So Warren does have Native American ancestors.

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,141,165.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Let me use my wife as an example. Her entire life she was told she was born of a Jewish mother, is therefore Jewish and will use that identity her whole life. She was able to use being Jewish to go on a birthright trip to Israel.

Now, if it were suddenly revealed that her mother was not Jewish, would my wife have been lying to go on the birthright trip that a more deserving real Jew should have been able to go on?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
She was foolishly claiming something she is not. Yes she has Native American ancestory, but then millions are ancestors of genghis Kahn, that does not make them mongols.

It depends. I've heard that she was told she had the ancestry. If I'm wrong on that, I'm welcome to be corrected. I'm unwilling to hold a teenager to some high standard when it comes to their ancestry when they've been told something their whole life.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,141,165.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Let me use my wife as an example. Her entire life she was told she was born of a Jewish mother, is therefore Jewish and will use that identity her whole life. She was able to use being Jewish to go on a birthright trip to Israel.

Now, if it were suddenly revealed that her mother was not Jewish, would my wife have been lying to go on the birthright trip that a more deserving real Jew should have been able to go on?
The thing is she claims Native American descent from her great, great, great grandmother who she believes was partially Native American. I don’t think one could claim to be Native American on a form based on that, since she cannot even claim to be culturally Native American unlike your Jewish mother if she found out she was not Jewish.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
The thing is she claims Native American descent from her great, great, great grandmother who she believes was partially Native American. I don’t think one could claim to be Native American on a form based on that, since she cannot even claim to be culturally Native American unlike your Jewish mother if she found out she was not Jewish.

Depends on the form and the criteria that has been setup, right? Not trying to defend her, mind you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hopperace

long forgotten host
Oct 20, 2006
✟125,971.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Here's her faculty photo, published in the 1986 edition of the Peregrinus, the yearbook of the University of Texas at Austin Law School. University of Texas at Austin. I'll leave it at that.

Warren086.jpg

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Anyone wanna clarify for the class where she claimed this ancestry and how she used it to further her career?

Well, I just looked it up and... yeah, there's like nothing here. It's claimed that she claimed Native American ancestry when applying for jobs in law schools in an effort to better her chances at landing the jobs. Not that there was a program or anything. Just that it was claimed and that may have made it easier to get the job.

Alrighty folks, hand in your resumes and let's have a look over and find out what you may have told employers that might not be 100% factual so that you have a better chance at landing the job.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟321,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I see Trump said he would donate $1 million to charity if her DNA test showed Native American heritage. I won't hold my breath, but I do think we should hold him accountable.
She showed her DNA. Not it's time for Trump to show his taxes.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Here's her faculty photo, published in the 1986 edition of the Peregrinus, the yearbook of the University of Texas at Austin Law School. University of Texas at Austin. I'll leave it at that.

Warren086.jpg

A woman sitting at a desk. By jove, you've cracked this case wide open!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟551,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, I just looked it up and... yeah, there's like nothing here. It's claimed that she claimed Native American ancestry when applying for jobs in law schools in an effort to better her chances at landing the jobs. Not that there was a program or anything. Just that it was claimed and that may have made it easier to get the job.

Alrighty folks, hand in your resumes and let's have a look over and find out what you may have told employers that might not be 100% factual so that you have a better chance at landing the job.
Apparently Brett was ok here. If there was an I not dotted or a T not crossed.. they would have found it.

Upvote 0

LiberalChristian1980

Sep 20, 2018
Alexandria, VA
✟37,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
The hiring committees at universities she taught at have gone on the record — many in the video she just posted to her website — to say that she did not bring up her potential Native ancestry in any of her job interviews.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The hiring committees at universities she taught at have gone on the record — many in the video she just posted to her website — to say that she did not bring up her potential Native ancestry in any of her job interviews.
... but she apparently did state it on her application.

Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0