So what if Russia influenced the outcome of our election?

compassion 4 humanity

Oct 24, 2017
Texas
✟49,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I don't believe a small Russian troll farm had any power to determine our election. But let's humor our liberal conspiracy theorists and pretend that it did. So what?

Trump and Russia don't want to bring millions of Muslim refugees into our cities. They will not pass "hate speech" laws that could put conservatives into prison. A president Trump elected by Russians is still better than a Hillary elected by "Americans." I want to live in a safe country and not be oppressed by liberals.

• Agree
Reactions: Truth7t7

Theodoric

Feb 21, 2018
Tennessee
✟18,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you read the whole story, they didn't want Trump as President at all. They were going for Bernie Sanders. After that didn't work out, they switched over to Trump just to mess with us.

This is a nothing story, really. The subtext is that the media want to discredit Trump as President by tainting him with dirty Russian stuff.

I'm not a Trump fan at all, but I'd have voted for zombie Nicolai Ceaucesku before I pulled the lever for Hillary Clinton.

So, I'm comfortable with the Russian involvement in our last election.

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
North Carolina (Charlotte)
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What I love is everyone acting like Russian involvement is the end of the world. Its also a bit hypocritical. Like how many elections has the US interfered in? But oh no a conservative country interfered in our election to get a conservative in... darn it?

Upvote 0

Theodoric

Feb 21, 2018
Tennessee
✟18,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What I love is everyone acting like Russian involvement is the end of the world. Its also a bit hypocritical. Like how many elections has the US interfered in? But oh no a conservative country interfered in our election to get a conservative in... darn it?

The thing is, I would have thought the Russians would have actually preferred Hillary based on her performance as Secretary of State.

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The thing is, I would have thought the Russians would have actually preferred Hillary based on her performance as Secretary of State.

Idk, Putin did say if she was elected it was almost a guarantee of war.

Upvote 0

Theodoric

Feb 21, 2018
Tennessee
✟18,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Idk, Putin did say if she was elected it was almost a guarantee of war.

Really? Why would he have said that? Because of her hardline no nonsense foreign policy? Or because he wants that big red reset button at all costs?

I think if Putin said that he has a sense of humor that doesn't translate well from the Russian.

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Really? Why would he have said that? Because of her hardline no nonsense foreign policy? Or because he wants that big red reset button at all costs?

I think if Putin said that he has a sense of humor that doesn't translate well from the Russian.

Because she liked to frequently mock him in the UN, and she is part of the elite who will do anything for Oil, which Russia currently controls most of the EU's Imports of Oil.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe a small Russian troll farm had any power to determine our election. But let's humor our liberal conspiracy theorists and pretend that it did. So what?

Trump and Russia don't want to bring millions of Muslim refugees into our cities. They will not pass "hate speech" laws that could put conservatives into prison. A president Trump elected by Russians is still better than a Hillary elected by "Americans." I want to live in a safe country and not be oppressed by liberals.
Perhaps the Russians were unsuccessful in determining the election with their stupid clickbait propaganda.

However, the bogus Trump dossier the Democrats bought and the FBI got FISA searches approved for has wreaked havoc on our national governance. They were successful there .

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well some see Putin under every rock. Notice this 2016 article by NYTs which puts the Russian Orthodox church under the microscope.

In Expanding Russian Influence, Faith Combines With Firepower

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well some see Putin under every rock. Notice this 2016 article by NYTs which puts the Russian Orthodox church under the microscope.

Its articles like these that make me laugh. People (like myself) have been converting to Orthodoxy in drove the last 10 years. Its no surprise that in liberal France where terror events are only met with MORE immigration that those within turn to religion, and more specifically the example of the conservative church.

Notice how the article mentions the Church's view on homosexuality. Yes the UN and EU and their pro gay agenda are something the Russian Church opposes, and I wish the Greek Church would as well. Either way the Church is more separate from the Russian government then most westerners believe, but much closer then they are comfortable with.

Putin has honored the Church though, and I can say its owed. After years of Soviet era persecution, and the tearing down of many churches, and the execution of the majority of Russia's Orthodox population in the 30's, it is good to see at least one government supporting Christianity in Europe.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

What I find hilarious about this article is its sudden concern with the Patriarchate of Constantinople.
When Russia almost took back Anatolia from the Turks in the Crimean wars, who was it who stopped them? Oh yea, France and Britain. Securing the fate of the city into Muslim hands, and allowing the holocaust of the Greek and Armenian Christian populations there.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After years of Soviet era persecution, and the tearing down of many churches, and the execution of the majority of Russia's Orthodox population in the 30's, it is good to see at least one government supporting Christianity in Europe.
Soviet Union about destroyed traditional marriage. The party faithful knew they had to strip every traditional pillar of society to promote the worker ethic.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
What the Russians did, most major powers do. In fact, Russia has been doing this sort of 'interference' since the 2004 election. The only reason why it was brought up this time was to get the DNC off the hot seat for their attempts to subvert our system.

Upvote 0