Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am inviting people to share with me the story of how they got saved.

As for me, I was 6 and a half when I got saved. Been reading the Bible and going to church now for 20 years. Maybe God will still give me plenty more years in the church until He calls me home. I mean, I'm only 29. Hopefully I still have a full long life ahead of me.

Last edited:
Reactions: JCFantasy23

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I can't remember for myself - I seemed to always be a Christian as long as I could remember. I do remember in Junior high age making a personal goal to improve on regular prayer habits, but I believed in God and was saved before then.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟327,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Christ came to me. For it says For He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless in His presence. In love

I was born into a christian family like a lot of people, which is probably no coincidence. But I was just a casual christian until God came into my life about 3 years ago, and I had amazing spiritual experiences and really a spiritual journey lasting 3-4 months where I learned things like speaking in tongues and a deeper relationship with God and Christ. Realizing I am a part of the family of God was life changing. A true blessing God came into my life at the time I needed him most, and yes I craved him extremely bad during that time and sought him so hard I felt like I would die from all the effort, but it is true seek and you will find, and God is always willing to come into anyones life who wants him more than the world. God is very good.

Upvote 0

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Most of you know the story of how I found Christ - through a random theologian.

Can I tell the story of how I became stern and more devout in Christ?

I met some great Christian friends and had a demon cast out of me and had a vision stating that I'm suppose to be a minister who helps others.

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Christ came to me. For it says For He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless in His presence. In love

I was born into a christian family like a lot of people, which is probably no coincidence. But I was just a casual christian until God came into my life about 3 years ago, and I had amazing spiritual experiences and really a spiritual journey lasting 3-4 months where I learned things like speaking in tongues and a deeper relationship with God and Christ. Realizing I am a part of the family of God was life changing. A true blessing God came into my life at the time I needed him most, and yes I craved him extremely bad during that time and sought him so hard I felt like I would die from all the effort, but it is true seek and you will find, and God is always willing to come into anyones life who wants him more than the world. God is very good.

I love your testimony.

Upvote 0

Joni Steele

Oct 30, 2020
Western Indiana
✟18,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I was gay. I started reading the Bible and learned that my lifestyle was an abomination and could send me to hell. That frightened me. I pleaded with God to forgive me my sins and I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior. My desire for the same sex was gone in less than a day...true story!

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My family attended church regularly. They never forced beliefs on me, tho. In fact, in my Sunday school class, I was the only one in the class 4th-grade thru graduating who took it serious. The teachers told us they didn't want to force anything on us & it was more of a social group than learning about Christ. I wish my parents had taken me to a church that was more serious w/ their youth than mine was. No wonder why young people leave the church, parents are afraid of indoctrinating their children, then their children get indoctrinated by the world.

Anyways, in middle school & high school I strengthened my beliefs. College I was strong up until about halfway thru & started to not place Christ first like I did, I placed him second or third. Now I want to start placing him first again. It's been a mistake not to.

So I'd say I think I've always been w/ Christ, but haven't always placed him first. I need to work on that.

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

April Showers and Easter 2024!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Thought it was the thing to do as a ten year old. To please my parents. But then as an 16 year old thought it was for real. But that I needed to feel that it was real. And really was not acting like it. Until I was 19 and really a bit mature.

Felt God inside of me for good. But the bad part is that I was not growing in Him. Thought just going to church would be making me religious. But it was not until some personal and mental health issues forced me at 30 to grow up and finally start living for God. And to be considerate of others. Friend and foe.

Needed to do more in growing and reading the Bible, praying, being in fellowship with others.

Reactions: Via Cassian
Upvote 0

TomCS

justified by his blood
Oct 30, 2009
New York
✟19,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I got sick and tired of trying to live up to religious do's and dont's; so I finally trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ to save me by His grace alone - as per Romans 3:21-28. I put my faith in His shed blood as the payment for my sins.

Lord, You save me, else I perish...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Abide with me.

Jan 8, 2021
Norfolk
✟40,976.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am inviting people to share with me the story of how they got saved.

As for me, I was 6 and a half when I got saved. Been reading the Bible and going to church now for 20 years. Maybe God will still give me plenty more years in the church until He calls me home. I mean, I'm only 29. Hopefully I still have a full long life ahead of me.
My life was a kind of hell till the age of 42 when I finally threw in the towel and begged God to take my life and do what he wanted with it because I couldn't do it on my own anymore, that was 20 years ago and my life was transformed beyond all recognition and permanently, everything I did went from being turned to dust to turning into gold, God absolutely exists because handing all my wordly desires and disappointments over to God is the one thing I have ever done differently, nothing else worked.
What I did not do was work at becoming a Christian, this is my path now, I am praying to be what God wants me to be.

Upvote 0

bluegot

Jun 7, 2021
Midwest
✟20,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
I was born and raised in Church, but didn't really know Christ. One day I started a Bible study with a JW. At this point I wasn't a believer. They kept telling me I couldn't understand the Bible on my own, I had to read their literature in order to understand the Bible. A naturally suspicious person that I am, I started reading the Bible in earnest wondering WHY they didn't want me to read it. Why would God write a book that I couldn't understand? I came to know Christ in the Word, and stopped the study with the JW. That was 20 years ago.

Reactions: Sunshinee777
Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I'm new new born ^_^ it happened 2020, so not long time ago.. but I have been believing in God since I was a child. I did go to christian choir when I was about 11 or so.. I did pray a lot when I was little. (Still do) but I did leave God and went on my own when I was about 14 years old, I was rebelling against everything. Sad times. But I'm so very happy that I found kjv bible (2015), Derek Prince's teachings and was guided to accept Jesus as my saviour one night in my bedroom, march 2020 and be happy servant of Jesus Christ. It was complete change over night from death to life. :amen: and hallelujah.

Reactions: Isabel7M7L7H
Upvote 0

mindfulzen

Aug 4, 2021
south
✟6,349.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Born atheist, never believed at any point, and was very influenced by an older brother who introduced me to Hitchens, Dawkins, Harris, etc. And watched Bill Maher religiously. Life of Brian was my favourite movie. Joined a made up religion, that paid members. Then I became a buddhist because of some trials and tribulations, to relax and meditate. Toxic relationship with the landlady that I was romantic involved with for over 10 years. Psychic terror, only made me angry, and shutdown at a point. War of the roses kind of a thing, if you have watched it.

Then moved away, she kept using my former friends who were addicted to drugs and weak, to get me addicted to something, to break me. Messed up one of my former friends bad, who got me to try speed, which he got hooked on. And then it was attempts at getting me to do shrooms, which really messed up his head. And finally I got so weak, that I did get addicted to some pills that was pushed on me, when I was wasted at a party. I watched some christian pastor show, and taught to drop anger. So I did, then I cut the pills. Then I became christian in living as christian, following rules. A few years later, I believed. But there was added fuel to create anger regulary by her and those she used.

And finally after christmas, I took some actions, and felt a calm, lost all fears and anger, others cannot hurt me anymore. And I read the bible some over three months, when I started doing that, I believe the holy spirit marked me. I was a changed man, in all ways. But will not get to heaven if I die now. I have not been called upon yet, or have not heard it. So I have one step left, praying for forgivness and surrendering in prayer. My life just had so many paralells to the bible, I became christian. The fact that otherwise good people, can be so evil to selfpreserve their dark secrets, that they use people, to hurt others in hate. And never even care if they destroy the weak people they use in the process. That made me realize that there must be a devil. So, there must be a God. And now one of the ones she used, is in a nursing place, with addiction issues, and the other just got released from jail for a stabbing. God is there if you stop being weak mentally. Drugs cloud your mind, as does anger, most cannot find faith in that state.

Upvote 0

Tokyo

Aug 21, 2021
Sky
✟9,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was born a Christian I've been baptized my family is strong believers in the lord I never took it seriously even though I had my doubts I would still stand up for his name I'm not perfect I am a sinner what changed my life forever was when I experienced someone very close to me passed away days after the passing this person came to me in spirit full body apparition it changed my life completely we talked telepathically for a couple of seconds and he came back to visit 2x, I know I'll see this person in heaven when the time is right I feel ashamed to have questioned the lord & doubted him I am a true believer and I am on the journey of celibacy, keeping the lord's promises and studying his words this is my true testimony God bless everyone in Jesus name!

Reactions: Rose04
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums