✟952,787.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
In the grave.

Notice that when Mary first meets him in John 20 Jesus refuses her worship and says "do not touch Me FOR I have not yet ascended to the Father".

but later that same day He is worshiped - they do touch him, he is held.

He had been to the Father later that same day.
But he was not yet in an entirely normal form, compared to other people, etc, but was a human being, that they could touch, and that could eat and drink, etc, but, anyway, was He in a different place from us while He was in that form, and before he ascended...?

And are there others there also...? And is it kind of in-between Heaven and here I guess you could say maybe, or maybe three realms maybe, etc...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,787.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
But he was not yet in an entirely normal form, compared to other people, etc, but was a human being, that they could touch, and that could eat and drink, etc, but, anyway, was He in a different place from us while He was in that form, and before he ascended...?

And are there others there also...? And is it kind of in-between Heaven and here I guess you could say maybe, or maybe three realms maybe, etc...?

God Bless!
At the mountain of transfiguration, where was Moses and Elijah...?

Did they go with Jesus when He ascended...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

KingdomLeast

Aug 6, 2018
INDIANAPOLIS
✟30,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Charles Taze Russell as recall was a frequent follower of William Miller.
Not quite, William Miller died in 1849, Charles Taze Russell was born in 1852. He was influenced by George Storrs, George Stetson and Nelson Barbour, who were all followers of Miller.

Like SDA, JW believe the soul is not immortal and the wicked will cease and will be annihilated and the righteous will 'sleep' until the resurrection.
This is true, both groups believe in what is called "Soul Sleep"

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

God Bless!
Jesus presents heaven as "a place" in John 14:1-3 and says that we on this Earth - are most certainly NOT in that "place" until He comes to rapture the saints to heaven.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

God Bless!
Jesus presents heaven as "a place" in John 14:1-3 and says that we on this Earth - are most certainly NOT in that "place" until He comes to rapture the saints to heaven.

Upvote 0

sparow

Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟482,162.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
At the mountain of transfiguration, where was Moses and Elijah...?

Did they go with Jesus when He ascended...?

God Bless!

I believe the “Word of God changed form when He became Jesus, and changed form a second time when He was raised up. As Jesus, a different form but in the image of His father; His form now is humanoid but not humane, and not the form He was when He created the world. I do not see anything wrong with speculating about the unknown so long as it does not lead to creating doctrine.

Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The pagan believe when person dies, they sleep in the ground. Sadly, some churches teach the rapture, its false doctrine. Ecclesiastes 12:6. Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl broken or the pitcher be broken at the foundation or the wheel broken at the cistern. 12:7. Then shall the dust return to earth as it was, and the spirit shall return unto God Who gave it. Once person dies in the flesh. Their soul goes back to God. No one is laying in the grave. All souls are with God in heaven.

Upvote 0

sparow

Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟482,162.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The pagan believe when person dies, they sleep in the ground. Sadly, some churches teach the rapture, its false doctrine. Ecclesiastes 12:6. Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl broken or the pitcher be broken at the foundation or the wheel broken at the cistern. 12:7. Then shall the dust return to earth as it was, and the spirit shall return unto God Who gave it. Once person dies in the flesh. Their soul goes back to God. No one is laying in the grave. All souls are with God in heaven.
The word soul is an old English word that means spirit; but in scripture, for some strange reason, soul is used to represent the physical part of man, which can be either dead or alive; if it has breath, it is alive, no breath it is a dead soul. When a soul dies the breath, which came from God, returns to God.

Jesus used sleep for death as a metaphor, meaning the person will awaken when resurrection occurs.

Upvote 0