Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
The site feels like it's changed quite a lot in such a short space of time.

I've never seen anything quite like it, but I have been on many forums over the last decade, and feel like I might share a few thoughts that may help defuse the tensions here:

1) It's probably best to avoid posts that mention, even in a vague manor, your grievances with other posters(singular, or a group).
All this does is trigger more flaming and arguing(of the pointless, done to death, variety).
Additionally the posters you stir-up will then be more likely to complain about you in another post, and thus the cycle continues.

2) If you find yourself sensitive to certain topics and tend to take things personally in relation to it, consider posting your view on the topic; then make as few posts after that as necessary.
This is a forum site for recreational use; if you find yourself getting really stressed/angry when responding to someone or something, it might be worth evaluating if it's even worth responding.

Feel free to completely ignore this post if you don't agree(they are just suggestions).
Heck, I'm not even much good at following the above, but I thought it could possibly be useful to some people; so why not share it? Could be helpful.

Regardless,
Have a good day.:wave:

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The site feels like it's changed quite a lot in such a short space of time.

I've never seen anything quite like it, but I have been on many forums over the last decade, and feel like I might share a few thoughts that may help defuse the tensions here:

1) It's probably best to avoid posts that mention, even in a vague manor, your grievances with other posters(singular, or a group).
All this does is trigger more flaming and arguing(of the pointless, done to death, variety).
Additionally the posters you stir-up will then be more likely to complain about you in another post, and thus the cycle continues.

2) If you find yourself sensitive to certain topics and tend to take things personally in relation to it, consider posting your view on the topic; then make as few posts after that as necessary.
This is a forum site for recreational use; if you find yourself getting really stressed/angry when responding to someone or something, it might be worth evaluating if it's even worth responding.

Feel free to completely ignore this post if you don't agree(they are just suggestions).
Heck, I'm not even much good at following the above, but I thought it could possibly be useful to some people; so why not share it? Could be helpful.

Regardless,
Have a good day.:wave:
We seem to have a few new people coming in that are not exactly friendly or even like this forum yet they return. It is odd.

Upvote 0

Sumwear

Jul 23, 2012
✟4,400.00
Faith
Christian Seeker

Not with regards to your post but it seems people don't like to ignore things and would rather go into a topic with guns blazing, and by that I mean belittling and quasi-baiting people into arguments.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not with regards to your post but it seems people don't like to ignore things and would rather go into a topic with guns blazing, and by that I mean belittling and quasi-baiting people into arguments.
So true. Some are just here to troll.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've lost count to how many times people thought a topic wasn't worthy of a discussion. Unless the information is misleading, such posters should get an infraction. Again, mods:

Step-Your-Game-Up-Whistling-While-We-Work.jpg
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
ADMIN HAT ON

I've cleaned this up. If you have comments, complaints or suggestions about CF, its policies or staff, you may direct them to the Member Services Center.

ADMIN HAT OFF

Upvote 0