just this side of Heaven
✟44,831.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What do these changes hold for TCL? I guess all we can do is sit back and wait to see what develops and if indeed the rules we implement provide any protection. :confused:

What do y'all think?

I do find it a bit odd that in recent weeks leading up to the changes here, we were trolled several times. I know at least one of those posters was using a sock account.

Does anyone else find that more than a tad coincidental?

BreadAlone

Hylian Knight
Aug 11, 2006
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Visit site
✟21,772.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
hmm..it is kinda scarry..

There's atheists and agnostics flooding into the Christian Teens section already with their "technical" philosophical debates and nonsense..being..I don't know..I hope they don't find there way here if they're going to be like that..

Upvote 0

C.F.W. Walther

May 11, 2005
MissourA
✟11,979.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't know if they really do or not but the standard way is with "cookies". Cookies, are parcels of text sent by a server to a web browser. They are used for authenticating, tracking, and maintaining specific information about users, and then sent back unchanged by the browser each time it accesses that server. Cookies identify your computer when you log in here and will automatically log you in each time. That's how they know who you are. CF obviously isn't controlling who has sock accounts but might do it in the future since it's going to get "hot" around here.

Upvote 0

BelindaP

Senior Contributor
Sep 21, 2006
Indianapolis
✟20,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You can't ban entry based on sombody's faith icon. However, there's no rule that says a forum-specific ban can't be put on a trouble poster (i.e., somebody of a different faith who repeated debates when the forum rules don't allow it). Repeated violations of the FSB could be grounds for at least a temporary ban from CF.

Upvote 0

porterross

I miss Ronald Reagan
Jan 27, 2006
just this side of Heaven
✟44,831.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
hmm..it is kinda scarry..

There's atheists and agnostics flooding into the Christian Teens section already with their "technical" philosophical debates and nonsense..being..I don't know..I hope they don't find there way here if they're going to be like that..
Of course they're going to hit you guys the hardest as you're more impressionable. The devil isn't stupid.
Just wait until the sex predators start getting bold with the teens. Might that be enough to snap Erwin out of it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

porterross

I miss Ronald Reagan
Jan 27, 2006
just this side of Heaven
✟44,831.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Paranoid much? Now you're equating unbelievers with sex predators. Every person who ever abused me was a believer.
Whatever your agenda is, you're really intent on pushing it, aren't you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaRev

Apr 18, 2006
✟19,002.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
popcorn.gif

Upvote 0

DaSeminarian

Veteran
Nov 16, 2006
✟9,772.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Then go elsewhere. Isn't that what you've been telling everybody for years?

Belinda,

This is not an affront to you, but a reality of the way this forum has been going the past couple of years. CF has been a good home for many of us to come to and be able to discuss issues of faith and church. We have read Erwin's new vision and we don't see the freedom he sees. He isn't Lutheran so he doesn't understand that his vision has a flaw. Unity will not come in our life. It hasn't existed since man first sinned. So if we go somewhere else it will be to the benefit of us.

Scott

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Then go elsewhere. Isn't that what you've been telling everybody for years?

This is exactly what I feared.

Here is a case of someone who is obviously liberal coming in to start a fight with the conservatives (ultra, as she called us). The site hasn't even been back up for a day and we're already having to defend what we believe to someone who really could care less.

So, take a hike Belinda, because we're not interested in whatever it is you're trying to sell.

Upvote 0

BelindaP

Senior Contributor
Sep 21, 2006
Indianapolis
✟20,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I agree with you that Christendom will never be united in this life. That is something that only God can do. That's not what Erwin's vision is about. His vision is about Christians being able to come together and talk about stuff, even if they disagree. In order for that to happen, then respect must be shown on all sides. The way the rules were constructed before, that wasn't happening.

I think it's great that there are congregational fora where like-minded Christians can congregate and share. I like TCL because if I want to talk/debate with Lutherans, I can. I like CF because if I want to talk/debate with people of other denominations or faiths, I also can. What I don't like is when some members try to turn the entire site into their congregational forum or they try to forbid other members from even saying 'hi' to them in their congregational fora.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.