British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
But getting back to signs, I do not think I have seen a more disaster filled last few months than lately. More tornadoes in missouri floods in us and canada volcanos stopping flights again. People disaster and death can strike as at any time so as Jesus says BE READY.

Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Could't find Are You Ready by Bob but here are the lyrics.

Are you ready, are you ready ?

Are you ready to meet Jesus ?
Are you where you ought to be ?
Will He know you when He sees you
Or will He say, "Depart from Me" ?

Are you ready, hope you're ready
Am I ready, am I ready ?
Am I ready, am I ready ?

Am I ready to lay down my life for the brethren
And to take up my cross ?
Have I surrended to the will of God
Or am I still still
acting like the boss ?

Am I ready, hope I'm ready.

When the destruction cometh swiftly
And there's no time to say a fare-thee-well
Have you decided whether you want to be
In heaven or in hell ?

Have you got some unfinished business ?
Is there something holding you back ?
Are you thinking for yourself
Or are you following the pack ?

Are you ready, hope you're ready
Are you ready ?

Are you ready for the judgement ?
Are you ready for that terrible swift sword ?
Are you ready for Armageddon ?
Are you ready for the day of the Lord ?

Are you ready, I hope you're ready ?

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

JEBrady

Mar 24, 2006
NY
✟17,370.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Harold Camping was mistaken, so he says. No kidding.

But learn from his mistakes? Nope.

He's set a new date, 10/21.

Camping issues apocalypse correction: It’s really in October | Holy Post | National Post

I wonder if the "3 strikes" rule will be in effect.

This is typical. Expect a new date in October, if Jesus doesn't come in the interim and Camping continues to live. Russelites (Jehovah Witnesses) did it, as did others.

Check it out.

Back when that book came out, a backslider I worked with popped up on Rosh Hashana 1988 and asked, "Is it true?"

I answered, "Are you ready?"

Upvote 0

pinkputter

unending love, amazing grace
May 21, 2007
United States
✟10,504.00
Faith
Christian
So, okay, NOW, theyre saying the judgement day has been set for Oct 21, of 11. (this year). Does anyone know the REASON or logic behind this date (if there is any?) ...I know the May 21 date was based on dates going back to Noah's Arc and the great flood.

I will say if you google 2012 end of the world, the reasons for that doesn't exactly make you feel good! (the mayan calendar ending is one, but there are many others)

anyone know?

Reactions: dkbwarrior
Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, okay, NOW, theyre saying the judgement day has been set for Oct 21, of 11. (this year). Does anyone know the REASON or logic behind this date (if there is any?) ...I know the May 21 date was based on dates going back to Noah's Arc and the great flood.

I will say if you google 2012 end of the world, the reasons for that doesn't exactly make you feel good! (the mayan calendar ending is one, but there are many others)

anyone know?

Yup!

"They were allowed to torment them for five months, but not to kill them, and their torment was like the torment of a scorpion when it stings someone."
Rev 9:5

"They have tails and stings like scorpions, and their power to hurt people for five months is in their tails."
Rev 9:10

From these verses, he derives the time of the judgment on earth to be 5 months, starting from May 21st through October 21st.

But this was always the prediction, the rapture on May 21st then five months of judgment until the apocalypse on October 21st. So, he hasn't really changed anything other than he's resorted to spiritualize the rapture since it didn't happen for him.

Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This is typical. Expect a new date in October, if Jesus doesn't come in the interim and Camping continues to live. Russelites (Jehovah Witnesses) did it, as did others.

Check it out.

Back when that book came out, a backslider I worked with popped up on Rosh Hashana 1988 and asked, "Is it true?"

I answered, "Are you ready?"

The way I see it is that if you are sitting around worrying about it then you aren't ready.

Upvote 0

dkbwarrior

Favoured of the Lord
Sep 19, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

anyone know?

Wheeewh...... I'm glad to hear that. I thought I had missed it. Does that mean I have another chance?

Peace...

Upvote 0

JEBrady

Mar 24, 2006
NY
✟17,370.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The way I see it is that if you are sitting around worrying about it then you aren't ready.

One of the few positive things that can come out of a scare like this is to cause people to examine themselves. Because if you would change anything in the way you're living based on the fact that you suddenly fear the Lord is about to return, then you need to change NOW, because you obviously know you're not living right.

The bible says anyone who has this hope in him (the hope of Christ's return) purifies himself, even as He is pure. A vital, earnest looking for His return will cause us to order our lives properly. And that's a good thing.

Upvote 0

Mellie7

Mar 9, 2011
at the feet of Jesus
✟182.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I went on a cruise last November, and did an excursion of they myan ruins. Our group leader was a Myan. The calendar does NOT end in 2012. Their calendar is in cycles, and that cycle ended. A new one starts. he actually laughed at all the silly nonsense surrounding the "ending of the Myan" calender. SO that blows that theory. From a Myan himself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pinkputter

unending love, amazing grace
May 21, 2007
United States
✟10,504.00
Faith
Christian
Wheeewh...... I'm glad to hear that. I thought I had missed it. Does that mean I have another chance?

Peace...

LOL looks like we all have another chance! :clap: just don't spend your fortune like some poor souls did on this last one..really, what would we do different if we knew it was tomorrow anyway? we should live everyday like it could be tomorrow- Carpe Diem

I went on a cruise last November, and did an excursion of they myan ruins. Our group leader was a Myan. The calendar does NOT end in 2012. Their calendar is in cycles, and that cycle ended. A new one starts. he actually laughed at all the silly nonsense surrounding the "ending of the Myan" calender. SO that blows that theory. From a Myan himself.

The Mayan calendar is just ONE (apparently, now, disproved) theory that it will happen in '12. Here is a list of the other reasons:
Seven Reasons The World Will End In 2012 – Proven Scientifically | Funny Buburuza
Really, Jesus coming back/rapture doesn't scare me, it's the worldly predictions that do. Just like the Bible says we would be, I'm excited about His coming. I WANT it to happen any day now. However, looking at these other "worldly reasons for it ending doesnt help. (for example, volcanoes erupting, the sun going out.) All of those events are set to happen next year. Should be an interesting year if any of that pans out :/ Do we have any evidence from the Bible that we will be "saved" (the rapture) BEFORE the actual destruction of the world happens?

Us being here for that's not likely, just curious..

Last edited:
Reactions: dkbwarrior
Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

iT AMAZES ME...
some trusted the May 21 date,
though it was 'jewish mysticiam' mixed with Christianity,
to make that bizarre prediction...

now that that is over,
some want to believe the Mayan, false god worshiping,
predictions....

how easily led...

whatever happened to trusting the plain Word of God...
it has never been wrong,
it was written by the Holy Spirit...

maybe we need a book of
'EVERY WIND OF DOCTRINE'
for some to read...
I prefer the Bible...

I know Jesus is coming soon...
it does not scare me...
I don't know the day, nor do I need to,
for I have alot of work to do before it comes,
so, I just need to do whatever the Lord wants
me to, till He comes...