MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The other day I heard about this prediction or interpretation of the Bible. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how one could come up with this Sat as a date for the rapture. So I went looking for Camps reason as to why. Yup, he has a reason. Totally made up. 3 words each mean some number. For some reason they are suppose to be multiplied together. then run them thru a Jewish calender and whala. Its Saturday.

At least '88 had a few good reasons to build on. Not enough. Gee WW2 had the most reason to believe that was the end back then. Nothing sense has come close!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Camping date is tomorrow which will be a banner day for the scoffers. Just another reason for them to reject the teachings of the scriptures. Thanks Herold. May you receive your reward in full for turning people away from the truth.

But tomorrow is also 'Talk Like Yoda' day, so it's not all bad.

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The Camping date is tomorrow which will be a banner day for the scoffers. Just another reason for them to reject the teachings of the scriptures. Thanks Herold. May you receive your reward in full for turning people away from the truth.

But tomorrow is also 'Talk Like Yoda' day, so it's not all bad.

Sorry, people reject God because of sin. They may use any excuse they like, but in the end, that is the real reason.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Leimeng

Sep 25, 2004
Arizona USA
✟1,772.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
~ Let us have fun. Currently there are around six billion people on earth. Assign each one a day that the Lord will return for His Church. There is a catch though, no date can be duplicated.
~ That means that the Lord will come sometime in the next six billion days give or take a few. One person will probably be right, (it does cover a time span of 200 million plus years after rall) and the rest will all be wrong...
~ If it does happen tomorrow, then I will see you all in Glory! If it does not happen tommorow, then I will still probably see most of you in Glory!
~ Continue to discuss amongst yourselves...

Peace,

Leimeng

Flatulo Ergo Sum ~~~

(***Insert Personal One Liner Here***)

Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

When this guy proves wrong,
it opens the flood gates of mockery
against, not just him, but
all of Christianity that believes
in the coming of Jesus...

a few years ago,
the attorney general then,
(Janet Reno) made
policy that any group that
believed in a return of Jesus was
a 'cult'...

well, the Bible teaches a return,
and it is going to be soon...

this guy has misinterpreted time,
and events so badly,
that even if God wanted one prophet
to stand up and declare a 'day',
it would not be a prophet so
far from understanding what the Bible
says about end times..

the world will mock...
many Christians who know it is soon
will shy from preaching truth about it, due to this
falsehood...

so, it silences the proclamation of
true prophetic teachings,
and enlivens the attacks against
Christians...

we need to glorify Jesus,
and spread the truth,
unashamed of what the Bible teaches,
and not hindered by this wrong
teaching that was inspired by
someone other than the Spirit of Truth...

Upvote 0

Zugzwang

Feb 28, 2006
✟17,837.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
it is beyond me, that when the Word says, that not even Jesus knows the time of His return, how in the world do men think they can get it??? HOLY smokes...

Well for starters, that's probably b/c when Jesus said that He was talking about the Second Coming & not the rapture for one.

I love these armchair bible scholars that quote the word so "matter of factly" when a plain reading of the text says otherwise.

(BTW I am not a Campite)

Here's Jack Kelly's take on "No man..." & "Like a thief..."

No One Knows The Day Or The Hour | GraceThruFaith

It seems ironic to me that Jesus would chastise the Pharisees for not knowing the signs of the seasons, (Matt 6:1-3) yet whenever someone tries to do just that (I'm obviously not speaking of Camping) they get mocked.

Personally, seeing as how Crucifixion week happened during the spring feasts, and how the church was born during Pentecost, (Feast of Weeks), I don't see why so many consider it such a faux paus to believe that the rapture may very well happen on the Feast of Trumpets.

The irony of it happening on that day however,(Rosh Hashannah) is that that day IS a day that no man knows the day or hour. That it takes two witnesses to declare the start of it, and that it is the ONLY Jewish feast that happens on a New Moon.

Rev 3:3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

1st Thess 5:4-6 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. 5Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
6Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

But please, don't let my posting of scripture stop you from your righteous indignation. :doh:

Upvote 0

Mellie7

Mar 9, 2011
at the feet of Jesus
✟182.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well for starters, that's probably b/c when Jesus said that He was talking about the Second Coming & not the rapture for one.

I love these armchair bible scholars that quote the word so "matter of factly" when a plain reading of the text says otherwise.

(BTW I am not a Campite)

Here's Jack Kelly's take on "No man..." & "Like a thief..."

It seems ironic to me that Jesus would chastise the Pharisees for not knowing the signs of the seasons, (Matt 6:1-3) yet whenever someone tries to do just that (I'm obviously not speaking of Camping) they get mocked.

Personally, seeing as how Crucifixion week happened during the spring feasts, and how the church was born during Pentecost, (Feast of Weeks), I don't see why so many consider it such a faux paus to believe that the rapture may very well happen on the Feast of Trumpets.

The irony of it happening on that day however,(Rosh Hashannah) is that that day IS a day that no man knows the day or hour. That it takes two witnesses to declare the start of it, and that it is the ONLY Jewish feast that happens on a New Moon.

Rev 3:3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

1st Thess 5:4-6 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. 5Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
6Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

But please, don't let my posting of scripture stop you from your righteous indignation. :doh:

WOW, sarcastic and rotten much?? I would of probably read the whole post had it not started and ended with such hate. Sorry, but I don't do well with this kind of nastiness.

Upvote 0