kolkata
✟8,003.00
Country
India
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I am reading the Magiera translation and like it a lot and scripture seems to have more clarity in certain parts but i am not sure if it is suitable to be read by orthodox. I know the septuagint is the official bible but i like the peshitta translation for reading. Which peshitta translation can be recommended from an orthodox point of view? TY

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am reading the Magiera translation and like it a lot and scripture seems to have more clarity in certain parts but i am not sure if it is suitable to be read by orthodox. I know the septuagint is the official bible but i like the peshitta translation for reading. Which peshitta translation can be recommended from an orthodox point of view? TY
Hello and welcome to CF and to TAW!

I'm not sure about the different versions of the Peshitta - it may be that someone else in TAW will know. We do have a frequent visitor (an OO) who is likely well versed in that and I know he's pretty well informed on our differences, so he might be able to offer some insight, if none of our EO members can. They might be able to though. But it's not a topic I have seen discussed in depth so I'm unsure.

I did want to bid you welcome though. :)

@dzheremi - if he can help?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums