• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

So Trump just announced he stopped all support for WHO

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by ximmix, May 29, 2020.

1. ximmix

ximmix Newbie

+348
    Sweden
    Atheist
    Single
    Thoughts?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Nithavela

Nithavela What would Nurgle do?

+11,540
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    Nurgle approves this message.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. wing2000

wing2000 E pluribus unum Supporter

+8,545
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    That's nice he feels that way. He doesn't have the authority to stop all support.

4. ximmix

ximmix Newbie

+348
    Sweden
    Atheist
    Single
    If he hasn't now, he will find a way, constitutional or not...

5. ArmenianJohn

ArmenianJohn Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist

+3,339
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    US-Democrat
    One thing you'll learn about Trump is that he says a lot of things just to get his base excited. Whether he intends to follow through with it or not is a different story; usually he has no intention of doing any such work. This is another such case.

6. ximmix

ximmix Newbie

+348
    Sweden
    Atheist
    Single
    My thoughts are, that the US once was in the forefront in times of troubles. now i see trump shrinking like a turtle in his shell. pityful...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Nithavela

Nithavela What would Nurgle do?

+11,540
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    In hindsight, it feels like the USA was in the forefront in times of troubles either because they were profitting or because they caused those troubles in the first place.

I might be wrong, of course.

8. ximmix

ximmix Newbie

+348
    Sweden
    Atheist
    Single
    U might actually be right. but at least they played a positive part mostly.

9. ximmix

ximmix Newbie

+348
    Sweden
    Atheist
    Single
    no ur right, US invilvement has not always been positive. but once there was at least the ambition to be a positive influence to the world. that is gone, with announcements like this, every country in the world is shaking their head...

10. F.E.A.R.

F.E.A.R. Lord Inquisitor

+86
    Serbia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    The US amazes me even more with each passing day. Let's see what he has to say more about CHY-NA. It's all fun and games to blame others until you start realizing your Wealth Care system sucks and you also stop supporting the WHO.

11. ximmix

ximmix Newbie

+348
    Sweden
    Atheist
    Single
    im sure future generations will be horrified when they learn of this period in time. i think the main question they will have is HOW?

12. ximmix

ximmix Newbie

+348
    Sweden
    Atheist
    Single
    I know of course. but this is out in every news source around the world. what do you think it does to the reputation of the US worldwide?

13. F.E.A.R.

F.E.A.R. Lord Inquisitor

+86
    Serbia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Careful what you're saying. Like the average American cares. They'll go on about posting on social media how it was "horrifying" just to get the attention and likes. You can't have a serious president when the people who voted him, hate free health care and education (and still use an arbitrary retarded system for measurements). I thought first that the Balkans had the most corrupt politicians, but the US takes the first place for this. Look it's a beautiful continent with amazing places to visit and live in, but until they set up free health care and education (and changing the system of measurements), I don't see the US progressing except spending trillions of dollars for the military like they always do. I guess spending trillions of dollars every year is cheaper instead of fixing your own problems at home.

14. expos4ever

expos4ever Well-Known Member

+4,047
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Thoughts?

He is a goof.

15. expos4ever

expos4ever Well-Known Member

+4,047
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    As someone who lives outside the USA, I hope I can re-assure you that many of us realize that most Americans disapprove of Mr. Trump. And we are able to draw a distinction between the clown at 1600 Pennsylvania and the (mostly) good people of your nation.

Hang in there - with any luck Mr. Trump will otherwise occupied as of January 20th.

Addenda: Just realized you are not an American.

16. SimplyMe

SimplyMe Senior Veteran

+3,405
    Christian
    Married
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. ximmix

ximmix Newbie

+348
    Sweden
    Atheist
    Single
    because the average american doesn't care, the americans have the president they elected...
    No, like you I'm watching from the sidelines. I just see the effects of Mr Trumps tweeting. No matter if he can actually stop the funding to WHO or not, just by announcing it he devalues the US reputation.

18. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+21,497
    Agnostic
    Single
    Smart move on Donald's part -- if the WHO reports about how shoddily the US handled coronavirus, Donald can dismiss it as sour grapes... and of course, his followers will believe him.

19. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+13,394
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Maybe he'll create the Space Health Organization.

20. ximmix

ximmix Newbie

+348
    Sweden
    Atheist
    Single
    Yes it will be yuge, the bestest ever...