic and platonic love is the sexual attraction. Even things like an innocent kiss, while not being overtly sexual, are usually an expression of subconscious attraction that--in one way or another, preferably after marriage--will almost always end in sexual intimacy.
  • To add to that point is a favorite saying of mine; "Love is love...but just because I love my best friend and my parents, doesn't mean I want to have sex with any of them."
  • Having said all of that, if two people of the same sex(not excluding people without homosexual orientation)deeply care about each other and want to stay together for all of their lives, I don't mind if they end up being buddies in celibacy; so long as there is no sexual temptation or sexual intimacy...at which point I really wouldn't even consider them homosexual anymore. (I don't think this would be a sin? Unless it's with someone you're already sexually attracted to)
  • Has anyone noticed the homoeroticism in media these days, or is it just me? I'm an avid anime fan, and I know for certain it is extremely popular in the older animes and the shoujo genre in particular(examples that come to mind are neon genesis evangelion, cardcaptor sakura and sailor moon). On one note it's a little creepy and unsettling to me, and on another note, I would actually really enjoy the relationships if they didn't have overt undertones of a sexual nature(I.E. being classified as 'gay' instead of a close friendship). I find the kind of pure, strong and devoted love to someone of the same sex actually really endearing and inspiring...and I know I'd catch a lot of heat for saying this anywhere other than here, but it's really sad to see those kinds of relationships being degraded to 'crushes' or something of a romantic/sexual nature.
  • I'm starting to resent the fact that english only has one variant of 'love'. The greeks, imo, had the right idea having different words for different classifications of love. I actually really don't think many examples of 'homosexuality' is eros love, on that note; perhaps a mixture of agape and philia would be more accurate(I do not follow plato's notion that eros strengthens philia; I believe agape is much more fitting)
  • Lastly, let us not forget that one can be trained to find almost anything--weird as it may be--sexually stimulating so long as it gets us...off....you know. (Ex-inappropriate content addicts and kinksters, I'm looking at y'all)

That's pretty much it for now. I'd love to hear some comments and opinions on these points.
Research has found that homosexuality is very erotic and sexual. When some one says love is love I wonder if this is really about love as people can mistake lust for love. The arguments for homosexuality is often based on feelings, expressing good feelings in place of truth or fact to make an argument.

I have noticed that the gay and lesbian Mardi Gra has been promoted as a family affair in the last couple of years. It has distance itself from the sex industry that up until this year was a partner in the event. You would often see very sexually explicit images of half naked people dancing sexually. But now some want to hide this side of homosexuality and transgender and transsexualism due to marketing reasons. It has become a big industry now and they want to be family friendly.

It is not unusual to see Trans-sexuality and transgender being promoted with children as part of trying to integrate this into mainstream society. Drag Queen story time is one example but I have seen main stream TV shows where trans-sexual have exposed children to sexual content as part of trying to make it more acceptable and people (mum and dad) going along with it as though it is a good thing that is promoting inclusion.

At the same time we are seeing gender ideology being pushed into mainstream like with safe schools where gender affirming and same sex affirming messages are the go to and recommended treatment for any child who may be confused about their sexual or gender development. This is all part of the social engineering of society by a few to accept all this as normal behaviour.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Humanly speaking which we are permitted, marriage is considered a fact when we marry. This is not central to the OP's point though.,

Well biblically speaking, marriage occurs when a couple has intercourse. Gods thoughts trump ours every day!

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Research has found that homosexuality is very erotic and sexual.
Citation?

When some one says love is love I wonder if this is really about love as people can mistake lust for love. The arguments for homosexuality is often based on feelings, expressing good feelings in place of truth or fact to make an argument.
and what truth or fact is being replaced?

I have noticed that the gay and lesbian Mardi Gra has been promoted as a family affair in the last couple of years. It has distance itself from the sex industry that up until this year was a partner in the event.
citation?

You would often see very sexually explicit images of half naked people dancing sexually. But now some want to hide this side of homosexuality and transgender and transsexualism due to marketing reasons. It has become a big industry now and they want to be family friendly.
you get to see very sexually explicit images and half naked people dancing sexually at (straight?) mardis gras what does that say about heterosexuality?

It is not unusual to see Trans-sexuality and transgender being promoted with children as part of trying to integrate this into mainstream society. Drag Queen story time is one example but I have seen main stream TV shows where trans-sexual have exposed children to sexual content
citation?

At the same time we are seeing gender ideology being pushed into mainstream like with safe schools where gender affirming and same sex affirming messages are the go to and recommended treatment for any child who may be confused about their sexual or gender development. This is all part of the social engineering of society by a few to accept all this as normal behaviour.
citation?

Reactions: Beanieboy
Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Just read your 9 March thread - apologies for not doing before - I see you often write collaboratively so:

- how about you additionally write by yourself to exercise contrasting and complementary talents and tastes

- instead of only wanting to "make things happen" you can just set a scene and see what faintly droll (or hilarious) things happen by themselves

I always saw myself as exactly like Mr Sallis in Last Of The Summer Wine (apart from 'er indoors)

Many readers also enjoy descriptions of scenes, nature, gardens, interiors, streets, the air or look that people both anonymous and names, have (choosing single or brief words is fun) . . .

- audience is secondary. For now, write! Later, adapt slightly for milieux.

We knew my dad submitted the odd story. After he passed, we found a lot more, plus some nice memoirs!

I left off story writing in childhood. I come up with about one short poem a year. I jot down amazing phrases I invent. I had one story printed by a small local magazine when I was 14 and one poem by another small magazine when I was 50.

I've named some characters in my "novel" but haven't got the plot yet ;)

Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Citation?

and what truth or fact is being replaced?

citation?

you get to see very sexually explicit images and half naked people dancing sexually at (straight?) mardis gras what does that say about heterosexuality?

citation?

citation?

My take on this situation Pencil is that if you had framed the issues within their total realistic context you could make a comment on boundary-disrespecting hypersexualisation generally. That will inform readers more relevantly.

Upvote 0

Samaritan Woman

Sep 2, 2013
Midwest
✟66,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
there a long history of individuals trying to "train" gays and lesbians this way. everything from electrodes to induced vomiting to psychically destroying parts of people's brains. While lobotomy's are outlawed (at least for now) in this country the abuse goes on today as reparative or conversion therapy but in reality it's just emotional, spiritual and physical abuse. the thing is no one ended up being "trained" they just learned to lie to stop the abuse

You seem to equate archaic methods of "conversion therapy" with more effective means which is voluntary Christian counseling motivated by compassion and empathy. Believe it or not there are homosexuals who become believers and want internal change and do achieve this via proper help; just go on You Tube and you will find such testimonies and also presentations by properly trained Christian counselors who have this type of ministry. Remember that the gospel was created for homosexuals (1 Corinthians 6:9-11 and 1 Timothy 1:8-10) and thus Jesus' redemptive work can provide liberation for them.

• Agree
Reactions: Billy UK
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
... become believers and want internal change ...

Join with mature believers that are building up everybody else as well and God will let our habitus see to itself in its time. I emotionally matured when people told me to go back to my old hobbies, for example. They were praying about me in general and I got exposed to the whole range of Scripture.

"Change" was evidently used as a sort of code though not in my personal usage.

Don't forum members want to come here hearing something fresh about truth not just the same slogans?

We are human beings not human beings with "an issue". Even some Christians "without an issue" don't know the range of Scriptures sadly.

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You seem to equate archaic methods of "conversion therapy" with more effective means which is voluntary Christian counseling motivated by compassion and empathy. Believe it or not there are homosexuals who become believers and want internal change and do achieve this via proper help; just go on You Tube and you will find such testimonies and also presentations by properly trained Christian counselors who have this type of ministry. Remember that the gospel was created for homosexuals (1 Corinthians 6:9-11 and 1 Timothy 1:8-10) and thus Jesus' redemptive work can provide liberation for them.
behavioral suppression is not change, its abuse.

Upvote 0

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian
I find these conversations futile
1. To oppose what you are saying breaks the board rules of promoting(?) homosexuality.
2. Asking straight people to comment on why some people are gay, without looking at research, is like when Trump supporter make up stuff about why people don't like him, rather than actually asking people that oppose him. What is the point?
3. The part where "I don't have a problem with" is not only condescending, but makes it sound like you think gay people want or need your approval.
4. This is one more "stay celibate" thread while ignoring that single heterosexuals 18+ are generally sexually active, but focuses on other people, asking gay people to do what they don't (at least remain celibate until married.)

Upvote 0

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian
Yes - but the propagandists and those who are naively influenced by them say that it is. My friend's 9 year old is gay because he was told at school and also because Pete Buttirzerz says. Gays' inalienable right to tell the children this and implicate the latter in all the prurience before they are able to stand up to authority figures stems straight from their transubstantive ontology.
What are you blabbing on about???

When i was 9, in 3rd grade, it was pretty common for boys to say girls were stupid, had cooties, etc. No one was dating, talking about how they liked girls.

So you are telling me some teacher told a 9 year old he is gay?

Back that up or you are a liar

"The Equality Act is a bill passed by the United States House of Representatives on May 17, 2019[1] that would amend the Civil Rights Actto "prohibit discrimination on the basis of the sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or pregnancy, childbirth, or a related medical condition of an individual, as well as because of sex-based stereotypes."[2] The United States Senate received the bill for consideration on May 20, 2019.[3]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equality_Act_(United_States)#cite_note-3

Sooooooo, you support discrimination? Then you don't love your neighbor as yourself, and if you can't love your neighbor who you have seen, you can't love the Father whom you have not. Yup. Scriptural.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
When i was 9, in 3rd grade, it was pretty common for boys to say girls were stupid, had cooties, etc. No one was dating, talking about how they liked girls.

So you are telling me some teacher told a 9 year old he is gay?

It wasn't a teacher

I'm illustrating usage

Also I fully believe they said all the other usual things

Was only illustrating the range of usages.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Megaphone moralising like SW's doesn't impress me. I was being understated in my response to her.

Your behaviour is your pidgin as much and as little as you stay in touch with God through Scriptures on all subjects.

When you fellowship and pray, you do so as you, that's an entire person. God will look after you.

The actual word "change" has been used as a code which makes me wary. Getting older is what we do every day.

BTW about Pencil I think her stated age doesn't make enough sense?

Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I find these conversations futile
1. To oppose what you are saying breaks the board rules of promoting(?) homosexuality.
2. Asking straight people to comment on why some people are gay, without looking at research, is like when Trump supporter make up stuff about why people don't like him, rather than actually asking people that oppose him. What is the point?
3. The part where "I don't have a problem with" is not only condescending, but makes it sound like you think gay people want or need your approval.
4. This is one more "stay celibate" thread while ignoring that single heterosexuals 18+ are generally sexually active, but focuses on other people, asking gay people to do what they don't (at least remain celibate until married.)

I am trying to figure out Pencil. Her attitude is far too sexualised altogether. I did ask her if she's paid to write genre which she hasn't answered. She makes out she writes jointly with her BF then describes an ex.

What do we do now. Her type is here to elicit information as well as rile us up. She was hellishly patronising. It's as well not to describe ourselves even under our screen names.

Upvote 0

Samaritan Woman

Sep 2, 2013
Midwest
✟66,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Change" was evidently used as a sort of code though not in my personal usage.

Don't forum members want to come here hearing something fresh about truth not just the same slogans?

What I meant by expression of "internal change" was simply a way of quoting Paul's statements about being transformed by the renewing of the mind (Romans 12:2 and Ephesians 4:22-24). I don't see how that the concept of inner transformation is some type of generic slogan.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Samaritan Woman

Sep 2, 2013
Midwest
✟66,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

If a homosexual becomes a Christian and experiences conviction about his feelings and possible gay lifestyle, I don't see how he/she seeking appropriate counseling is "behavioral suppression" and abuse. I'm talking about voluntarily seeking help. As I stated in my original post there are examples of former gays who, after salvation, experienced spiritual transformation and became heterosexual and eventually married. Why shouldn't someone allow the Holy Spirit to change him/her in this way? It's quite biblical.

• Agree
Upvote 0