Dec 29, 2004
✟173,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have worked with the homeless for decades and before ObamaMamaCare these ones always received treatment for free when needed.

M-Bob
I see a lot of homeless people come to the hospital and have worked with homeless people as well. These people have little access to preventative health care, outpatient services, home health, prescriptions, special considerations for diet, et cetera. Due to their circumstances, very few homeless people are able to be compliant with their treatments (and the same is very much the case with the working poor and people on a fixed income). If they are lucky enough to be in a homeless shelter, then there are generally clinics geared to help them in the area. However, let's be realistic. A lot of homeless people aren't at the shelters or don't fulfill the requirements to stay at the shelters long term. Sure- they can go to the hospital and receive treatment when needed- but that's usually when things have gotten really bad for them.

I see people ALL THE TIME that don't have proper access to health care- even if services would be offered to them for free could they make it somewhere. I see even more people that refuse to seek treatment because of unnecessary insurance hassles. There is nothing more heartbreaking than watching someone that should be palliative care claim they have to keep doing x, y, z until a certain date and time because of insurance and financial concerns. It should never happen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Why would you think I care about that?

Are you aware that communist dictators eat caviar while people starve in the streets under their leadership?
"The Donald" and his billionaire friends can indulge themselves on "caviar" while Americans public down on the "hard-scrabble" streets outside Trump Towers struggle to just put food on the table!

Upvote 0