• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Jonathan Nassans

Sep 9, 2017
Cumming
✟10,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey, I recently sold my soul to the devil. I signed a contract online. I disowned the trinity. Since then I've reaccepted Jesus, I've been rebaptized, and I've started going to church pretty often. I've been hearing voices that keep telling me that no matter what I do it's too late. Are the voices true? Please help me =(

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey, I recently sold my soul to the devil. I signed a contract online. I disowned the trinity. Since then I've reaccepted Jesus, I've been rebaptized, and I've started going to church pretty often. I've been hearing voices that keep telling me that no matter what I do it's too late. Are the voices true? Please help me =(
You may have opened the door to the evil one. Buy the book "The Adversary" or else look online for "Deliverance" prayers to say. This is serious - if you need more help look online - there are pastors that will pray with you.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,147.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
The devil tells people everything. He is especially good at telling people that they have sinned against the Holy Spirit.

Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: - 1 John 4:2

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. - 1 Corinthians 12:3

If you are able to confess Jesus is Lord, you are good to go!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
It doesn't directly relate to your cause, but Isaiah 28:15-18 contains an example where Jerusalem makes a covenant with death, but the Lord declares it will be annulled. In your case, it would demonstrate the power over such an agreement to unilaterally do away with it, and there's nothing the opposition could do about it.

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The voices are not true. Jesus will protect you. You are saved by Jesus' blood. You are safe.

Reactions: HereIStand
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Buddy - the blood of Jesus breaks every chain and bondage of the devil. Of course he still lies and tells us that those chains are still intact, even though they are not.

You need to find a pastor, elder, or other mature brother in the Lord to disciple you and pray you back into full fellowship.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You may have opened the door to the evil one. Buy the book "The Adversary" or else look online for "Deliverance" prayers to say. This is serious - if you need more help look online - there are pastors that will pray with you.
Yes - it is very possible that his "vow" of selling himself opened the door to demonic attachments.

But I would NEVER recommend self-deliverance as those attachments often influence perception and thinking.

• Agree
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

they wish it was true and want you to think it is

Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Buddy - the blood of Jesus breaks every chain and bondage of the devil. Of course he still lies and tells us that those chains are still intact, even though they are not.

You need to find a pastor, elder, or other mature brother in the Lord to disciple you and pray you back into full fellowship.

I agree with Dave W it is important to have those who can encourage you and pray with you for you

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
To quote from a short story, but I think it has truth...”’I signed the bond with my own hand, and in person entered into the most solemn and terrible engagement.’
‘But ye’re no to keep it, I tell ye...It is a sin to enter into a compact wi’ the devil, but it is a far greater ane to keep it.’” (The Expedition to Hell, James Hogg)

The devil can have no power over you, if you confess and repent of your sins, including this one, and put your faith in Jesus Christ. And I would seek prayer and counsel from your pastor, and godly men and women well advanced in their walk with Christ.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,147.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
To quote from a short story, but I think it has truth...”’I signed the bond with my own hand, and in person entered into the most solemn and terrible engagement.’
‘But ye’re no to keep it, I tell ye...It is a sin to enter into a compact wi’ the devil, but it is a far greater ane to keep it.’” (The Expedition to Hell, James Hogg)

The devil can have no power over you, if you confess and repent of your sins, including this one, and put your faith in Jesus Christ. And I would seek prayer and counsel from your pastor, and godly men and women well advanced in their walk with Christ.

"It is a sin to enter into a pact with the devil, but it is a far greater one to keep it." - James Hogg

Good one! I will have to remember that!

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

For the Christian, Christ identifies with us so completely that the sin debt - the need for our spiritual death - is taken on by Him and He takes it with Him to the cross. He dies with us. We die as well, of course. But then because of His purity, He is raised from the dead. We are still identified with him and so we too shall be raised. So whatever truth those voices bring to you to make you afraid, they carefully leave out the parts where your sin burden is taken care of. The most effective lies are always truth but only part of the truth.

The voices of course are abnormal. The healthy human brain automatically turns those off. Some people with problems in the chemical balancing of their nerve signalling stuff lack the brakes that would normally shut them down. Such people need medical help balancing the communication links in the brain nerve cells. You might benefit from such medications - see your doctor for such help.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Nassans

Sep 9, 2017
Cumming
✟10,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

How does one not keep there pact though

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
The devil is cunning.

I know as he keeps hounding me. He has been for over 3 years now! It's been a nightmare! But, through it all, I have continued to turn to God. Every time I fall, I get up, and hurry to God.

One day last week, a Christian I know, came into my workplace and said to me "You can rebuke the devil".

I was gobsmacked! I told him that i believed that was from God.

My friend. You can rebuke the devil yourself.

Remember that we are Sons of God, not the devil. Any prodigal son is welcomed back by the Father.

Whatever happens. Stay close to Jesus. However many times you fall, get up and turn to Jesus. Ok, it may not be easy but you can do it. Forget the 'pact' u made with the devil. That is in the past. God has torn it up. You are a Son of the light, not of the dark. Be strong. Keep God at the forefront of everything in your life.

Yes, you will be shoved off of the right path now and again. Yes, you will be tempted by the evil one. But, just keep turning to Jesus after every fall.

Rebuke the devil.

Love Jesus.

God bless you.

Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Go look at what the word redeemed means. when we are saved we are redeemed by Christ. that means that when we are saved we have been bought buy the blood of the lamb and are no longer our own. How can you sell you soul if it already belongs to the Lord?

• Winner
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

Re Born

Sep 25, 2020
London
✟15,804.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Upvote 0

Re Born

Sep 25, 2020
London
✟15,804.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I became a born again Christian a few months ago. I repented and said I was sorry to God. Through Jesus Christ dying on the cross I was saved. This happened for me by confession and absolution of my sins from a Vicar which saved my life. You need to surrender to God because anything is possible. God and Jesus can fill you with the Holy spirit and bring you back from where you are at the moment. God bless

Upvote 0