Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The "Face the Board" is the creepiest of all
That folder has been almost silent for a year. There are 2 or 3 who get asked questions. My thread has seen nothing since 2016.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The suspense (more like curiosity) is kinda killing me right now... ^_^
I used to be on a forum (faithcommunitynetwork) that was larger than this one (member wise) but is now exclusively on FB. (I did not follow)

Men and women could see each others' threads and posts in the private sections but could not post there. The forum software they used showed a list at the top of the page of the folder or the thread of who was lurking there. I frequently saw half a dozen women reading the posts there on male issues like PE, ED and the Big M. (masturbation)
The single ladies seemed to especially like the masturbation threads. (I get why)

I would occasionally post a "Hi Gals!" :wave: and call them out by name. They quickly disappeared for a while. But they always kept coming back.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I used to be on a forum that was larger than this one (member wise) but is now exclusively on FB. (I did not follow)

Men and women could see each others' threads and posts in the private sections but could not post there.

CF used to be this way also, several incarnations ago.

• Informative
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What do you base this on?
She's a woman, and apparently not creeped out by what is posted in the women's folders.

I do have to admit some of the stuff there (men's folders) can be pretty far out there.

• Agree
Reactions: Kindled
Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,236.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I was never part of the faithcommunitynetwork but it occurs to me that some of those women might have been lurking in the threads not for voyeuristic purposes, but for information pertinent to their significant others. On the old CF software, it was fairly common in both the women's and men's forums to see opposite gender lurkers.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
t it occurs to me that some of those women might have been lurking in the threads not for voyeuristic purposes, but for information pertinent to their significant others.
Hey - I was ok with it either way.

And I am all for information gathering. :)

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟874,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
lol - because this is the forum I frequent most often and where I write my random thoughts.

Just so folks don't associate your comment with the men's only married section forum, the last post there was in April of last year, and the last post in the thread below that was in August of 2016!

The 20th thread, still on the front page, was from 2014.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟874,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the Men’s only areas of this site are almost creepy.

I suppose I will use my "male privilege" to go find some new reading material!

EDIT:
...or maybe not. Creepy isn't my genre. And I agree....some of it is creepy. There are a number of helpful topics as well. So emphasis on the "some".

Last edited:
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟194,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Live capture of the women’s forums... *crickets*

No disrespect to the ladies, believe it or not I’m not actually complaining. But 90% of what’s in the women’s forum is there I suspect because young women (unmarried generally it seems, or married 20 minutes prior to posting) have questions of a marital type they don’t want men to see and/or regular posters want the female-only perspective on an issue that’s really benign without being “rude” by telling men to not post. I can’t remember the last time somebody posted something in there more shocking than what the storyline of a “Golden Girls” episode would be. Almost nothing in ther isn’t what would be said in front of male posters or contains info one would be embarrassed over. It’s all just women who simply looking for ladies only input.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the Men’s only areas of this site are almost creepy.
For me it's the singles stuff. I've started playing a game: If a new thread is about something silly, somewhat narcissistic or childish, I check to see if it's in the singles forum. So far I'm batting 1,000. :)

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
lol - well I happened in there out of boredom the other day.

First post I clicked - the guy opens with "I'm circumsized" - before anyone even asks him a question. I commented about that - and how bizarre that strikes me (that it would be his opening line of introduction).. And his response was "Everyone asks that"

Then I recalled a few years ago I threw my hat into that ring as well...and yeah. That's one of the first questions I was asked. Then some weird guy started sending me private messages on here asking about other personal things like that. Blocked him.

When the guy the other day said "Yeah, it's a common question" it reminded me of my experience in there.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I do recall there being a discussion a while back (years ago) about conjecture as to what "the women talk about" and it was thought that our topics are steamy sexual discussions and griping about men. Neither seems to be true. Tropical Wilds summed up the women's only area well.

Upvote 0