Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So, lately, I've been interested in Methodism and related denominations such as Wesleyans and Nazarenes, and I have some questions about Methodists in particular.

1. I don't quite understand the Methodist view on the ordinances. I get that they are "means of grace", but what does that mean, exactly? Does baptism save you like what Lutherans or Anglicans teach, or is it an act or obedience?

As for the Lord's Supper, apparently Methodists affirm the Real Presence. How exactly do Methodists view it? Is it like the Lutheran view, or more like what Presbyeterians/Reformed believe (a spiritual presence)?

Reactions: Rescued One

jas3

Jan 21, 2023
Southeast
✟22,513.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As for the Lord's Supper, apparently Methodists affirm the Real Presence. How exactly do Methodists view it?
Officially, it's not elaborated on further than being "real, true, living," etc. and explicitly not transubstantiation. You can read more about it in the publication "This Holy Mystery." In practice, most Methodists have never heard of the Real Presence and are memorialists (i.e. deny the Real Presence).

• Agree
Reactions: actionsub
Upvote 0