Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone, I thought I would share this in the hopes that this may help us all during the times ahead with Covid19 virus.

Firstly my current morning readings have been Matthew 6.
We are reminded of Gods provision for us and verses 25-34 are very pertinent to now with all the panic buying we are seeing.
Of course we must be sensible and plan up to a point, but we are not to be afraid as we have our Heavenly Father who promises to provide for us.

I used to think "what happens if we go through tribulation where we cannot buy or get food?"
Then I realised that my faith has to be that I believe truly what God has said.

If he provided for the Israelites escaping Egypt by super naturally providing manna, well then why wouldn't He do this for His people again if the situation arises?

Another thing is if there is no way for going to church?
I have been in this situation for a while.

It is a good thing to get alone with God in prayer in a way that you cannot do with a lot of people around you.
It is so much easier for us nowadays as we have much at our fingertips with technology.
There are multitudes of Bible Study and Sermons available free to listen to.
A start is the site "Sermon audio" and go from there.

For worship songs, the very best I have found is "Scripture Songs for Worship".
These are purely Scripture sung to God by Esther Maui.
They are utterly beautiful and any can sing as there is simply the words and piano.
I am very thankful to a lady on the forums that let me know of it.

If you have a partner or family to join with you be thankful, many do not.

We have been spoiled really and have had it easy, with everything on hand, we must remember that many persecuted Christians are in danger daily or in prison with not even a Bible, let alone a safe place to read it.

So use this time wisely, be thankful for all that we have been given abundantly, not that we deserve it, but because we have a wonderful Saviour who died for us and took our sins upon Himself.

God bless everyone and may we grow in grace and truth and ever closer to Him:heart:

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,805.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
We have been spoiled really and have had it easy, with everything on hand, we must remember that many persecuted Christians are in danger daily or in prison with not even a Bible, let alone a safe place to read it
Persecuted Christians in environments hostile to the gospel of Jesus Christ may be suffering more than usual at this trying time.We need to pray God's protection on them as well as ourselves.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
we must be sensible and plan up to a point, but we are not to be afraid as we have our Heavenly Father who promises to provide for us.

An interesting experiment. Compare how the early Christians cared for those sick who were not part of their family or social circle even though it cost the their lives with how you and your church are respnding to the threat of a virus?

Who woud you rather have as a neighbour?

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Wouldn't it be amazing that if Christians from around the world banded together in prayer, be that even online, to beat this thing back. That it mysteriously just kind of evaporates as warmer weather approaches. To see the roots of Christian nations show it's self, to worship together to a mighty God who really can do anything at all. When these trials come and we are promised they will, we are to look to God not clean out the shelves at the local stores and even online. I pray we are conservative in those actions and that it's more who don't know Him yet that behave that way. We have a sure promise in Christ, I'm just trusting and believing in Him and really trying hard to not go with the hype. We've seen it in the bible in many places where God stood with His people when faced with extreme odds, simply because one among them like an Isaiah looked to Him and believed and trusted, and in the morning 185,000 of the enemy lay dead, corpses.... He is mightier than anything we face.

In the name of Jesus we come to you in serious prayer, thanking you, praising you and giving you the glory. We pray for a calm spirit to overtake our nations, a spirit of truth, love, sense of mind. And we look to you Lord to bring this all on, to totally foul the enemy, to stomp on this virus, not just reduce it's spread but kill it in it's tracks. The fear around us we absolutely know does not come from you because you did not give us a spirit of fear but of power and love and sound mind. Amen

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello everyone, I thought I would share this in the hopes that this may help us all during the times ahead with Covid19 virus.

Firstly my current morning readings have been Matthew 6.
We are reminded of Gods provision for us and verses 25-34 are very pertinent to now with all the panic buying we are seeing.
Of course we must be sensible and plan up to a point, but we are not to be afraid as we have our Heavenly Father who promises to provide for us.

I used to think "what happens if we go through tribulation where we cannot buy or get food?"
Then I realised that my faith has to be that I believe truly what God has said.

If he provided for the Israelites escaping Egypt by super naturally providing manna, well then why wouldn't He do this for His people again if the situation arises?

Another thing is if there is no way for going to church?
I have been in this situation for a while.

It is a good thing to get alone with God in prayer in a way that you cannot do with a lot of people around you.
It is so much easier for us nowadays as we have much at our fingertips with technology.

They are utterly beautiful and any can sing as there is simply the words and piano.

If you have a partner or family to join with you be thankful, many do not.

We have been spoiled really and have had it easy, with everything on hand, we must remember that many persecuted Christians are in danger daily or in prison with not even a Bible, let alone a safe place to read it.

So use this time wisely, be thankful for all that we have been given abundantly, not that we deserve it, but because we have a wonderful Saviour who died for us and took our sins upon Himself.

God bless everyone and may we grow in grace and truth and ever closer to Him:heart:

Excellent thoughts! Especially why we should grow closer to Him.

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wouldn't it be amazing that if Christians from around the world banded together in prayer, be that even online, to beat this thing back. That it mysteriously just kind of evaporates as warmer weather approaches. To see the roots of Christian nations show it's self, to worship together to a mighty God who really can do anything at all. When these trials come and we are promised they will, we are to look to God not clean out the shelves at the local stores and even online. I pray we are conservative in those actions and that it's more who don't know Him yet that behave that way. We have a sure promise in Christ, I'm just trusting and believing in Him and really trying hard to not go with the hype. We've seen it in the bible in many places where God stood with His people when faced with extreme odds, simply because one among them like an Isaiah looked to Him and believed and trusted, and in the morning 185,000 of the enemy lay dead, corpses.... He is mightier than anything we face.

In the name of Jesus we come to you in serious prayer, thanking you, praising you and giving you the glory. We pray for a calm spirit to overtake our nations, a spirit of truth, love, sense of mind. And we look to you Lord to bring this all on, to totally foul the enemy, to stomp on this virus, not just reduce it's spread but kill it in it's tracks. The fear around us we absolutely know does not come from you because you did not give us a spirit of fear but of power and love and sound mind. Amen

Dave, Amen,Amen.

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Two good things about it: children are the least affected and it seems to be bringing people together (not literally but in attitude) around the world.

My sadness, as always, is that so many don't know Christ. I just hope this makes people think about life and death more, and wonder about life afterwards. There is a much worse thing than coronavirus and that is dying without knowing Jesus as your Saviour. It's not so much when you die, but where you'll go afterwards which is important. All of us can spend a wonderful eternity with the Lord (and others who have trusted in Jesus for salvation) if we repent and accept that Jesus has died for our sins. The Bible says "..for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood." (Romans 3 v 23-25a). It's a personal decision though.

If you are reading this and haven't realised that God loves you so much as to send His Son to die for you, then know now that it is the truth. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3 v 16). Put your trust in Jesus, ask God to forgive you everything which you have done wrong, give your life to Him, find out more about Him and enjoy the life He wants you to have here on Earth and a much better one for the whole of eternity. He is waiting - with open arms.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced

I agree that there is so much on the internet. We don't have to be with others to worship - it's in our hearts and we are spiritually bonded to other Christians whether or not we are in the same place. I am so thankful that if this virus had to happen it has done so when we have this sort of technology. I hope churches make use of the social distancing measures that our governments are putting into place to put more things on the web. If social gatherings are banned that includes clubs, pubs and bars so people will be looking more to the internet for social contact and entertainment. There is a opportunity there for Christians to provide both fun stuff, to replace people's normal leisure activities, as well as more spiritual things. I believe God can use this time for good. :)

Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0