London, UK
Visit site
✟9,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey. :wave:

What are Muslim beliefs on the End of the World? What're the differences between Sunni and Shiite end-times beliefs? What role do Christians and Jews play in the end-times? What is the Mahdi supposed to do with/about/to Christians and Jews?

(The previous questions were brought to you in part by this entry at www.getreligion.org and the news stories it links to.)

Thanks.

Abbadon

Self Bias Resistor - goin' commando in a cassock!
Jan 26, 2005
Bible belt, unfortunatly
✟22,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
From my understanding, it's somewhat similar to ours (unless you buy stuff from televangeli$t$, because with them, they'll get real specific about how the end was now, whether that "now" was 30 years ago, today, or 50 years from now.)

The Anti-Christ is called Al-Dajjal, and about the only main differences I can remember are:

A fellow called the Mahdi comes along with Jesus.

Jesus kills the Anti-Christ.

Gog and Magog are called Jug and Majug.

Oh, and Muslims (and in some versions, Christians and/or Jews as well, or they convert) come out on top.

At the end of time, many people get out of hell in some versions (usually Jews and Christians that behave well before non-Abrahamics and people that don't behave well).

No rapture theory whatsoever.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Gog and Magog are called Jug and Majug.
:eek: That will be one heck of a battle!!!

Hope my Cable and TV still work at that time. I wonder which "mountains" he falls? :wave:

Ezekiel 39:1 And thou, son of man, prophesy concerning Gog, and thou hast said: Thus said the Lord Jehovah: Lo, I [am] against thee, O Gog, Prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal, 4 On mountains of Israel thou fallest, Thou, and all thy bands, and the peoples who [are] with thee,
Reve 20:8 and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the Land, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number [is] as the sand of the sea.

Upvote 0