Carterville Illinois
✟36,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Alright, this will be quite interesting. I watched a video yesterday about the things we will do in Heaven such as having a great feast, serving God, enjoying His creation, worshipping Him, and asking Him the questions we had, it was quite the amazing video. After watching it, I thought about how I wanted to be there now, all safe and sound, and... overall, alive! So, when I went to sleep that night, I had a weird dream. It was about me being on Earth, alive, everything bright. I then saw myself dead somehow, my surroundings dulled to an almost black and white tone, but I think I could somehow see someone with me, a spirit but very bright white light. I think that's what I saw I'm not too sure, but I thought I saw God, and when I woke up this morning I felt like He was following me, but I couldn't see Him, I just knew He was there. So when I was dead in my dream, I felt alive, but in a dimension that looked identical to the physical Earth, just not as colorful and I could see God. I woke up feeling strange, like I could sense God is nearby. Can anyone explain what happened in my dream and in real life and why I had that dream? And, I would like to hear if you guys had any similar experiences, like if you read or watched something about God or you just wanted to be in Heaven and you had a dream that you died and woke up feeling God's presence or something like that.

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,271.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Alright, this will be quite interesting. I watched a video yesterday about the things we will do in Heaven such as having a great feast, serving God, enjoying His creation, worshipping Him, and asking Him the questions we had, it was quite the amazing video. After watching it, I thought about how I wanted to be there now, all safe and sound, and... overall, alive! So, when I went to sleep that night, I had a weird dream. It was about me being on Earth, alive, everything bright. I then saw myself dead somehow, my surroundings dulled to an almost black and white tone, but I think I could somehow see someone with me, a spirit but very bright white light. I think that's what I saw I'm not too sure, but I thought I saw God, and when I woke up this morning I felt like He was following me, but I couldn't see Him, I just knew He was there. So when I was dead in my dream, I felt alive, but in a dimension that looked identical to the physical Earth, just not as colorful and I could see God. I woke up feeling strange, like I could sense God is nearby. Can anyone explain what happened in my dream and in real life and why I had that dream? And, I would like to hear if you guys had any similar experiences, like if you read or watched something about God or you just wanted to be in Heaven and you had a dream that you died and woke up feeling God's presence or something like that.
Welcome!
If the dream came from God, then you are the only interpreter. Dream interpretation is highly subjective and you will get many who claim to have this gift however, it is not of the Holy Spirit. Interpretations belong to God and He will make its meaning known to you.
Be blessed and stay healthy!

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome!
If the dream came from God, then you are the only interpreter. Dream interpretation is highly subjective and you will get many who claim to have this gift however, it is not of the Holy Spirit. Interpretations belong to God and He will make its meaning known to you.

just a brief note here. Dream interpretation, when guided by The Holy Spirit, is biblical.
There are many examples for anyone to read in the OT and the NT as well.

Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dream content is largely because of what you pay attention to when you're awake. So you dreamt what you did because you saw the video.

Unless the video said that you will get to heaven because you die.. you supplied your death. After the dream you had a heightened awareness of God as you went about your day.

I have dreamt briefly about being in heaven, but I haven't dreamt about dying in order to get to heaven. Because not everyone will die to get there.

Jhn 11:25-26 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

Jesus mentioned two experiences for two groups of people. Those that die and are resurrected, and those that live and never die. The apostle Paul wrote of the same two groups in

1 Thes.4:16-17 For the LORD himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the LORD in the air. And so we will be with the LORD forever.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟796,996.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is interesting. There's about 20 dreams in Scripture. There are examples of folks dreaming about their situation such as Abimelech in Gen 20, Jacob and Laban in Gen 31, Joseph in Matt 1 and Pontius Pilate's wife in Matt 27. But here's a couple when God's interpretation was given to someone other than the dreamer.

"And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, I have dreamed a dream, and there is none that can interpret it: and I have heard say of thee, that thou canst understand a dream to interpret it"...."And Joseph answered Pharaoh, saying, It is not in me: God shall give Pharaoh an answer of peace"...."And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, Forasmuch as God hath shewed thee all this,.." Gen 41

In this account, the king couldnt recall the dream but knew it was important. So he demanded the dream and its interpretation. ''The king answered and said to the Chaldeans, The thing is gone from me: if ye will not make known unto me the dream, with the interpretation thereof, ye shall be cut in pieces, and your houses shall be made a dunghill." ..."Then was the secret revealed unto Daniel in a night vision. Then Daniel blessed the God of heaven.. "In the presence of the king....."But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days. Thy dream, and the visions of thy head upon thy bed, are these;..." Dan 2

Plus dreams are promised to us. "it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:" Acts 2

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

whatdoyounkiooo

Jul 20, 2020
houston
✟579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Welcome!
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Joseph interpret the dreams of the baker and the butler?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,271.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dreams are tricky. A dream which seems to deeply mean something can actually just be our minds and hearts processing what we’ve heard earlier. Not everything is prophetic.

The feeling you got of being followed by a spirit concerns me. This may or may not be from God, friend. Pray about it, then let it go, and continue following Christ. If we base our faith lives excessively on feelings or dreams, we run the risk of being deceived, being lead off-track, or stumbling into something that seems blessed, but is harmful.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟796,996.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Agree with Mayflower1. God gives some the ability to understand dreams and visions. "As for these four children, God gave them knowledge and skill in all learning and wisdom: and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams." Dan 1:17

He knows they are going to come to Him and point to Him.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0