Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
curley is right and this mach law does not apply to his comment. All he did was to say Obama without spelling out his name.

"When his opponent is a black Democrat with "Hussein" in his name." could have easily been written as "When his opponent is Obama."

There was no hint of racism unless you believe that calling a black man black is racist.
Yup :D:D:D

Upvote 0

Viren

Contributor
Dec 9, 2010
Seattle
✟46,388.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Romney has done a lot of good things, but lets not forget....

romney_vulture.jpg

Upvote 0

RedPaddy

Jun 1, 2012
✟3,110.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
His company put something like 10,000 people to work. What did HE do as a governor in his state? 47th in job creation, right?
If you want to blame Romney for how MA ranks in various categories you first have to go through his record without the moonbat fact filter in place. Romney vetoed 844 pieces of legislation while governor. Of the 844 vetoes, over 700 were overridden by a statehouse filled with 90%+ democrats (in MA you can fit all the Republican reps and senators in 2-3 SUVs).
Want to blame someone for MA dismal record in most categories? How about pointing the finger at any of the last three MA speaker's house. (hint: you can find them in the probation office or federal pen. All three are now convicted felons. Oh, and all three felons place the capital D after their names.)

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here are some interesting facts…………………..

After going to both Harvard Business School and Harvard Law School simultaneously, he passed the Michigan bar, but never worked as an attorney.

As a venture-capitalist, Romney's first major business deal involved investing in a start-up office supply company with one store in Massachusetts that sold office supplies. That company, called Staples, now has over 2,000 stores and employs over 90,000 people.

Romney or his company Bain Capital (using what became known as the "Bain Way") would go on to perform the same kinds of business miracles again and again, with companies like Domino's, Sealy, Brookstone, Weather Channel, Burger King, Warner Music Group, Dollarama, Home Depot Supply, and many others.

Got your calculators handy? Let's recap.

Volunteer campaign worker for his dad's gubernatorial campaign 1 year.

Unpaid intern in Governor's office 8 years.

Mormon missionary in Paris 2 years.

Unpaid bishop and state president for his church 10 years.

No salary as president of the Olympics 3 years.

No salary as MA governor 4 years.

That's a grand total of 28 years of unpaid service to his country, his community and his church. Why? Because that's the kind of man Mitt Romney is!

And in 2011 Mitt Romney gave over $4 million to charity, almost 19% of his income....Obama gave 1%

Joe Biden gave $300 or .0013%

This is real character vs....well you know what!

Romney has been selected as the best representative from the present field of Republicans and here's what we know. We know what religion he is, and that he won't desecrate the flag, bow down to foreign powers, or squander my money on vacations. We know he has the ability to turn this financial debacle that the "Spending President" has gotten us into. We didn't know that when Obama said he'd give us change, he meant nickels and dimes, and he would get the big bucks. We won’t like all the things necessary to recover from this debt, but someone with Romney’s background can do it.

But, on the minus side, He never was a "Community Organizer", never took drugs or smoked pot. Never got drunk. Did not associate with communists or terrorists. Nor did he attend a church whose pastor called for God to damn the US .
Did you write this yourself? I don't see any attribution.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
I find it interesting that when a Republican does a bad job, it's the Democrats' fault. But then when Dems do a bad job, GOPers make it all their own fault.

Must be nice to be a member of the Perfection Party...

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Says who?

Actually, you don't. You can stay home or just leave it blank.

Not quite. He's also remembered for never serving in the military, putting thousands and thousands of people out of work (which pretty much cancels out how many he put TO work), and his record as governor (which isn't as hot as some people think).

Compared to Obama, who is remembered for having never served in the military, putting millions of people out of work, and his record as President (which isn't as hot as some think).

Hmmm... it's like watching to see if Cthulhu or Hastur wins the fight for your soul.:mmh:

Sorry, but President Obama has been President for three years. You can't say he's not qualified any more, nor can you say someone who has NEVER been President is more qualified than someone who has been President for over three years.

Actually, you can. His performance is so sub-par that a guy who never has been President will likely be better than Barry with four more years.

He's the only one who uses it. :D

Actually, no, he isn't.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Rion said:
Actually, you don't. You can stay home or just leave it blank.

Which was my point.

Compared to Obama, who is remembered for having never served in the military, putting millions of people out of work, and his record as President (which isn't as hot as some think).

I don't support the President, so you're preaching to the choir.

Actually, you can. His performance is so sub-par that a guy who never has been President will likely be better than Barry with four more years.

You don't have to bee good at something to be experienced.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Please delete the post from your thread - I have deleted the thread - it doesn't meet the nit picking society since I don't have the link.

Extraordinary claims require some evidence. That is not "nitpicking". If I made a claim that Mitt Romney had three secret wives, you, and others would rightfully expect some evidence besides some chain email sent to me.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
cow451 said:
Extraordinary claims require some evidence. That is not "nitpicking". If I made a claim that Mitt Romney had three secret wives, you, and others would rightfully expect some evidence besides some chain email sent to me.

Or they might just shrug it off, 'cause ya know, EVERY Mormon is a closet polygamist =P

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
RedPaddy said:
no. please elaborate. Which president? what things?

Well, for one, "Obamacare" was created by The Heritage Foundation and championed by Republicans from 1993-2009. Many of those same Republicans are still serving in Congress.

Cap-n-Trade was started as a joint effort between free market conservatives and environmentalists.

Reagan supported amnesty.

Fast and Furious was going on under the Bush Admin as Wide Receiver.

The list goes on.

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private

Most of the facts about Mitt Romney's service on that page are fairly easily verifiable, if overstated. In fact, you can find most of that information in Mitt Romney's Wikipedia page. As for his 28 years of service, he seems to have one all that (and more) but it wasn't full time.

He did work as a volunteer on his dad's campaign and as an intern while his dad was governor -- but that was while he was a teenager and attending school.

He did serve the two year Mormon mission to France, this was completely full time and he received no compensation for it (from what I recall, the only thing the Mormon church pays for is the flight to France and then back home).

He was Bishop (essentially pastor of the church) of his ward (local Mormon congregation that typically has from 200-500 members) from 1961-1986. This would have been his "second job", as he was working for Bain Capital during this time period. Mormon local church leaders are not paid.

He was a Stake President (a Stake is comparable to a deanery or diocese, Romney was over 12 wards with approximately 4,000 members) from 1986-1994. Again, Stake Presidents are not paid by the LDS church; however, like when he was Bishop he was still working for Bain during this time period.

So, the sheet understates his church service, as it was 13 years as Bishop and Stake President rather than 10 but it also doesn't note this was a second job for him. And they are, essentially, full time jobs on their own requiring 30+ hours/week.

For the Olympic Games, Romney said he would only take a salary if the games made a profit, so he essentially was unpaid during the time he was working and, on top of that, he and his wife donated $1 million to the games. After the Olympics made a profit, Romney accepted the money but gave it all to charity.

In Massachusetts (above article and Wikipedia) he again declined his salary and had it given to charity.

Upvote 0

Halossellar

Jun 13, 2012
✟15,544.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Most of the facts about Mitt Romney's service on that page are fairly easily verifiable, if overstated. In fact, you can find most of that information in page. As for his 28 years of service, he seems to have one all that (and more) but it wasn't full time.

He did work as a volunteer on his dad's campaign and as an intern while his dad was governor -- but that was while he was a teenager and attending school.

He did serve the two year Mormon mission to France, this was completely full time and he received no compensation for it (from what I recall, the only thing the Mormon church pays for is the flight to France and then back home).

He was Bishop (essentially pastor of the church) of his (local Mormon congregation that typically has from 200-500 members) from 1961-1986. This would have been his "second job", as he was working for Bain Capital during this time period. Mormon local church leaders are not paid.

He was a Stake President (a is comparable to a deanery or diocese, Romney was over 12 wards with approximately 4,000 members) from 1986-1994. Again, Stake Presidents are not paid by the LDS church; however, like when he was Bishop he was still working for Bain during this time period.

So, the sheet understates his church service, as it was 13 years as Bishop and Stake President rather than 10 but it also doesn't note this was a second job for him. And they are, essentially, full time jobs on their own requiring 30+ hours/week.

For the , Romney said he would only take a salary if the games made a profit, so he essentially was unpaid during the time he was working and, on top of that, he and his wife donated $1 million to the games. After the Olympics made a profit, Romney accepted the money but gave it all to charity.

In Massachusetts (above article and Wikipedia) he again declined his salary and had it given to charity.

You and the OP make it sound like all he does is give money away. If he gives as much as you say he does, he must have had a hella amount of money to begin with. He's worth over $200 million now. How did he get all this money if you kids think all he does is give money away? His intake is quite a bit larger than his exhaust. If we had as much money as he had and we gave the paltry sums he gives away, people would call us stingy.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Maybe it's just me, but I find the ridiculous habit of playing Who Gives More to be completely against the whole spirit of what "charity" means. "Biden gave a pittance!" "Romney barely made a dent in his finances!" "The Obamas gave so much!"

It does NOT matter who gave how much. What matters is that they gave something.

Upvote 0