✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Should a Christian support cheaters?

No, but a Christian should do what Christ said.

"So in everything, do to others as you would have them do to you"
-- Matthew ch7, v12 (and see the next 2 verses that immediately follow....)

Because He said it. Because you believe in Him.

God tells us what is good:

"The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God."

(Leviticus chapter 19)

Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Obviously they do, people still support trump...how many times has he "cheated"? How many times have the republicans been caught cheating through voting suppression and fraudulent registration? Apparently a one sided view with stones and glass houses!

Well said. Right wing Christians who support Donald Trump and his regime really don't have a moral leg to stand on to complain about any liberal politians who lie or cheat. Pot meet Kettle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MartyF

Apr 13, 2018
✟17,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Obviously they do, people still support trump...how many times has he "cheated"? How many times have the republicans been caught cheating through voting suppression and fraudulent registration? Apparently a one sided view with stones and glass houses!

I'd be interested in reading about similar things done by Trump and the Republicans. I haven't read or seen anything about them.

I do realize that many consider such things as requiring ID to be vote suppression and I have no interest in anything about this and consider it to be a red herring.

Upvote 0

MartyF

Apr 13, 2018
✟17,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well said. Right wing Christians who support Donald Trump and his regime really don't have a moral leg to stand on to complain about any liberal politians who lie or cheat. Pot meet Kettle.

I'd be interested in reading about similar things done by Trump and the Republicans. I haven't read or seen anything about them.

I do realize that many consider such things as requiring ID to be vote suppression and I have no interest in anything about this and consider it to be a red herring.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: expos4ever
Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

There is of course more related to registration fraud and suppression, just consider Georgia, Kansas, North Dakota, …

FACT CHECK: Has North Dakota Law Made It Harder for Native Americans to Vote?

http://www.nationalmemo.com/north-c...ied-voter-registration-firm-accused-of-fraud/

Voter Registration Fraud From GOP-Backed Firm Spreads

Republicans caught in voter fraud in Virginia

https://www.cjr.org/special_report/kansas-midterms-kobach-voter-suppression.php/

Dodge City polling place debacle: voter suppression or incompetence?

Upvote 0

MartyF

Apr 13, 2018
✟17,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Obce again, this voter suppression thing is red herring, especially as you define it. Requiring an ID to vote is not voter suppression. Otherwise, you have to say that every country in the world actively supports and engages in voter suppresion. Changing voting times and places is not voter suppression either unless it is something ridiculous like you must vote in Antartica on December 25 between the hours of 1:00 am or 2:00 am. Removing old names from the voter rolls is also not voter suppression. These are Red Herrings and are in no way similar to the conduct discussed in the article.

As with ACORN, voter registration companies such as Strategic Allied Consulting get paid for the number of registrations submitted. As a result, employees commonly fake registrations to get more money. The only real difference is that ACORN was paid by federal taxpayer money and Strategic Allied Consulting was paid for privately and therefore didn’t need an act of Congress to fire.

Regardless, this is in no way similar to what was discussed in the article. You are drawing false equivalences.

Upvote 0

MartyF

Apr 13, 2018
✟17,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Should a Christian take the responsibility not to take a string of rambling nonsense that offers no evidence of anything seriously? This just sounds like a rant written at 1am by a barely literate blogger. What are your reasons for believing this piece of gossip proves anyone has cheated?

What would you consider evidence?

NYT Best Selling Author = illiterate? Or are you just throwing out ad-homenim attacks because you are upset?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is of course more related to registration fraud and suppression, just consider Georgia, Kansas, North Dakota, …

FACT CHECK: Has North Dakota Law Made It Harder for Native Americans to Vote?

Thanks for posting the links. The first story does not surprise me at all to be honest, considering the last state to allow Native Americans the right to vote was New Mexico and that was in 1962. But then again, Native Americans weren't granted U.S. citizenship until 1924 or religious freedom until 1978.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

NYT Best Selling Author = illiterate? Or are you just throwing out ad-homenim attacks because you are upset?

What’s the evidence in this article complaining about a lack of evidence? I have to say I do find these rambling articles that insinuate a lot but prove nothing rather annoying, yes. It’s typical Breitbart fodder.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If this guy does know how to write an article then he should take some responsibility by presenting evidence and giving his analysis of it, rather than just asserting ‘this happened/that happened’ without offering any evidence. Reporting involves analysis of things that happen, and attempts to piece together what is going on using what sources are available - not just rants about what the writer personally believes to be true. Unfortunately Breitbart and the like seem to think they have some mysterious access to ‘the truth’, and so don’t need to bother with the mundane business of setting out to back up what they assert. There are plenty of nutjobs out there who get riled up by this kind of stuff. Check it against the more careful reporting of the same issues here: Sorting out fact from fiction in the Florida recounts

• Agree
Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Obce again, this voter suppression thing is red herring, especially as you define it.
Regardless, this is in no way similar to what was discussed in the article. You are drawing false equivalences.

First, I was responding to the question you posed. Here is an idea, instead of tossing around the term "red herring" why not do some research. I did not "define" voter suppression narrowly but posted a number of links. Again there is much more info available in terms of reducing polling sites, shortened polling hours, and restrictions on early voting... check out the "color" of the states mostly involved. Also, one can choose to consider ms. Coulter and Breibart a legitimate starting point, but most reasoned ethical people would not.

Further, you might read up on Dodge city instead of just brushing it off as "changing voting times and places." Of course to have a clear understanding of voter suppression would require some research and objectivity. I appreciate that our fearless leader has made facts, evidence, and ultimately truth an unnecessary inconvenience but one might hope that Christians do not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
About the voter fraud,
It was rampant. Also in 2016.
A miracle Trump won.
In the midterms the fraudsters were caught in the act.
They're not gonna get away with it.

And the evidence of this?

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And the evidence of this?
Why are people who are too lazy to look beyond their propaganda sources always begging for evidence when something doesn't match the fake news?
Hmm... Maybe because Google tends to only give fake news in the search results...

• Agree
Reactions: ItIsFinished!
Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why are people who are too lazy to look beyond their propaganda sources always begging for evidence when something doesn't match the fake news?
Hmm... Maybe because Google tends to only give fake news in the search results...

In other words you have no evidence but simply parrot the exposed lies of trump and kobach… and who is the lazy one?

Upvote 0