Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
For Christians, following Jesus, listening to His Voice instead of any other voice,
it is no problem at all.

WHO someone trusts is the issue, NOT something else, right ?

:scratch:

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
...if you can register at the polls on election day?

Judge orders 234,000 purged from Wisconsin voter rolls
Isn't the 'problem' that unless voters who have moved are taken off the rolls as voters residing in a certain electoral district...

...they will not have any reason to re-register--on election day or any other--since it would be easy for them to vote illegally in the precinct where they formerly lived?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Isn't the 'problem' that unless voters who have moved are taken off the rolls as voters residing in a certain electoral district...

...they will not have any reason to re-register--on election day or any other--since it would be easy for them to vote illegally in the precinct where they formerly lived?

If they are taken off the rolls they must re-register. If you are not on the rolls you cannot vote.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi OWG,

I agree that there shouldn't be any reason, if someone hasn't participated in an election for several years, that there can't be some sort of check to see if they are still around. I've moved dozens of times in my life to several different cities and states. Calling or notifying elections officials of my not being in the district any longer was never on my list of things to do. I imagine that my name may be on a half dozen voter registration rolls around the country. I would have no problem with any of those districts removing my name.

I imagine that the majority of these 200,000+ people have moved out of the area, or may even be deceased. So, I agree, there needs to be a point, where elections officials make an attempt to contact a registered voter who hasn't voted in 6 years or so, with a notification letter requesting a positive response. If no response, then take them off the rolls. If they come back to vote 10 years later, then re-enroll them. A list of dropped names could always be available for say the next 10 years so that if someone did return, their validation to put them back on the active rolls would be somewhat easier and could be done on the spot with proper ID.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

• Agree
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi albion,

You wrote:

The current administration has made a lot of noise about voter fraud, based on similar ideas as what you're proclaiming. As yet, there hasn't been a single shred of evidence that such a practice is happening to any degree that might effect an election, if there is any such practice at all. So no, I don't think that's the 'problem'.

If you do have some proof, I'd be happy to look at it.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hi albion,

You wrote:

The current administration has made a lot of noise about voter fraud, based on similar ideas as what you're proclaiming. As yet, there hasn't been a single shred of evidence that such a practice is happening to any degree that might effect an election
That ship has sailed, Ted. Even the Democrats who used to say that with full gusto have given it up in the face of actual elections that were affected by fraudulent voting.

What's more, there recently have been instances in various states in which thousands or tens of thousands of illegal voters were removed from he rolls.

I would also point out that there is no acceptable level of vote fraud, even though you seem to be saying that it is not worth preventing IF the outcome of an election is not shown to have been changed because of illegal votes.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes...so is there still a question about why first taking them off the rolls is necessary?

Cleaning up the rolls. If you haven't voted in that district for years, why not? No one is being denied their voting rights.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Cleaning up the rolls. If you haven't voted in that district for years, why not?
You mean your concern isn't with people voting in precincts in which they do not reside, but only with the policy of removing voters from the rolls because there is no record of them having voted within the past ten years (or whatever it might be)?

That's less critical, I would agree, but having whatever status be current is taken for granted as a good policy in so many other areas of our lives that I hardly think that this one is unreasonable.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
And what does that have to do with registering at the polls on election day?
That all completely depends on why they are doing that, doesn't it?

In other words, The Father did not direct them.
Likewise, the Father directed Desmond Doss, not all the ones who persecuted him for obeying the Father.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You mean your concern isn't with people voting in precincts in which they do not reside, but only with the policy of removing voters from the rolls because there is no record of them having voted within the past ten years (or whatever it might be)?

That's less critical, I would agree, but having whatever status be current is taken for granted as a good policy in so many other areas of our lives that I hardly think that this one is unreasonable.

My only concern is the usual blowback from the Democrats, who predictably accuse Republicans of trying to influence elections by such means, even if legal and proper.

It would also make the poll workers job a little easier, not having to shuffle through columns of names of people who are long gone.

Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That ship has sailed, Ted. Even the Democrats who used to say that with full gusto have given it up in the face of actual elections that were affected by fraudulent voting.

What's more, there recently have been instances in various states in which thousands or tens of thousands of illegal voters were removed from he rolls.

I would also point out that there is no acceptable level of vote fraud, even though you seem to be saying that it is not worth preventing IF the outcome of an election is not shown to have been changed because of illegal votes.

Hi albion,

Like I say, I'll be happy to peruse your evidence. Send me some links of these thousands of 'illegal' voters removed from the rolls. BTW being ineligible because someone has moved or died and is still on a voter roll doesn't make it illegal. As I recall, (I think most recently it was in Texas) the only thing that's ever happened in that regard is the same thing that's happening now. A lot of names are on voter registration rolls that were people who are no longer illegible to vote in that district. That doesn't make them 'illegal voters'. LOL! They are only 'illegal voters' if they have a ballot cast in the name of someone who isn't eligible to vote, not just because someone's name is just hanging around on some district's voter registration roll and hasn't been purged.

Unfortunately, this is the same mistake that the president is making. He thinks like you do. He thinks that just because there are a bunch of leftover names on voter rolls that there's a lot of illegal voting. Send me the evidence you've got of people who voted in two or more districts.

Send me the evidence. I hear your complaint that everyone has already agreed, but unfortunately your just saying it's so doesn't actually make it so.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I think it is wishful think to believe voter fraud is as rare as the powers that be want you to believe. In Sanctuary cities and Sanctuary states, anybody with a drivers license can vote. Because Sanctuary cities and states don’t check for immigration status when handing out drivers licenses, there is nothing preventing an illegal immigrant from obtaining a drivers license and voting. To assume someone willing to break our immigration laws will all of a sudden choose to obey our voting laws is wishful thinking IMO

Upvote 0