Some interesting information about the flu.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
How long do cold and flu viruses stay contagious on public surfaces?

This seems to contradict the notion that wearing masks and gloves in crowded situations such as schools will have little effect on the spread of colds and flu. While many countries routinely wear masks it is generally not allowed in American schools. Curious that.
Why curious? A lot of things are curious. Like in Europe Clinics using vitamin c, they are not worried about such things. Same in Israel according to one 'minister' living there (he used colloidal silver very effective for years, continuing) ...
So, look into those who experience salvation from such troubles, continued and tested long ago and verified countless times.....

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why curious? A lot of things are curious. Like in Europe Clinics using vitamin c, they are not worried about such things. Same in Israel according to one 'minister' living there (he used colloidal silver very effective for years, continuing) ...
So, look into those who experience salvation from such troubles, continued and tested long ago and verified countless times.....

Really? I don't see much difference between Europe and America in this regard.

After a slow start, flu season hits Europe - VaccinesToday

Nothing in this article about vitamin C.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
How long do cold and flu viruses stay contagious on public surfaces?

This seems to contradict the notion that wearing masks and gloves in crowded situations such as schools will have little effect on the spread of colds and flu. While many countries routinely wear masks it is generally not allowed in American schools. Curious that.
"How long do cold and flu viruses stay contagious on public surfaces?
Science Dec 17, 2018 1:00 PM EST"

hmmm..... it looks like a basic underlying principle is assumed to be true that they would be contagious ever.

Realize that the mrsa virus chickenpox virus, etc, are all known and published
to BE within each person already (at least in some, many or most, if not all),
and
usually cause no harm ......

i.e. the person's immune system or other defenses or other factors make the
always present virus a non-concern.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"How long do cold and flu viruses stay contagious on public surfaces?
Science Dec 17, 2018 1:00 PM EST"

hmmm..... it looks like a basic underlying principle is assumed to be true that they would be contagious ever.

Realize that the mrsa virus chickenpox virus, etc, are all known and published
to BE within each person already (at least in some, many or most, if not all),
and
usually cause no harm ......

i.e. the person's immune system or other defenses or other factors make the
always present virus a non-concern.
thats actually not true .some endoviruses ( inactivated viral DNA that’s stuck in your DNA) like chicken pox can reactivate and cause shingles . Endoviral reactivation is also the reason that they rarely do xenotransplants ( organ transplants from other animals) . EndoViruses from other species can reactivate in humans .

The measles virus can wipe out your immunity memory and you can become vulnerable to viruses you’ve already fought off successfully and had been immune to . Get the measles vaccine if you’ve never had measles because you DONT want that to happen. Every cold or flu virus that you used to be immune to,you can catch again if you survive measles . measles also damages the nervous system even without the immune system problems.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: pitabread
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
thats actually not true .some endoviruses ( inactivated viral DNA that’s stuck in your DNA) like chicken pox can reactivate and cause shingles .
So ? This does not at all matter nor contradict anything I posted, nor what really matters for a healthy person .

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So ? I did not say there was.

Those who want to know about something search for it, or they might never know, right ?

My point is that if Vitamin C were widely used in the treatment of the flu it would certainly be mentioned in such an article, especially if were as efficacious as you suggest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Oh I fully agree, as one who has personally found the solutions to the most pressing problems that have plagued mankind.

Money problems: Work longer, harder, and smarter.
Health problems: Learn about and take care of your health.
Personal relations: Limit them to close friends, associates, and family.
Environmental problems: Don't use more than you need. Don't waste or pollute.
Crime problems: Don't commit crimes.
Mental problems: Ask God for a sound mind (He will send his Spirit).
Marital problems: Be a Godly spouse (read the bible for details).
Parental problems: Rule over your children (read bible for details).
Problems understanding things: Read your bible.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Honestly , that looks like "self-help" .... relying on self.

I don't think that ever works, and Jesus always said "rely on the Father, trust Him" in everything (in work, in the home, in school, everything in life - develop GOD DEPENDENCE instead of self-dependence, per se) ....

====================================
QUOTE="OldWiseGuy, post: 74678605, member: 139156"]Oh I fully agree, as one who has personally found the solutions to the most pressing problems that have plagued mankind.

Problems understanding things: Read your bible.[/QUOTE
===================================

The last one, in particular: where ever does Yahweh Sovereign Creator Say that anyone can understand anything themselves better if they read the Bible ?

Oh reading the Bible is obviously required to be a Berean - testing everything before believing it to be sure and verify that it is in line with all Scripture, as God Permits...

But it is also written that the natural man cannot understand anything true (spiritual).

Only when the Father in heaven grants it from heaven can anyone grasp the Truth, as written.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So ? This does not at all matter nor contradict anything I posted, nor what really matters for a healthy person .
if you have an endovirus you might not even realize it . Until it reactivates and makes you sick - getting shingles at age 50 from chicken pox you caught at age 5.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
if you have an endovirus you might not even realize it . Until it reactivates and makes you sick - getting shingles at age 50 from chicken pox you caught at age 5.
Right, that is true, often happens, yet
that changes nothing I posted, nor anything a healthy person needs to be concerned about, unless they start to do things unhealthy, and their immune system or other defenses become compromised so as to allow a problem to spring up.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
My point is that if Vitamin C were widely used in the treatment of the flu it would certainly be mentioned in such an article, especially if were as efficacious as you suggest.
Actually no. (sorry, misread your post at first glance: I did not say that vitamin c is widely used in the treatment of anything (except scurvy, btw, which is a common plague today but diagnosed as other things instead) ...

The use of Vitamins is widely and has widely been discouraged by the profit makers. It was made illegal, by federal law, around 1950's.

Look into why the so-called professionals have opposed all the things that are needed to obliterate viruses and such , historically. (because of profit) (love of money and all that.... )
I don't only suggest it. Look into the actually history of such things. It is amazing almost beyond belief.
While looking for vitamin c Europe clinics viruses,
some articles about the president who was troubled by polio came up.
It is a total shock for most people to read the truth ..... since it is so rare...

• Agree
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Only when the Father in heaven grants it from heaven can anyone grasp the Truth, as written.

I thought I was making that point as well.

I have read literally reams of information concerning health, but every now and then something buried deep in those tomes jumps off the page. This is the Spirit at work. If you put in sincere effort God will reward you with true knowledge. Satan can't destroy the truth, but can bury it in a lake of lies and confusion. Sadly we often have to endure many lies before the truth is realized.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MissRowy

Ms Snarky
Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2012
Western Sydney
✟250,212.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Labor
Oh I fully agree, as one who has personally found the solutions to the most pressing problems that have plagued mankind.

Problems understanding things: Read your bible.

Yeah. No. God did nothing for my depression. It was medication and a good psychologist which is finally leading me in the right direction. But I do agree with the crime and the health one.

Upvote 0

SLP

May 29, 2002
✟21,532.00
Faith
Atheist
Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Wearing a mask protects others from your viruses, but it does not protect you from receiving them from others.

You need quite an expensive respirator if you want to filter viruses from the air around you so you will not breathe them in.

Upvote 0