Some Progressives are refusing to circumcise their children and they are leaving them genderless...

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
American pediatric assoc actually says it believes it is healthier but falls short of recommending it. Yes we pay for it because it is a surgical procedure. And I belIeve most American men are. I know most of the baby boys are in my hospital unless they have to delay it for a medical reason. Most are done by the OB doctors that delivered them

• Agree
Reactions: Joshua_5
Upvote 0

TerryWoodenpic

Nov 23, 2017
Oldham
✟39,925.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
It is far from routine in the UK..... I am not even sure How you would get it done for religious or cultural reasons. Perhaps a private hospital?

From Circumcision in boys
Why circumcision is carried out in boys
Circumcision in boys may be carried out for:
  • medical reasons – for example, as a treatment of last resort for conditions such as a tight foreskin (phimosis) and recurrent infection of the foreskin and head of the penis (balanitis)
  • religious or cultural reasons – it's a common practice in Jewish and Islamic communities, and it's also practised by many African communities; most cultural circumcisions are carried out in young boys

Upvote 0

Joshua_5

Sep 22, 2016
New Zealand
✟31,422.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
American pediatric assoc actually says it believes it is healthier but falls short of recommending it. Yes we pay for it because it is a surgical procedure. And I belIeve most American men are. I know most of the baby boys are in my hospital unless they have to delay it for a medical reason. Most are done by the OB doctors that delivered them
I know the organisation doesn't recommend routine circumcision of males, but don't they and a number of other organisations including the CDC, recommend that parents of males (and even uncircumcised adult men in the case of CDC) be given counselling on the health benefits of circumcision?

To me, this is a way of saying they know circumcision is healthier, but there may be reasons not to circumcise, or at least postpone circumcision, on some occasions (e.g. haemophiliacs).

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
American pediatric assoc actually says it believes it is healthier but falls short of recommending it.

They say that it provides some reduction in HIV/AIDS/STD risk in adult life, but that there are also risks.

Their view seems to be that the benefits justify the procedure (if you have other reasons for doing it) but are not great enough to actually recommend it (so they don't).

don't they and a number of other organisations including the CDC, recommend that parents of males (and even uncircumcised adult men in the case of CDC) be given counselling on the health benefits of circumcision?

And counselling on the risks of circumcision. Infection is a common side-effect, and in very rare cases this can lead to sepsis and death. Serious damage to, or loss of, the penis is also very rare, but possible.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Joshua_5
Upvote 0