timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,620.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Countries with the least social inequality are the most peaceful countries on the planet.

Too much inequality brought chiefly by ignorance, insensitvity, unsymphatethic, greed, and the love of money, things will eventually get out of hand.

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Everything will get worse
And in the final days it will be like in the days of noah.

sadly yes. so many countries run by dictators who are oppressing their people. greivous.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Countries with the least social inequality are the most peaceful countries on the planet.

Too much inequality brought chiefly by ignorance, insensitvity, unsymphatethic, greed, and the love of money, things will eventually get out of hand.
What do you mean by social inequality?

• Agree
Reactions: K Watt
Upvote 0

messianist

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
a
✟282,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
sadly yes. so many countries run by dictators who are oppressing their people. greivous.
It's very basic there are those who are under the power of elohim and there are those who are under the power of the Prince of the power of the air. The he latter in which most people on this planet are under.

• Winner
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Really?

This correlation looks just about zero to me:

income-inequality-vs-crime-rate-graph.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: Nyatalia
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I assume you are referring to the effects of the drug trade.

Upvote 0

Evan Jellicoe

Aug 2, 2016
downstate Illinois
✟22,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Really?

This correlation looks just about zero to me:

income-inequality-vs-crime-rate-graph.jpg
The OP specified countries, not cities within the same country. Would you be able to find a graph for countries and see what it looks like?

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟950,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
With everything taking place in the US on top of the pandemic and job loss, I think many will tune out. We’ve had our fill of fear, stress, and violence. I expect an increase in peaceful pursuits and self-indulgence.

~Bella

• Optimistic
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

K Watt

May 4, 2020
DFW
✟21,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

What is social inequality?

Does that mean unequal treatment under the law?

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The OP specified countries, not cities within the same country. Would you be able to find a graph for countries and see what it looks like?

Well, the onus is on the person who made the claim to make the case, don't you think?

• Agree
Reactions: Evan Jellicoe
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What is social inequality?

Does that mean unequal treatment under the law?

I think it means that some people don't get invited to parties. :(

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: messianist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't know how to sort out the statistics of young black males committing a greater amount of the violent crimes. is it because they are really more violent or is it because they are singled out more by authorities?

and I even think what if part of the problem is because they have bad perceptions about society and so they tend to rebel more against it AKA alternate hierarchies from society AKA crime. or if there is a bunch of poverty and you feel you cannot make it of course you would hate how things are. No one wants to be of low status.

I remember at 3 a.m. when I was walking around there was two black dudes holding down a naked black guy who was on some kind of drug going all crazy. It was taking forever for the cops to get there and I was trying to help them how I could. One of the guys holding him down lamented that if it was a white woman the cops would have been there very quickly. Well it is true that their response time was very slow. And it is also true that men tend to rush to help women more than men. there was a cop car that passed by and we all screamed at him and tried to get him to stop but he either didn't see us or had something more important to do.

I don't think every cop that kills a black person is automatically a racist. Sometimes they are and sometimes they're not.

Upvote 0

Lord Vega

King NES
Jun 13, 2020
Clearwater, FL
✟17,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I disagree. Social inequality isn’t a consequence of whatever the government or society is or isn’t doing for people; it’s the product of human nature. Which is to say, people succeed or fail in life based on their own personal choices. Someone who goes to college, gets a degree, and secures a well-paying job will do well for himself. Whereas someone who is indolent, apathetic, and doesn’t do much in life except for collecting welfare checks will turn out to be a failure. It isn’t the government’s responsibility to be humanity’s marsupial and take care of people who didn’t work for success. It’s up to the individual to determine his own fate, which can have a great outcome with enough ambition and appropriate actions that are conducive for a prosperous life.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Some people like to pretend that everything is fair, it somewhat relieves their conscience and allows them not to think about the reality of the inequality of this world which is a natural thing. As if everyone had perfectly identical drives. as if everyone was the same height. as if everyone had the same intelligence. as if everyone was highly creative. As if most could thoroughly enjoy their jobs. If everyone had a high level of Education it would be worth a lot less. Much of the college game has to do with hierarchy. It's the "pride of life" though I'm not saying it's all bad.

if you really think all people can help some of the things that they feel you obviously have never felt it for yourself. You don't know what it feels like to be dead inside! To lose all the motivation that was making you do what you were doing. To see how worthless and stupid many of the games going on in the world are. I feel profound boredom. Now tell me to pull myself up by my bootstraps and stop feeling anxiety, cuz you obviously can't relate to me at all.

• Prayers
Reactions: Evan Jellicoe
Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Some people like to pretend that everything is fair, it somewhat relieves their conscience and allows them not to think about the reality of the inequality of this world which is a natural thing. As if everyone had perfectly identical drives. as if everyone was the same height. as if everyone had the same intelligence. as if everyone was highly creative. As if most could thoroughly enjoy their jobs. If everyone had a high level of Education it would be worth a lot less. Much of the college game has to do with hierarchy. It's the "pride of life" though I'm not saying it's all bad.

if you really think all people can help some of the things that they feel you obviously have never felt it for yourself. You don't know what it feels like to be dead inside! To lose all the motivation that was making you do what you were doing. To see how worthless and stupid many of the games going on in the world are. I feel profound boredom. Now tell me to pull myself up by my bootstraps and stop feeling anxiety, cuz you obviously can't relate to me at all.
Jesus said "the poor you will have with you always". If you are unable to pull yourself up by your bootstraps, perhaps you are just one of those people destined to be poor! Accept it and live with it.

• Agree
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Jesus said "the poor you will have with you always". If you are unable to pull yourself up by your bootstraps, perhaps you are just one of those people destined to be poor! Accept it and live with it.

I don't mind poverty, I do mind how hard other people make it to be poor. But it's the cross we bear for having to coexist.

People are so foolish that they think poverty is the problem. The real problem is human vanity. The bar for luxury is raised so much that it oppresses those that wish to be poor. Now you must work 50 years to own a home. thinking that having money is the only metric for a good life is a huge mistake. Expensive shelters are arbitrary and due to human vanity.

what about the poverty of for your entire life having a job you hate and having to do it? Or The poverty of knowing your shelter is so expensive because there are many people that are so evil that they wish to rob you, because Society is so fragmented that the only safety is to be a cog in the machine with everyone else. What about the poverty of making the economy to be God and to be so concerned with making money that you neglect more important matters which life should be designed around. What about the poverty of being surrounded by strangers rather than close kindred? what about the poverty of having no solutions to make this world better? Or the poverty of not having enough people who can together make this world better. There are endless kinds of poverty.

This entire world is full of poverty, the poor will always be among you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0