• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Social burnout handling Asperger's

Discussion in 'Prayer Wall' started by Tony Ramirez, May 4, 2019.

1. Tony Ramirez

Tony Ramirez Christian with Asperger's Syndrome

+153
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I need prayer to handle my Asperger. I have much trouble with small talk. I am socializing but it is making me tired but I am doing it b

I also need prayer for envy again normals who can walk in crowds and not hear every sound super load like I do and are able to talk and maintain a good relationship with others.

This is like my life.

• Prayers Prayers x 10
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. redleghunter

redleghunter Thank You Jesus! Supporter

+33,599
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Praying Tony.

Do you run a blog here or another place? A good way to get your thoughts down, review them and perhaps helps with small talk.

For example something comes up difficult for you to communicate verbally, show them the blog page which should break the ice a bit.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. LynnSmith

LynnSmith Well-Known Member

+908
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Praying. Thank you for sharing the video.

4. Tigger45

Tigger45 Well-Known Member Supporter

+11,761
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    God’s graces be upon you Tony :pray:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. LoricaLady

LoricaLady YHWH's Supporter

+9,366
    Messianic
    Private
    I wonder if it might help you to check out some vids on social skills, for example like on YouTube with channels like Bright Side, or wherever. If you learn this and that and then just fake it, that's okay. People kind of fake it a lot anyway! Whatever makes you feel more confident.

I also wonder if it would help you to practice social skills by play acting with selfies, or even a mirror.

I pray you will be led to confident and harmonious interactions with others.

6. Old Lady

Old Lady ...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me Supporter

+10,942
    United States
    Protestant
    Widowed
    Tony, thank you soooooooooooooooo much! I want to know all about autism. Besides having autistic grandchildren, my son has always been extremely sensitive to light. My blind grandson hates loud music. I'm fascinated by rare and other than rare health conditions.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  7. ChristianForCats

ChristianForCats Bible Reader

+831
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I have Asperger's syndrome too. One reason I chose CF was it has an ASD forum. Feel free to discuss the issues you have down there - I certainly have.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. Mydreams

Mydreams Well-Known Member

+4,160
    India
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Lord bless Tony Ramirez, and this prayer, in Jesus loving name, Amen!

9. Old Lady

Old Lady ...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me Supporter

+10,942
    United States
    Protestant
    Widowed
    Thank you! I didn't know there was so much great information about autism on YouTube. I like the videos by Dr. Mary Barbera!

10. Monk Brendan

Monk Brendan Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,785
    United States
    Melkite Catholic
    Private
    US-Others
    I have fibromyalgia. It too, can make sounds super loud and even painful, too.

Have you discussed this with your physician?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  11. Tony Ramirez

+153
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Thanks. Yes I plan on starting an basic blog soon. As for watching videos on how to fake it I don't like to fake it. Also I stuck our like an sore thumb when I sweat buckets.

However the Church I attend the pastor knows my condition. Also at the Thursday dinner the group church has the host and people were very friendly. The host even told me what I wanted as I sure she knew I have Asperger's. When I left they all said goodbye come again and even loved my old coat.

12. LoricaLady

LoricaLady YHWH's Supporter

+9,366
    Messianic
    Private
    That is great if you have found a good Church for you. When I said "Fake it" I was half joking. We all do fake it sometimes though, generally in minor ways. People ask us how we are doing and we may say we are fine when we really feel kind of down but don't want to bore them. Someone may ask how you like their dress and you don't mention that it makes the person look heavy. In fact, research by as serious a group as the CIA has discovered that virtually everyone lies to others pretty much every day in various ways! Again, those lies are usually in what I would call the "social sensitivity" areas.

I'm not recommending lying, just saying that if you ask how someone is to polite, though at the moment you are very preoccupied about something else, maybe even feeling hurt and distracted by something, it is okay to "fake it" and act more interested than you really are. Stuff like that.

If I remember correctly, Asperger's can be associated with a lot of bluntness which people may not understand. If I remember correctly. You might want to do a check on your own self to see if you really are being 100% honest all the time. If so - as long as no feelings are being hurt - well, good for you. If not, maybe let others have their own levels of "honesty" too.

13. Tony Ramirez

+153
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Of corse if someone says things like that I won't be totally honest I know that.

14. Tony Ramirez

+153
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    As only the Pastor and now one other person openly knows I have Asperger's because I prayed with them at today's service.

15. Tigger45

Tigger45 Well-Known Member Supporter

+11,761
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Sounds like a good start Tony!

16. Ash8676

Ash8676 Seeker of Answers To Life Angels Team Supporter

+526
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Praying for you. It is not easy to be social without feeling drained, especially with Aspergers, it can be an uphill battle at times and can be hard to want to talk to others. One thing I learned, was not to be envious of those that can be social, I know my limitations and have found friends that understand me. I am glad to read that the church you went to is accepting of you and you are enjoying it.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Tony Ramirez

+153
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Also found this video very helpful what she said.