Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord said: The only record we have today of JESUS is the written Word of God. He is revealed through the scriptures. The scriptures you have provided here only support what is being shared with you in the OP. According to the scriptures our works do not save us. They are the fruit of our faith and demonstrate that we have faith in God's Word. Once again faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God *ROMANS 10:17. We are saved by grace through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God not of works lest anyman should boast *Ephesians 2:8-9
Your response here...
It's not one or the other, they both go together. Works are the evidence of your faith. Faith without works is a dead faith. Yes we are saved by faith, I don't dispute that but how do we show God we have faith? By following his precepts. These are not works of the law but works of faith, inspired by our faith and sustained by faith also our works strengthen our faith so the two cannot be separated

There can be no faith without works and no works without faith. That's is why Jesus said, “If you love me, you will keep my commandments." Not, if you love me, all you must do is say it and believe it.

No one said it is one of the other. If no one said it is faith or works why are you trying to pretend that they are and making arguments no one is talking about?

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The "church" here meaning those who have the word of God and a purified by it and believe and follow what God's Word says. All in all it was the simply the Word of God that was shared with the Bareans. They simply checked the scriptures as their final authority to see if these things were true or not. All the above only support the OP.
There have always been false gospels, backed up by Scripture-more today than ever as a matter of fact. The existence of those true disciples who received and dispensed the original message was and continued to be an absolutely essential ingredient.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There have always been false gospels, backed up by Scripture-more today than ever. The existence of those true disciples who received and dispensed the original message was an absolutely essential ingredient.
That argument does not mean that there is not a true gospel. How are you going to know what the true Gospel is if you do not know God's Word and the scriptures are not the final authority of what is true and what is not? As it is written "Sanctify them through the truth, THY WORD IS TRUTH" *John 17:17 and again the promise is given " However, when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, HE WILL GUIDE YOU INTO ALL TRUTH (through the Word) *John 16:13 and again these promises are conditional "IF you CONTINUE IN MY WORD you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free" *John 8:31-32.

God's Word is the very standard of what truth is *John 17:17 and the standard to which we are to test the Spirits to see if they are of God or not *1 John 4:1 from God just as the faithful Bareans did when they searched the scriptures to see if these things are true of not.

Now in your view if scripture is not the sole rule of faith how are you going to know the difference between truth and error? If God's Word is not the sole rule of faith this is the same as throwing away your sword (the Word) and shield (Faith) soldier

Hope this is helpful

Upvote 0

Fidelibus

Jan 4, 2017
U.S.A.
✟66,007.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Well it is hard to see what one does not want to see. Paul and Jesus also had the same problem when sharing the Word of God with others when quoting Isaiah in Matthew 13:13-14 and Acts of the Apostles 28:25-27. What do you think these scriptures mean that Jesus and Paul were quoting from Isaiah 6:9-10? We will have to agree to disagree. The scriptures provided in Romans 3:4 and Acts of the Apostles 5:29 clearly show that scripture is the sole rule of faith and standard of truth (John 17:17). While Matthew 15:3-9 and Mark 7:3-13 show that man-made traditions and teachings do not supersede the Word of God and 2 Timothy 3:15-17; John 3:16; Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 10:17; Romans 14:23 proves that scripture alone is all sufficient for salvation.

See, here you go again , quoting outside of Scripture with your fallible, non-authoritative, personal interpretation of what "you" think these passages mean. Which is subject to error I might add.

What do you think these scriptures mean that Jesus and Paul were quoting from Isaiah 6:9-10? We will have to agree to disagree.
I agree with what the Church founded by Jesus Christ, (The Catholic Church) say they mean.

The scriptures provided in Romans 3:4 and Acts of the Apostles 5:29 clearly show that scripture is the sole rule of faith and standard of truth (John 17:17). While Matthew 15:3-9 and Mark 7:3-13 show that man-made traditions and teachings do not supersede the Word of God and 2 Timothy 3:15-17; John 3:16; Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 10:17; Romans 14:23 proves that scripture alone is all sufficient for salvation.

These are Gods' Word not mine.

Afraid not. From the start if you saying...."clearly show" you are telling us in your fallible, non-authoritative, personal interpretation of what "you" think thses passages mean. Which is subjecy to error I might add. Nothing clear about that!

All you have provided in your post above is your words and opinion over the scriptures to deny God's Word which are your words and not Gods.

Nope, I am going by what the Church founded by Jesus Christ say what they mean (The Catholic Church) Not by what my fallible, non-authoritative, personal interpretation of Scripture say what they mean. Or yours!

For me I choose to believe and follow what God's Word says as it is Gods' Word not mine. You are free to believe as you wish but according to the scriptures there is no salvation outside of God's Word.

Nope, every thing you say outside of quoting Scripture directly is nothing more than your
fallible, non-authoritative, personal interpretation of Scripture, nothing more. Sorry.

Your response..

Yes.... and what is it I said here that is in errot?

"Fidelibus said:
It is plain to see that these words of yours here, (outside of quoting Scripture directly) are not the Word of God, but only your fallible, non-authoritative opinion/personal interpretation, which by the way, are subject to error. Sorry."

Anyone?

Please tell me is JESUS and PAUL quoting God's Word when they speak the Words of Isaiah 6:9-10 in their own words in Matthew 13:13-14 and Acts of the Apostles 28:25-27 when these words of Isaiah were not spoken word for word? Of course they are God's Word. Now when you are shown that the teachings and traditions of men do not supersede the Word of God and shown scripture from Matthew 15:3-9 or Mark 7:3-13 or Acts of the Apostles 5:29 how is this not God's Word?

Ha-ha! this is perfect. First you ask me a question, and the very next sentence you proceed to
tell me" what these passages mean with your fallible, non-authoritative, personal interpretation and opinion. A person can not make this stuff up! Ha-ha!

All I can see here is an attempt to hand waive the scriptures provided that prove why your claims are in error.

Lol! you are not seeing very far!

No. The scriptures alone (not me) say in 2 Timothy 3:15-17 that...

1. The holy scriptures are able to make you wise unto salvation through faith in Christ (v15)
2. All scripture is God breathed and living (v16)
3. All scripture is profitable for doctrine, correction and instruction in righteousness (v16)
4. All scripture that makes the man perfect through faith (v15 and v 17)
5. All scripture through faith makes a man throughly furnished to all good works (v15 and v 17)

We can add to this that our salvation is by God's grace through faith in God's Word as shown in Ephesian 2:8 and also that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God as should in Romans 10:17 so if we are only saved by faith in the Word of God how can we have God's salvation outside of Gods' Word?

You can quote this passage as many times as you like, but you'll never fine the words that the bible alone is sufficient as a sole rule rule of faith. on a side note, the part here when you say " we can add to this" quite ironic I must say.

The scriptures speak for themselves here as shown above and prove your claims are in error here dear friend.

Really? please show the Scripture passage that explicity say's " The Scriptures speak for themselves?"

No dear friend. I already answered this section of your post when I posted that my comments or claims are supported by the scriptures as shown in the OP or throughout this thread.

Oh... your talking about back on post # 125 where you claimed to be "infallible?"

See previous sections of this post. All you have stated here is that the scriptures provided that prove that our salvation is only in faith in Gods' Word is not correct. Yet you have shown no where or provided no proof to your cliams but simply provided an opinion that denies what is written in the scriptures words for word as shown above and throughout this thread. So we will have to agree to disagree because for me as Paul and Peter say only God's Word is true and we ought to obey God rather than man *Romans 3:4; Acts of the Aposltes 5:29.

Again, more repetition, as I keep saying, I don't deny God's word, just your fallible, non-authoritative, personal interpretation of it.... that is subject to error, that's all. Sorry.

it is the very scriptures you deny that disagree with you. Scriptures have already been provided throughout this thread that prove your claims here are not true. (see OP and post # 124 linked). You have not addressed this question but simply denied the scriptures provided as evidence when the scriptures alone state word for word that they are our source of salvation whithout proving why you disagree with the scriptures shared with you. All you have provided here is your words to deny Gods' Word which the scriptures alone prove are in error.

Again, more repetition, as I keep saying, I don't deny God's word, just your fallible, non-authoritative, personal interpretation of it.... that is subject to error, that's all. You may think your
interpretation of Scripture is infallible, but I sure don't Sorry.

Your response was to post a Catholic article here...

It was not a Catholic article, I can send you the link if you'd like.

This article does not answer the question asked of you which was where does faith come from. It is God's Word alone that says faith comes by hearing and hearing by THE WORD OF GOD *Romans 10:17.

This is what I copied from a Catholic site:

"The Bible denies that it is sufficient as the complete rule of faith. Paul says that much Christian teaching is to be found in the tradition which is handed down by word of mouth (2 Tim. 2:2). He instructs us to “stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter” (2 Thess. 2:15).

This oral teaching was accepted by Christians, just as they accepted the written teaching that came to them later. Jesus told his disciples: “He who hears you hears me, and he who rejects you rejects me” (Luke 10:16). The Church, in the persons of the apostles, was given the authority to teach by Christ; the Church would be his representative. He commissioned them, saying, “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations” (Matt. 28:19).

And how was this to be done? By preaching, by oral instruction: “So faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes by the preaching of Christ” (Rom. 10:17). The Church would always be the living teacher. It is a mistake to limit “Christ’s word” to the written word only or to suggest that all his teachings were reduced to writing. The Bible nowhere supports either notion."

The bible says no such thing. It is God's Word alone that claims to be the sole rule of faith as shown in the scriptures already provided throughout this thread (please see Romans 10:17; John 17:17; Ephesians 2:8-9; John 10:16; John 10:26-27; Acts of the Apostles 5:29; Romans 3:4; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; Colossians 2:8; Mark 7:3-13; Matthew 15:3-9).

No where in any of the passages does it say that the bible alone is sufficient as a sole rule of faith. Sorry

I believe it is the scriptures and teachings of Jesus and the Apostles that disagree with your claims here and they are God's Word not mine

You have the right to believe any thing you want, but that dosen't mean the rest of us are bound to that belief. Which is by the way... based inly on your own private, fallible, man-made, non-authoritative opinion. Sorry

Paul says no such thing but here is why as proven by the context your leaving out. Paul says in the scriptures you have quoted....

Lol! Here you go sgain.... you start of saying "Paul say's" and then you go on to tell me in your
fallible,, non-authoritative opinion, and personal interpretation of what you think what he and the rest of the passages you quoted mean!. Lol! I don't mean to laugh, but after while, it get comical having to remind you of your fallibility time and time again

Before the written Word we have the spoken Word of God.

Yep,, something the Catholic Church agrees with!

You did not even attempt to address the question asked of you. According to the scriptures
the only standard of truth is God's Word *John 17:17 and it is to the Word of God alone *2 Timothy 3:15-17 that we are to test the Spirits to see if they are from God or not from God as shown in 1 John 4:1; 1 John 2:3-4

Sure I did, you just don't like the fact that maybe my answer didn't coincide with you fallible, non-authoritative opinion,and personal interpretation of said passages. Sorry

So while you have responded to my post dear friend you have not addressed any of the questions asked from the OP and all you have provided here are your words that deny Gods' Word.

You are entitled to you opinion, but that dosen't make them infallable. Again, I do not deny God's Word as you keep claiming, just your fallible, non-authoritative,and personal interpretations and opinion of Scripture. Sorry

Have a Blessed Day!

Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟274,309.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
See, here you go again , quoting outside of Scripture with your fallible, non-authoritative, personal interpretation of what "you" think these passages mean. Which is subject to error I might add.

From the start if you saying...."clearly show" you are telling us in your fallible, non-authoritative, personal interpretation of what "you" think thses passages mean. Which is subjecy to error I might add. Nothing clear about that!

Not by what my fallible, non-authoritative, personal interpretation of Scripture say what they mean. Or yours!

Nope, every thing you say outside of quoting Scripture directly is nothing more than your
fallible, non-authoritative, personal interpretation of Scripture, nothing more. Sorry.

and the very next sentence you proceed to
tell me" what these passages mean with your fallible, non-authoritative, personal interpretation and opinion. A person can not make this stuff up! Ha-ha!

Again, more repetition, as I keep saying, I don't deny God's word, just your fallible, non-authoritative, personal interpretation of it.... that is subject to error, that's all. You may think your

You have the right to believe any thing you want, but that dosen't mean the rest of us are bound to that belief. Which is by the way... based inly on your own private, fallible, man-made, non-authoritative opinion. Sorry

Sure I did, you just don't like the fact that maybe my answer didn't coincide with you fallible, non-authoritative opinion,and personal interpretation of said passages. Sorry

You are entitled to you opinion, but that dosen't make them infallable. Again, I do not deny God's Word as you keep claiming, just your fallible, non-authoritative,and personal interpretations and opinion of Scripture. Sorry

I wonder if everyone gets the point!!!!^_^

Upvote 0

Fidelibus

Jan 4, 2017
U.S.A.
✟66,007.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Sorry dear friend this is only repitition of your words over scripture and is already addressed in detail with the scriptures already provided in post # 137 which although you responded to here you did not address any of the content and scripture provided then prove the claims you are making here are not true.

Sure I did, you just didn't like or accept it. You say.... "they were addressed in detail." Really, who's detail? Oh yeah, your fallible, non-authoritative, self interpreted, subject to error detail....... that's who's. Hmmmmmm...

You are welcome to believe as you wish to.

And that I plan to do.... beleive the teachings of the Church founded by Jesus Christ... The Catholic Church. I am not about to risk my eternal soul on your's or anyone elses fallible, non-authoritative, personal interpretation of Scripture that is subject to error. Sorry

Do you believe that your personal interpretation of Scripture could never be in error?

All you have provided though is your words over the scriptures that disagree with you, so I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Not my words, for I know my words are fallible. I follow the teachings of the Catholic Church, the church founded by Jesus Christ. Do you believe your words outside of quoting Scripture directly are fallible or infallible? And if you answer infallible, could I ask how you received the authority to declare what I believe or that of the Catholic Church teaches the Holy Scripture to say as incorrect?

I do wish to ask you some serious questions. You do not have to answer them here if you do not want to but I pray they will give you something to seriously and prayerfully consider.

Shoot......

You claim you do not deny the scriptures yet it is the scriptures which are Gods' Word (not mine) that say God's Word is the final authority and the sole rule of faith and the standard of what truth is as shown in Romans 3:4; Acts of the Apostles 5:29; John 17:17; John 8:31-32; 2 Timothy 3:15-17 but you do not believe these scriptures.

As I said over and over again, I do not deny God's Word, just your fallible, personal interpretation of God's Word. For example, you have yet to show where in these passages you provided (or any other Scripture passges for that matter) say God's written Word is the final authority and the sole rule of faith. You and others claim over and over again that these passages do. Well, I don't. What I do see is your attempting with your personal, and fallible interpretation (which is subject to error) to make them say that. Again, to which I am not about to risk my eternal soul on, and I would urge others not to either!

You still did not answer the question asked of you which is simply based on the scriptures in Ephesians 2:8-9; John 3:16; Romans 10:17; Romans 14:23 which are God's Words not mine. Please prayerfully consider this question.

Ha-ha.... simply based on Scriptures??...... you might want to heed your own words.

Besides, in case you are not aware of it, but your word's outside of quoting Scripture directly, are not....I repeat... not the Word of God! You see, I did answer your questions in earlier post, you didn't like the answer because they didn't conform with your man-made, un-biblical belief of Sola Scriptura.. Sorry.

If salvation is by God's grace THROUGH FAITH (Ephesians 2:8-9) how can you have God's salvation if you deny his Word when the faith we are saved from comes from the very Word of God (the scriptures) that you deny are the sole rule of faith?

Again, and please understand, just because you incorrectly keep insisting that I deny God's Word that it will change my mind. Well, it's not going to happen. I will repeat for the ump-teenth time.... I do not deny God's Word.... be it written or spoken. Although I do deny your fallible, non-authoritative, personal interpretation of Scripture that is subject to error! In closing I will ask you again, do you beleive that your words, outside of quoting Scripture directly are infallible and are not subject to error? If you answer yes, could you explain how you received this authority? And if you answer no, you would agree that you have zero authority to say what I beleive God's Word's to say to be in error?

Have a Blessed Day!

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

I agree with what the Church founded by Jesus Christ, (The Catholic Church) say they mean.

Afraid not. From the start if you saying...."clearly show" you are telling us in your fallible, non-authoritative, personal interpretation of what "you" think thses passages mean. Which is subjecy to error I might add. Nothing clear about that!

Nope, I am going by what the Church founded by Jesus Christ say what they mean (The Catholic Church) Not by what my fallible, non-authoritative, personal interpretation of Scripture say what they mean. Or yours!

Yes.... and what is it I said here that is in errot?

"Fidelibus said:
It is plain to see that these words of yours here, (outside of quoting Scripture directly) are not the Word of God, but only your fallible, non-authoritative opinion/personal interpretation, which by the way, are subject to error. Sorry."

Anyone?

Ha-ha! this is perfect. First you ask me a question, and the very next sentence you proceed to

Lol! you are not seeing very far!

You can quote this passage as many times as you like, but you'll never fine the words that the bible alone is sufficient as a sole rule rule of faith. on a side note, the part here when you say " we can add to this" quite ironic I must say.

Really? please show the Scripture passage that explicity say's " The Scriptures speak for themselves?"

Oh... your talking about back on post # 125 where you claimed to be "infallible?"

Again, more repetition, as I keep saying, I don't deny God's word, just your fallible, non-authoritative, personal interpretation of it.... that is subject to error, that's all. Sorry.

It was not a Catholic article, I can send you the link if you'd like.

This is what I copied from a Catholic site:

"The Bible denies that it is sufficient as the complete rule of faith. Paul says that much Christian teaching is to be found in the tradition which is handed down by word of mouth (2 Tim. 2:2). He instructs us to “stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter” (2 Thess. 2:15).

This oral teaching was accepted by Christians, just as they accepted the written teaching that came to them later. Jesus told his disciples: “He who hears you hears me, and he who rejects you rejects me” (Luke 10:16). The Church, in the persons of the apostles, was given the authority to teach by Christ; the Church would be his representative. He commissioned them, saying, “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations” (Matt. 28:19).

And how was this to be done? By preaching, by oral instruction: “So faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes by the preaching of Christ” (Rom. 10:17). The Church would always be the living teacher. It is a mistake to limit “Christ’s word” to the written word only or to suggest that all his teachings were reduced to writing. The Bible nowhere supports either notion."

No where in any of the passages does it say that the bible alone is sufficient as a sole rule of faith. Sorry

Lol! Here you go sgain.... you start of saying "Paul say's" and then you go on to tell me in your
fallible,, non-authoritative opinion, and personal interpretation of what you think what he and the rest of the passages you quoted mean!. Lol! I don't mean to laugh, but after while, it get comical having to remind you of your fallibility time and time again

Yep,, something the Catholic Church agrees with!

Have a Blessed Day!

Thanks very much but as usual you have not addressed any of the content or the scriptures provided in the post you are quoting from accept to repeat your opinions that disagree with the scriptures provided disagree with you. All I see for me personally is that God's Word says one thing while in response you deny Gods' Word with your words and you are unwilling to answer questions asked of you that challenge your belief. So I guess we may have to agree to disagree. For me only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God. Thankyou for the discussion I only wish you all love and peace in JESUS.

May you receive God's Word and be blessed. Ignoring it does not make it disappear as it becomes our judge come judgement day according to God's Word *JOHN 12:47-48

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Fidelibus said: Sure I did, you just don't like the fact that maybe my answer didn't coincide with you fallible, non-authoritative opinion,and personal interpretation of said passages. Sorry
Your question here..
I wonder if everyone gets the point!!!!^_^
I think most would understand that the statement above is a logical fallacy. All scripture needs to be interpreted. That does not mean that there is not a true interpretation of all scripture. The best way is to ask God to guide you with His Spirit and believe the scriptures as they are written. If God's Word says God's people believe his Word and follow him then I interpret that as we must believe his Word and follow what he says *John 10:26-27. If God's Word says our salvation is by grace through faith I believe that our salvation is by God's Grace through faith *Ephesians 2:8-9. If God's Word says that this faith that we are saved by comes by hearing and this hearing comes by the Word of God then I believe that we are to believe the Word of God to have faith. Now how are you going to have faith and God's salvation when you do not have God's Word if our faith and salvation comes by the Word of God?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fidelibus

Jan 4, 2017
U.S.A.
✟66,007.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Your question here..

I think most would understand that the statement above is a logical fallacy. All scripture needs to be interpreted. That does not mean that there is not a true interpretation of the scriptures. The best way is to ask God to guide you with His Spirit and believe the scriptures as they are written. If God's Word says God's people believe his Word and follow him then I interpret that as we must believe his Word and follow what he says *John 10:26-27. If God's Word says our salvation is by grace through faith I believe that our salvation is by God's Grace through faith *Ephesians 2:8-9. If God's Word says that this faith that we are saved by comes by hearing and this hearing comes by the Word of God then I believe that we are to believe the Word of God to have faith. Now how are you going to have faith and God's salvation when you do not have God's Word if our faith and salvation comes by the Word of God?

“As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are certain things hard to be understood, which the unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, to their own destruction.”----[2 Peter 3:16]

In the Bible, certain things are hard to understand. It was written by men of God, who were inspired by the Holy Spirit. That does not mean you, are inspired. The writers did not use their own judgment, but submitted to the Holy Spirit. Unfortunately, you reject the authority of the Church. Why? I can only surmise because of intellectual pride, the same vice that caused Satan to be cast into hell.

“Understanding this first, that no prophecy of scripture is made by private interpretation.”--[2 Peter 1:20]

“And if he will not hear thee, take with thee one or two more: that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may stand. And if he will not hear them: tell the church. And if he will not hear the church, let him be to thee as the heathen and publican.”---[Matthew 18:16-17]

.“Who said: And how can I, unless some man shew me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.”---[Acts Of Apostles 8:31]

Hope this helps

Have a Blessed Day

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟452,702.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If scripture is so accurate as a sole authority why there is like 50000 denominations, each one can't agree witht their interpretations of the bible, you need more than scriptures you need the Holy spirit to guide you to truth.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord wrote: I think most would understand that the statement above is a logical fallacy. All scripture needs to be interpreted. That does not mean that there is not a true interpretation of all scripture. The best way is to ask God to guide you with His Spirit and believe the scriptures as they are written. If God's Word says God's people believe his Word and follow him then I interpret that as we must believe his Word and follow what he says *John 10:26-27. If God's Word says our salvation is by grace through faith I believe that our salvation is by God's Grace through faith *Ephesians 2:8-9. If God's Word says that this faith that we are saved by comes by hearing and this hearing comes by the Word of God then I believe that we are to believe the Word of God to have faith. Now how are you going to have faith and God's salvation when you do not have God's Word if our faith and salvation comes by the Word of God?
Your response here...
“As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are certain things hard to be understood, which the unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, to their own destruction.”----[2 Peter 3:16]

In the Bible, certain things are hard to understand. It was written by men of God, who were inspired by the Holy Spirit. That does not mean you, are inspired. The writers did not use their own judgment, but submitted to the Holy Spirit. Unfortunately, you reject the authority of the Church. Why? I can only surmise because of intellectual pride, the same vice that caused Satan to be cast into hell.

“Understanding this first, that no prophecy of scripture is made by private interpretation.”--[2 Peter 1:20]

“And if he will not hear thee, take with thee one or two more: that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may stand. And if he will not hear them: tell the church. And if he will not hear the church, let him be to thee as the heathen and publican.”---[Matthew 18:16-17]

.“Who said: And how can I, unless some man shew me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.”---[Acts Of Apostles 8:31]

Have a Blessed Day

You did not answer or address anything or respond to the content in the post you are quoting from. I did ask you this question. If God's Word says that this faith that we are saved by comes by hearing and this hearing comes by the Word of God then I believe that we are to believe the Word of God to have faith. Now how are you going to have faith and God's salvation when you do not have God's Word if our faith and salvation comes by the Word of God?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If scripture is so accurate as a sole authority why there is like 50000 denominations, each one can't agree witht their interpretations of the bible, you need more than scriptures you need the Holy spirit to guide you to truth.
Fulfillment of the prophecies of the new testament scriptures and signs of the last days before the second coming (eg. MATTHEW 24:24; 2 PETER 2:1-9; ACTS OF THE APOSTLES 20:28-29; MATTHEW 7:15; MATTHEW 10:16; LUKE 10:3) God promises to guide and teach his Word to all those who prayerfully seek him through His Word with all their heart *JEREMIAH 29:13 here JOHN 14:26; JOHN 16:13; JOHN 8:31-32; JOHN 7:17; JOHN 17:17; 1 JOHN 2:27. This is a part of Gods new covenant promise to those who believe and follow Gods' Word *HEBREWS 8:10-12.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If scripture is so accurate as a sole authority why there is like 50000 denominations....

OOoooo. A new high!

Usually, they say it's 22,000 or 30,000 or 33,000 or (more recently) 40,000! ;)

Usually, each one can't agree witht their interpretations of the bible, you need more than scriptures you need the Holy spirit to guide you to truth.

But to answer your question, here are the important points:

1. How different denominations disagree with each other on interpreting the Bible has nothing to do with Sola Scriptura.

2. Most denominations disagree with the other ones for more mundane reasons, such as a non-doctrinal issue of some sort, the choice of the leader, or even ethnicity or nationality (in which case, the doctrines are not affected).

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟452,702.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OOoooo. A new high!

1. How different denominations disagree with each other on interpreting the Bible has nothing to do with Sola Scriptura.

2. Most denominations disagree with the other ones for more mundane reasons, such as a non-doctrinal issue of some sort, the choice of the leader, or even ethnicity or nationality (in which case, the doctrines are not affected).

The bible if all fine but you need God himself and his guidance for a lot more stuff that the bible doesn't talk about, or if you have doubts about the bible.

• Useful
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟452,702.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lets just say without the Holy spirit christians would be lost in this world, the HS teaches us a lot of things, if you let me choose between having the Holy spirit guidance or the bible guidance i choose the HS always.
I'm just speaking my mind here, actually i think i am not actually sure what sola scriptura teaches but you need more guidance than the bible as a christian that is for sure.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
OOoooo. A new high!

Hard to say for sure on the most accurate number even the 40,000 estimate was many years ago now so it would possibly be much higher then the last estimate. I see all this as a fulfuillment of God's Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The bible if all fine but you need God himself and his guidance for a lot more stuff that the bible doesn't talk about, or if you have doubts about the bible.
We cannot know Gods Word if we do not praterfully ask God to be our guide and teacher. This of course is also revealed through the scriptures alone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You have also wisdom or some word that can give you God, so not everything is in the bible.
Even wisdom according to the scriptures is given by God and revealed through the scriptures as to how we can receive it, as it is written "If any lack wisdom let him ask of God who gives to all men liberally" Gods Word is indeed the sole rule of faith and the final authority in which we are to test the Spirits to see if they are from God or not.

God bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0