✟167,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Impute Theology: Google
ascribe (righteousness, guilt, etc.) to someone by virtue of a similar quality in another.
"Christ's righteousness has been imputed to us"

It's Christ's righteousness (Jer 23:6 & 33:16) imputed/transferred (Rom 4:3-8) onto us & our sins are imputed/transferred onto Christ.

While the Temple was operating the High Priest had authority to Impute/transfer sin (Lev 16:21).

Christ is our Great High Priest (Heb 4:14). Can not only Impute a believers sins onto Himself. Christ can Impute His righteousness onto the believer as well. Whereby we become the righteousness of God in Christ.

Now that Christ has imputed/taken/suffered our due judgment upon Himself. 100% of the believers sins Past-Present-Future = Removed/Forgiven/Pardoned & HIS Perfect Righteousness is imputed on us. Not because of any great works/deeds that we have done. By His Wonderful Grace, & thru Faith Alone, placed in His Great Work & ability to NEVER break covenant.

Sin no longer controls our eternal destiny. Because we are NOT under the laws curses, we are under our Great God & Saviors GRACE!

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
(MY NOTE: Yee are not under the law, but under grace.)

Rom 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
(MY NOTE: No law - no sin judgment imposed)

Rom 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
(MY NOTE: Now that you have Christ's Spirit in you & His Righteous on you. You're delivered from sins old covenant due judgments.

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
(MY NOTE: To coin a phrase: Free at last, Free at last Praise/thank our Lord Jesus we are Free at last)

Gal 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
(NOTE: Christ became a curse PAID every curse assessed in (Deut 28) Whereby Redeeming us from them)

Beyond receiving Christ as Lord & Savior by Faith in His sin atoning death & resurrection.

Here's what our focus should be: Love & forgiveness.

AMP Bible
Colossians 3:
12 So, as God’s own chosen people, who are holy [set apart, sanctified for His purpose] and well-beloved [by God Himself], put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience [which has the power to endure whatever injustice or unpleasantness comes, with good temper];

13 bearing graciously with one another, and willingly forgiving each other if one has a cause for complaint against another; just as the Lord has forgiven you, so should you forgive.

14 Beyond all these things put on and wrap yourselves in [unselfish] love, which is the perfect bond of unity [for everything is bound together in agreement when each one seeks the best for others].

Rom 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Rom 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Gal 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
(NOTE: Christ's LAW Love!)

Finally although not salvation requirements. Christ invoked to ordinances: Baptism & Communion. Every believer should be lead to partake in both.

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Impute Theology: Google
ascribe (righteousness, guilt, etc.) to someone by virtue of a similar quality in another.
"Christ's righteousness has been imputed to us"

It's Christ's righteousness (Jer 23:6 & 33:16) imputed/transferred (Rom 4:3-8) onto us & our sins are imputed/transferred onto Christ.

While the Temple was operating the High Priest had authority to Impute/transfer sin (Lev 16:21).

Christ is our Great High Priest (Heb 4:14). Can not only Impute a believers sins onto Himself. Christ can Impute His righteousness onto the believer as well. Whereby we become the righteousness of God in Christ.

Christ expressed through righteousness of God through walking in obedience to the Mosaic Law, so becoming obedient to the Mosaic Law is what it means for us to become the righteousness of God in Christ, especially because those who are in Christ are obligated to walk in the same way he walked (1 John 2:6), so the fact that Christ took our penalty for transgressing the Mosaic Law does not remove our obligation to obey it. In Psalms 119:29, David wanted God to be gracious to him by teaching him to obey the Mosaic Law, and David said repeatedly throughout that Psalms that he delighted in obeying it, so having the delight of getting to obey it through faith is a precious gift and no one has done anything to earn God giving it.

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Paul described the law that we are not under as being a law where sin how dominion over us, which does not describe the Mosaic Law, which is a law where holiness, righteousness, and goodness have dominion over us (Romans 7:12), but rather it is the law of sin where sin had dominion over us.

Rom 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

The law has been given and you have access to it.

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
(MY NOTE: To coin a phrase: Free at last, Free at last Praise/thank our Lord Jesus we are Free at last)

In Romans 7:25-8:2, Paul equated the Mosaic Law with the Law of the Spirit by contrasting them both with the law of sin.

Gal 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
(NOTE: Christ became a curse PAID every curse assessed in (Deut 28) Whereby Redeeming us from them)

Being set free from the curse of living in disobedience to the Mosaic Law is being set free to enjoy the blessing of getting to live in obedience to it.

Beyond receiving Christ as Lord & Savior by Faith in His sin atoning death & resurrection.

Here's what our focus should be: Love & forgiveness.

AMP Bible
Colossians 3:
12 So, as God’s own chosen people, who are holy [set apart, sanctified for His purpose] and well-beloved [by God Himself], put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience [which has the power to endure whatever injustice or unpleasantness comes, with good temper];

13 bearing graciously with one another, and willingly forgiving each other if one has a cause for complaint against another; just as the Lord has forgiven you, so should you forgive.

14 Beyond all these things put on and wrap yourselves in [unselfish] love, which is the perfect bond of unity [for everything is bound together in agreement when each one seeks the best for others].

Rom 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Rom 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

(NOTE: Christ's LAW Love!)

Finally although not salvation requirements. Christ invoked to ordinances: Baptism & Communion. Every believer should be lead to partake in both.

Love fulfills the Mosaic Law because every law in it is an example of what it means to love God and our neighbor, so it is contradictory for someone to want to obey God's command to love while wanting nothing to do with following God's commands for how He wants us to love.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Christ expressed through
righteousness of God through walking in obedience to the Mosaic Law, so

becoming obedient to the Mosaic Law is what it means for us to become the righteousness of God in Christ,
To become the righteousness of God in Christ is to have Christ's righteousness imputed to us through faith, not righteousness by law keeping.

How many times does it have to be pointed out to you that this is a false gospel, and all your cobbling together of law keeping with faith for righteousness can't change that.
A righteousness from God apart from law-->Romans 3:21.

Justified by faith apart from law-->Romans 3:28.

Anathema!

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
To become the righteousness of God in Christ is to have Christ's righteousness imputed to us through faith, not righteousness by law keeping.

How many times does it have to be pointed out to you that this is a false gospel, and all the cobbling together of law keeping with faith for righteousness can't change that.
A righteousness from God apart from law-->Romans 3:21.

Justified by faith apart from law-->Romans 3:28.

Anathema!

I have never once claimed that we can earn our righteousness by keeping the law, and in fact trying to do that has always been a fundamental misunderstanding of why we should keep it. Luther taught that we are justified by faith alone, which is true insofar as there are no works that we can do to earn our justification, however, he also said that faith is never alone, which is true insofar as the same faith by which we are justified is also expressed as obedience to God's law. This is essentially what Paul was saying in Romans 3, where we are justified by faith apart from works of the law, however, he did not want us to conclude in verse 31 that our faith therefore abolishes our need to obey God's law, but rather the same faith by which we are justified also upholds God's law by leading us to obey it. In Matthew 23:23, Jesus said that faith is one of the weightier matters of the law, so only those who have faith will obey it and will be justified by the same faith, which is why Paul could say in Romans 2:13 that only doers of the law will be justified while also denying in Romans 4:4-5 that our justification is something that can be earned as a wage.

I've show you verses that show what the true Gospel is, so you can keep calling it false as you like, but that won't change the truth.

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Love fulfills the Mosaic Law

1st: You may want to read Deut chapter 28. No place does it invoke Love, only adherence.

2ndly & most importantly nobody alive today is under Mosaic law. Its been retired/replaced & is obsolete (Heb 7:22, 8:13, 9:15, Matt 27:51)

Now that Christ has imputed/taken/suffered our due judgment upon Himself. 100% of the believers sins Past-Present-Future = Removed/Forgiven/Pardoned & HIS Perfect Righteousness is imputed on us. Not because of any great works/deeds that we have done. By His Wonderful Grace, & thru Faith Alone, placed in His Great Work & ability to NEVER break covenant.

Sin no longer controls our eternal destiny. Because we are NOT under the laws curses, we are under our Great God & Saviors GRACE!

Rom 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
(MY NOTE: Now that you have Christ's Spirit in you & His Righteous on you. You're delivered from sins old covenant due judgments.

Under the New Better Christ centered covenant the Royal Law is our guide.

Ja 2:
8 If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,”[a] you are doing right.
(MY NOTE: Royal Law = Love your neighbor as yourself)

9 But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers.

10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

11 For he who said, “You shall not commit adultery,” also said, “You shall not murder.” If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.

12 Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom,
(MY NOTE: Living by the Royal Law = Loving your neighbor as yourself, gives freedom)

13 because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment.
(MY NOTE: Living by the Royal Law = Loving your neighbor as yourself, demands showing mercy)

Gal 6:2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.
(MY NOTE Loving one another = fulfills the law of Christ.)

Col

(NOTE: Law of Christ = Love!)

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
1st: You may want to read Deut chapter 28. No place does it invoke Love, only adherence.

In Deuteronomy 28, it does not speak about content of what God's law instructs, but offers additional blessings for obedience and curses for disobedience. However, there are many verses throughout both the OT and the NT that associate love with obedience to God's commandments, such as Exodus 20:6, Deuteronomy 7:9, Deuteronomy 11:5, Joshua 22:5, Nehemiah 1:5, John 14:15, John 14:21, John 15:10, 1 John 5:2-3, and 2 John 1:6. Every commandment an example of what it means to love God or our neighbor, such as the command to help the poor being part of what it means to obey the command to love our neighbor. If we love God and our neighbor, when we won't commit idolatry, adultery, theft, murder, break the Sabbath, as so forth for all of the other laws that God has given, so love fulfills the law because that is what it is essentially about how to do. Whenever do what is righteous through our obedience to God's law, we are testifying that we believe that God is righteous, or in other words, we are believing in Him , we are expressing our love for who God is, and we are growing in a relationship with him through gaining experiential knowledge of who He is.

2ndly & most importantly nobody alive today is under Mosaic law. Its been retired/replaced & is obsolete (Heb 7:22, 8:13, 9:15, Matt 27:51)

Again, the New Covenant still involves following God's law (Hebrews 8:10), so the fact that the Mosaic Covenant has become obsolete, does not mean that we should no longer obey His law.

No longer being under the curse of living in disobedience to God's law is being set free to enjoy the blessing of living in obedience to it.

That verse describes the law we are not under as being a law where sin had dominion over us, which does not describe God's law, which is a law where holiness, righteousness, and goodness have dominion over us (Romans 7:12), but rather it is the law of sin where sin had dominion over us.

If you own a copy of the Bible, then you have the law. Ignoring it doesn't make it go away.

Romans 7:6 speaks about being freed from a law that held us captive, and in Romans 7:23, the law that held us captive is the law of sin, not God's law. In Romans 7:22, Paul delighted in obeying God's law, so you should not interpret him as speaking against obeying it.

In Romans 7:25-8:2, Paul equated God's law with the law of the Spirit by contrasting them with the law of sin. In Psalms 119:142, God's law is truth and in John 8:31-36, it is sin in transgression of God's law that puts us in bondage while it is the truth that set us free, but you have reject the truth for bondage.

Being set free from the curse of liviging in disobedience to God's law is being set free to enjoy its blessing.

Under the New Better Christ centered covenant the Royal Law is our guide.

Ja 2:
8 If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,”[a] you are doing right.
(MY NOTE: Royal Law = Love your neighbor as yourself)

9 But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers.

10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

11 For he who said, “You shall not commit adultery,” also said, “You shall not murder.” If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.

12 Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom,
(MY NOTE: Living by the Royal Law = Loving your neighbor as yourself, gives freedom)

13 because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment.
(MY NOTE: Living by the Royal Law = Loving your neighbor as yourself, demands showing mercy)

All of God's laws are examples of what it means to love God and our neighbor, so the Royal Law is the Royal Law because it is inclusive of all of the other laws.

Gal 6:2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.
(MY NOTE Loving one another = fulfills the law of Christ.)

Christ taught obedience to God's law by word and by example, so that is the Law of Christ.

Love fulfills the law because that is what is essentially about how to do. If someone's obedience to the command to love does not involve obedience to God's other laws, then they are not treating it as being the fulfillment of the other laws.

Upvote 0