So what does America really think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BK30

What was your opinion on the State of the Union Address? For the most part I liked that he did talk about America's situation..besides the war. Life is full of other things and I feel he touched on most of those. I enjoyed that he joked around a little bit so it was more like listening to a friend talk..than the boring "The President's on....He's on every channel...." that we usually get. One thing I don't think I was to keen on is that he said Americans need jobs, yet that was really it..he didn't say he planned away to ensure those jobs. He had a perfect lead in when he spoke of the aircraft we need and the weapons we need...but he didn't seem to connect the dots..if we open the factories back up..restart production...people will have jobs..I don't think he came down hard enough on the business that have pulled production out of the US causing finacial problems here and putting those factories in the same countries we are having problems with now.

I did enjoy that he pointed out the promises he kept this first year, while not forgetting the promises he had yet to fufill. I really liked that he stayed on both parties to continue to work together. I feel that even though we still have many problems ahead of us as a nation, we have done a lot to start to pull our selfs back up to where we once were...and that for once, in a long time, we have a leader that is not afraid to lead. Be it good or bad weather he has the helm.

Blackhawk

Monkey Boy
Feb 5, 2002
Ft. Worth, tx
Visit site
✟22,925.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I did not see the actual speech but I saw some of the after dialouge. ABC had a group of like 20 people or so that ranged from strong republican to strong democrat. Peter Jennings asked 2 questions to the group. onewas if the President deserved his over 80% approval rating. Everyone raised their hands. Yes! I think this says a lot about how he is doing. Just like here in Texas he has found a way to make everyone like him. I remember down here the democrat who was running for lieutenant govenor actually backed Bush in the last election he had for govenor.

Blackhaw

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think it was a great speech.

"One thing I don't think I was to keen on is that he said Americans need jobs, yet that was really it..he didn't say he planned away to ensure those jobs. "

Umm...did you know there is unemployment in a perfect captialistic system? Its inherient in it.

Upvote 0
I watched bits and pieces of it. Im glad that the guy has a good approval rating across the board in his country.

On the other hand, there were some things he said that raised some alarm in other parts of the world. Like what he said "If they dont act, America will" or something along those lines. My country (Philippines) has had a number of reactionary responses to that. The government takes it very well, because they know that the US means to help, not overtake, the military.But there are protest groups and some dissenting factions who think otherwise and burn effigies, etc.

But that's my country. We have a pretty active protest movement, pro or against (either way).

What I would like to know is, what does America think of news abroad that some of their actions might not be welcomed as wholeheartedly?

Upvote 0
B

BK30

For the most part what I have heard is that Countries that are our Allies are behind us and the ones objecting...we never liked anyway :lol: . I have friends all over the world and for the most part they are very supportive if not a little angry about us waiting so long to get in the game so to speak. I know America has no intention of taking over any country( which is why so few of our Soliders are in the Phillipenes right now...though my fear is of another Vietnam situation where our soldiers hands are tied.), but I believe our government when they said if you harbor terrorist we are coming after you. Sept 11, was not just an act of terrorism it was an out and out act of war. We are treating it as such.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.