• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Featured Futurist Only So wait.. there's a dedicated altar and ritual sacrifices being performed again NOW?

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by Jamdoc, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Running2win

Running2win Well-Known Member

+451
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    The whole thing is you have to disregard that God sets up Kings and kingdoms and tears them down to not believe He is currently working to bring Israel back to Himself.
    20Daniel said,
    “Let the name of God be blessed forever and ever,
    For wisdom and power belong to Him.

21“It is He who changes the times and the epochs;
    He removes kings and establishes kings;
    He gives wisdom to wise men
    And knowledge to men of understanding.

Scattered for about the last 2000 years, now back as a strong Nation ( in unbelief) back where they were kicked out of. God will graft them back into the olive tree (Rom 11), but this will only happen after they suffer again and 2/3 are killed. They will then turn back to God after the great tribulation and day of the Lord judgments when a remnant repents and believes in Jesus. (Zech 12-14)

So no one believes Israel as saved now. Nobody believes that when they start to offer sacrifices in a new Temple they will take away sin. But this will all happen again because Scripture needs to be fulfilled, and the remnant that will believe in Jesus when He returns has to be brought through the fire and turn to Him.

God will bring this to pass, whether you believe it or not. The nation of Israel will be born (again) in one day, after she travails. Notice the boy (Jesus) comes first, then Zion (Jerusalem) travails and they are all born at once. (national repentance)

5Hear the word of the LORD, you who tremble at His word:
    “Your brothers who hate you, who exclude you for My name’s sake,
    Have said, ‘Let the LORD be glorified, that we may see your joy.’
    But they will be put to shame.

6“A voice of uproar from the city, a voice from the temple,
    The voice of the LORD who is rendering recompense to His enemies.

7“Before she travailed, she brought forth;
    Before her pain came, she gave birth to a boy.

8“Who has heard such a thing? Who has seen such things?
    Can a land be born in one day?
    Can a nation be brought forth all at once?
    As soon as Zion travailed, she also brought forth her sons.

9“Shall I bring to the point of birth and not give delivery?” says the LORD.
    “Or shall I who gives delivery shut the womb?” says your God.

2. keras

keras Writer of studies on Bible prophecy

+1,932
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    AN ORACLE FOR OUR TIMES:

Ecclesiasticus 48:24-25 Isaiah reveals what is to be, secrets of things to come.

Isaiah 21:1 A whirlwind sweeps through the Negev, from the wilderness, a land of terror.
    A CME sunstrike hits the Middle East region, with devastating consequences. Ezekiel 20:47-48, Isaiah 30:26-30

Isaiah 21:2 In my vision, I see a traitor betrayed. Advance Elam, up Media, to the siege. Perhaps an Israeli traitor gives information to Iran. The Iranian leadership commence to attack, as they have threatened to do.

Isaiah 21:3-5 I am in pain, trembling in fear. Night has become a horror to me.
    The princes and leaders sit down to a banquet. Rise and polish your shields.

They are unprepared, life as normal. Get up! Prepare for war!

Isaiah21:6-7 Go, post a lookout. If he sees columns of horsemen, donkeys and camels advancing, he must be fully alert.
    Keep watch- if your enemies combine, that is, form alliances, then look out! Psalm 83:1-8

Isaiah 21:8-9 Day and night, I watch- they come - a voice calls ”fallen is Babylon, her Gods are shattered”
    Israel and most of the Middle East are devastated. Zephaniah 1:14-18, Ezekiel 30:1-5

Isaiah 21:10 O My people, crushed on the threshing floor. From the God of Israel, I have told you.
    The House of Judah, judged and punished as decreed by God. Jeremiah 10:18, Amos 2:4-5, Ezekiel 21:1-7

Isaiah 22:1 Tell me, what is amiss with you? Why have you climbed up onto the roof? Why do you worry- run out of your houses?

Isaiah 22:2 Your city is in an uproar, your slain did not fall by the sword in battle. Everyone is terrified. Those killed were by the heat flash and fires.

Isaiah 22:3 All your commanders have fled, bravest soldiers gone in all directions.
    The IDF will flee in terror.

Isaiah 22:4 That is why I said, leave Me to weep in misery. Do not console Me for the ruin of My people. The House of Judah, in their judgement and punishment. Jeremiah 8:5-12, Isaiah 4:3-4, Zechariah 13:7-9, Romans 9:27

Isaiah 22:5 For the Lord has ordained a day of tumult, a day of turmoil in the valleys and mountains.
    The day of the Lords vengeance and wrath against the Middle East is set.

Isaiah 22:6 Elam took up the quiver, the chariots of Aram were readied, Kir bared the shield. Iran and their allies attack. A quiver is an arrow holder. An arrow is USA military code for a nuclear weapon. Zechariah 5:1-7, Jeremiah 49:35

Isaiah 22:7 Your fairest valleys were overrun by chariots, your cities beset by horsemen. Severe damage to all the Land, done by the Lord’s fiery wrath. Joel 1:15-20

Isaiah 22:8 The heart of Judah’s defense was laid open.
    Israel’s defense system is destroyed

Isaiah 22:8-11 On that day.... Desperate measures are taken to fight the fires.

Isaiah 22:11 You did not look to the Maker of the city, or consider Him who fashioned it long ago.
    The Israelis refuse to acknowledge Gods Hand in their affairs or call for His help.

Isaiah 22:12 On that day, the Lord called for weeping and mourning.
    Judah should repent in sincerity and call on the Lord.

Isaiah 22:13 Instead there was joy and merrymaking, feasting and dancing. You said ‘let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die”

Isaiah 22: 14 Here are words revealed by the Lord of Hosts - Assuredly your wickedness will never be wiped out, you will die for it. Zephaniah 1:1-18, Jeremiah 13:19, Romans 9:27

Modern place names from Strongs Concordance; Elam and Media = Iran. Aram = Syria. Kir = Arabia. Judah = the Jews, the current inhabitants of Israel.

3. Redwingfan9

Redwingfan9 Well-Known Member

+1,210
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    It's a ruse because it's unrelated to the sacrifices of scripture. Jesus is the one true sacrifice. That Jews reject him is only indicative of their wickedness. From a Christian standpoint it doesn't matter in the least what Jews do. They are irrelevant to our lives and theology.

4. Jamdoc

Jamdoc Well-Known Member

+705
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    They don't. They're going to set things up for the antichrist that they will believe is the Messiah.

5. Jamdoc

Jamdoc Well-Known Member

+705
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    It's 100% relevant because there will be a third temple built and sacrifices will begin, and be taken away, for the abomination of desolation that ushers in the Great Tribulation. This is scripture, read the book of Daniel. These are end times events that will happen within the world. We may be seeing everything being fulfilled, we may be those who remain alive at the Lord's coming.

How is that not relevant?.

6. mmksparbud

mmksparbud Well-Known Member

+6,073
    United States
    SDA
    Widowed
    US-Others

Actually, though most Christians see the word anti-Christ as being against Christ, it actually means---in place of God. The anti-Christ is one who places himself in the place of Christ.

7. Jamdoc

Jamdoc Well-Known Member

+705
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    We are NOT adhering to that old system. Listen to us, we're NOT ADVOCATING THIS, we are taking note of it because Jesus told us to watch and wait. PEOPLE THAT REJECT JESUS CHRIST are bringing back animal sacrifices, THEY believe that this is the right way and THEY believe their Messiah is already here and are setting the world stage for him.
    Why do you think Rabbis are investigating Donald Trump's geneology in order to try and connect him to the line of David? Because some of them believe that Donald Trump could be the messiah.
    What they do is not in response to OUR beliefs but in response to THEIR beliefs, as wrong as they are.
    They're trying to seize for themselves without God's blessing.

8. Jamdoc

Jamdoc Well-Known Member

+705
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    You're being extremely dense right now.

Read the book of Daniel, and stop spiritualizing the meaning, read it as it is written.
    Understand to the Christ Rejectors, our belief in Christ does not matter to them, they will build a temple, they will perform sacrifices, because of THEIR beliefs, not ours.
    Revelation 11:1-2 we're talking about a physical temple that can be measured.

Daniel 12:11
    Jews have not sacrificed animals at the temple since 70AD. Jesus didn't return 1290 days later or 1335 days later, even 2300 days later, we didn't have the 2nd coming of Christ.
    What does that mean? That Jews will resume daily sacrifices at some point, and then they will be stopped. These are events on the prophetic calendar, the thing we are to be warned of is the end of daily sacrifices, where the abomination of desolation will be set up. These events PRECEDE the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ.

So why do we pay attention? Because it means that Jesus will return soon.
    Matthew 24:32-34

9. Jamdoc

Jamdoc Well-Known Member

+705
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    This is correct, Orthodox Jews who reject Jesus (now there are Jews who have converted to Christianity, and also Messianic Jews who while they still obey the Torah, still believe that salvation is through faith in Jesus (who they call Yeshua) , this is not a race or ethnicity thing, but a faith thing) are awaiting for a Messiah, what they will get, is someone who comes IN PLACE OF Christ, the Anti Christ.

10. Bob Carabbio

Bob Carabbio Old guy -

+536
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Rejecting Christ's provision of SIN removal is the Unforgivable Sin.

11. Running2win

Running2win Well-Known Member

+451
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    You just parrot the same ole thing without considering what I said.:sigh:

You got a different viewpoint than Paul does. Paul wanted all Israel to be saved and said they would be. You are being arrogant-just like Paul said the Church as a whole would be in the last days, and we will be cut off when Israel is grafted back in. It seems you don't want the Nation of Israel to be saved? Your Hatred of the Jews is thinly veiled indeed.

You cannot revoke what God has gifted and said in the OT prophecies. Israel will be saved and reign alongside Jesus and the Church in the MK. You should tremble as Paul says, not be conceited because the Gentile Church is in Gods favor now, and National Israel is not.

11Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious. 12But if their transgression means riches for the world, and their loss means riches for the Gentiles, how much greater riches will their full inclusion bring!

17If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root, 18do not consider yourself to be superior to those other branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you. 19You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in.” 20Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but tremble. 21For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.

22Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off. 23And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. 24After all, if you were cut out of an olive tree that is wild by nature, and contrary to nature were grafted into a cultivated olive tree, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree!

25I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in, 26and in this way e all Israel will be saved. As it is written:

“The deliverer will come from Zion;

he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.

27And this is f my covenant with them

when I take away their sins.” g

28As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies for your sake; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, 29for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. 30Just as you who were at one time disobedient to God have now received mercy as a result of their disobedience, 31so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may now h receive mercy as a result of God’s mercy to you. 32For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

12. Jamdoc

Jamdoc Well-Known Member

+705
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    Correct. So unless they repent and believe in Christ they're doomed.

13. jgr

jgr Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,083
    Non-Denom
    How does God identify the Israel that He saves?

1. By their physical DNA of Abraham's genes?
    2. By their spiritual DNA of faithfulness and obedience to His Son?

Verdict?

14. ss51

ss51 Member

+147
    Christian
    Single
    sacrifice on the Mount of Olives

15. throughfireytrial

throughfireytrial Truth-Lover Supporter

+634
    Christian
    Married
    I don't know; sounds very strange though. Most Jews will cite the passage Isaiah 1:11 to buttress their belief that God ended animal sacrifice. Right?

16. throughfireytrial

+634
    Christian
    Married
    I believe that when the true Jews...tested as in Revelation...the Bible is referring to all true believers; not physical Jews.
    Gentiles are grafted in.
    for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. --
    Galations 3:27-28 NIV 2011

17. Jamdoc

Jamdoc Well-Known Member

+705
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    Good passage on that, so you know that these Jews are not acting in the will of God by doing what they are doing.. but they're doing it and it leads us to prophecy fulfillment regardless of what their aims are.

18. Redwingfan9

Redwingfan9 Well-Known Member

+1,210
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    That is a grotesque misinterpretation of Daniel.

19. throughfireytrial

+634
    Christian
    Married
    I was just expressing that I am perplexed. I'm not following well enough yet...what prophesy is fulfilled in this act?
    I believe the lawlessness of these days here in the US is alarming...fulfillment or advancing days of the prophesy of II Thessalonians 2

20. vinsight4u

vinsight4u Contributor

+2,600
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    /nvm

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020