Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Is it okay to solicit responses from certain groups of people? For example, if I made a debate thread on Philosophy and only wanted responses from Agnostics and Atheists, and I stated so clearly in the OP, can I ask the staff to delete any responses from Christians?

I just want to discuss subjects like Universalism as an Agnostic without having to explain ad hominem to Christians who don't understand philosophy too well.

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christians understand philosophy quite well

And they understand universalism just as well

What would be the problem with their saying that there is no such absolute unchanging truth in philosophy or in universalism and CHRIST, the WAY and the TRUTH and the LIFE is the only WAY unto THE FATHER

Not universalism
And not philosophy

Reactions: JESUS=G.O.A.T
Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Is it okay to solicit responses from certain groups of people? For example, if I made a debate thread on Philosophy and only wanted responses from Agnostics and Atheists, and I stated so clearly in the OP, can I ask the staff to delete any responses from Christians?

I just want to discuss subjects like Universalism as an Agnostic without having to explain ad hominem to Christians who don't understand philosophy too well.

You had your thread I remember (cause I responded cause of the forum rules) under a category where the forum rules stated is a section for christians to encourage non christians... that's why you got christian responses.

Now with the philosophy thread idk never saw it but you made one where yeah.

Upvote 0

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
If the staff doesn't have some insight into the matter, what I may be wanting is a Formal Debate between me and someone else on Universalism. Now I realize that a Formal Debate is going to be with a Christian. But at least I get to pick who, and I will pick someone who represents a side in a way I agree with (but can still represent the side well).

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If the staff doesn't have some insight into the matter, what I may be wanting is a Formal Debate between me and someone else on Universalism. Now I realize that a Formal Debate is going to be with a Christian. But at least I get to pick who, and I will pick someone who represents a side in a way I agree with (but can still represent the side well).
LOL So why call it a "debate"?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

Since this is Chat with Staff, I'll answer.

No. :)

It Christian Forums. There are no forums where Christians cannot post. You are more than welcome to find forums where this is allowed, though.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're right. People are going to judge me if I just find someone I agree with. So I will have to pick someone all-around good.
There's no one good but GOD

THE GOOD SHEPHERD came to Shepherd HIS FLOCK

The sheep know it's not their goodness that brought and bought them salvation

• Agree
Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.