Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Sad state of affairs when people cannot agree that the bible should be the authority over our lives. Take marriage for example!

Marriage is supposed to be a lifetime commitment .

People fall 'in love' and quickly say 'I Do,' and then they promise to love each other through sickness and health, Thick and thin and all those other goodies in their vows, Making a commitment before our holy God. Think about this, A Promise before God!!

Then people decide someday, that they no longer feel like they love the other one, Because they turn out to have some little issues, Like "my favorite," They are; just No longer the person that I married". :doh:
Come on people, Love is what one does Not what one FEELS

Our society is screwed up and it is breaking my heart and is also ruining america.
There are so many issues that people willingly let destroy their families and at least 90% of the problems is because they do not follow God's standards in the Word.

If there are problems that arise in your marriage, How About instead of gossiping about your spouse to all your friends, Instead, Get on your face and pray hard for them.

If you are facing things that are bothering you personally, Perhaps it is YOU and not even about anyone else!
Perhaps there is a area in your life that you should work on a little yourself before accusing and placing the blame on someone else.
I believe the focus should be placed back on Jesus Christ and His grand design for mankind in the Word, Instead of anything we may want.
The bible gives us the guidelines for husbands and wives and it was working out well for many years, Until it started getting changed.
Men were men, Women were women and each knew their perspective role.
And get this, They were happy!! Yes No one thought they were better than nor above anyone else, They just played differing roles in life as it should be and they stuck together out of LOVE for each other.

Today; Simply put love is not in the equation, unless it is wrapped in a rainbow. Sadly the women are taking authority over their husbands and also the men are not loving their wives as Christ loves the church. Folks this is destroying america.

The family model is broken. The biblical model that Christ gave us in the New Testament has been negatively reversed...
It is no wonder our little boys and girls can't figure what bathroom to use or how to use it.

Our kids are so messed up,That they do not even know if they are a boy or if they are a girl. So our society calls them "gender neutral" and let's them decide, and when you let a child decide what is right for them, They will ultimately pick the one "that feels good" at the time, Not what is right! Definitely not the correct choice which is a biblical model of "Boys are boys" and "girls are girls", and there is a distinct difference and separation between the two.
Loved by God equally yes'. However God shows His love for us, In that He made us in the likeness and image of Himself. [Who are you to change God's creation???]

Transgenderism is the result of all this.
Now days sex is fine with anything you choose, Just wear a condom, "So the schools and television say".
Babies are being aborted by the thousands simply because of this garbage.
Homosexuality rampant.
inappropriate contentorgphy is a huge buisness, Destroying marriges, Families and children all over and if people don't start picking up the Word of God and start getting back into their perspective place that has been ordained by God, Then the outlook for our future is very poor.

Marriage is supposed to be a model of how Jesus Christ loves the church. HA!!

"I sure hope it isn't based on today's model of marriage" Because He might just get tired of us and decide He wants a new one.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sad state of affairs when people cannot agree that the bible should be the authority over our lives.

What if scripture says not?

Galatians 3:23-25
Now before faith came, we were held captive under the law, imprisoned until the coming faith would be revealed. So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian,

Acts 15:1-41
But some men came down from Judea and were teaching the brothers, “Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved.” And after Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and debate with them, Paul and Barnabas and some of the others were appointed to go up to Jerusalem to the apostles and the elders about this question. So, being sent on their way by the church, they passed through both Phoenicia and Samaria, describing in detail the conversion of the Gentiles, and brought great joy to all the brothers. When they came to Jerusalem, they were welcomed by the church and the apostles and the elders, and they declared all that God had done with them. But some believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees rose up and said, “It is necessary to circumcise them and to order them to keep the law of Moses.

Hebrews 8:13 By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete;
and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

Romans 13:1-7
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.

Upvote 0

EzekielsWheels

Site Supporter
Oct 3, 2018
Southeast
Visit site
✟90,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ha ha there must be some kind of spiritual bug going around because I have also found myself "kindled" over the last few days (but on less worthwhile matters than yours). We are in difficult times because the "world" keeps pumping out the message that divorce is okay, transgenderism is okay and homosexuality is okay when these are sinful behaviors. But I have also suffered from sexual temptations in the past and have given in to them (and still have struggles) so I could not judge them lest I be judged. I think one of the fundamental problems is that we as a society don't actually know what "love" is, not even biblically, perhaps because (speaking for myself) our conception of love is colored by our past worldly experiences that have narrowed our vision. One thing worth thinking about it what is the "root" of so many of these problems? I think it goes back to our childhood and our expectations. I came from a broken family so that set up expectations about marriage, relationships and life in general that I have to fight against with biblical truth, but biblical truth is also lived out and that simply takes time even if one is doing it earnestly (or trying anyways).

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
What if scripture says not?

Galatians 3:23-25
Now before faith came, we were held captive under the law, imprisoned until the coming faith would be revealed. So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian,

Acts 15:1-41
But some men came down from Judea and were teaching the brothers, “Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved.” And after Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and debate with them, Paul and Barnabas and some of the others were appointed to go up to Jerusalem to the apostles and the elders about this question. So, being sent on their way by the church, they passed through both Phoenicia and Samaria, describing in detail the conversion of the Gentiles, and brought great joy to all the brothers. When they came to Jerusalem, they were welcomed by the church and the apostles and the elders, and they declared all that God had done with them. But some believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees rose up and said, “It is necessary to circumcise them and to order them to keep the law of Moses.

Hebrews 8:13 By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete;
and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

Romans 13:1-7
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.
I know many are blinded, But many claim to be born again and yet do not follow God's basic design for us and still wonder what's wrong.
If we want to see a change, Let's start where it is needed, With the "christians" because God sure hasn't made any mistakes lol

• Agree
Reactions: Serving Zion
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know many are blinded, But many claim to be born again and yet do not follow God's basic design for us and still wonder what's wrong.
If we want to see a change, Let's start where it is needed, With the "christians" because God sure hasn't made any mistakes lol

What you think is basic design, is not for everybody.
Some are already divorced, some have already had abortions
some will never marry, some cannot reproduce, some
have never heard of Jesus.......many don't fit
your imagined model. The "basic design" is custom
fit for each person and not on your viewscreen.

• Agree
Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Today; Simply put love is not in the equation, unless it is wrapped in a rainbow. Sadly the women are taking authority over their husbands and also the men are not loving their wives as Christ loves the church. Folks this is destroying america.

Agree and especially with this point. I haven't been a Christian long (as you know Scotty :laughing:) by many people's standards however I find it baffling when people think they can erm, but and question the creator of all. Either you believe on Christ and follow the commandments or you don't it's really very simple. Too many people want to be seen of men and not please God. Too many people won't humble themselves.

Matthew 23:5 (KJV)
5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,

Unfortunately many it seems are fake Christians: 25 Important Bible Verses About Fake Christians

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Ha ha there must be some kind of spiritual bug going around because I have also found myself "kindled" over the last few days (but on less worthwhile matters than yours). We are in difficult times because the "world" keeps pumping out the message that divorce is okay, transgenderism is okay and homosexuality is okay when these are sinful behaviors. But I have also suffered from sexual temptations in the past and have given in to them (and still have struggles) so I could not judge them lest I be judged. I think one of the fundamental problems is that we as a society don't actually know what "love" is, not even biblically, perhaps because (speaking for myself) our conception of love is colored by our past worldly experiences that have narrowed our vision. One thing worth thinking about it was is the "root" of so many of these problems? I think it goes back to our childhood and our expectations. I came from a broken family so that set up expectations about marriage, relationships and life in general that I have to fight against with biblical truth. But biblical truth is also lived out and that simply takes time.
I sure don't judge because I have my own skeletons. This post is to hopefully open peoples eyes to that "real love". Agape Love---- Real love is not based completely on a feeling. I am sure Jesus didn't have a warm fuzzy feeling about the ones whipping Him, But yet He loved them and died for them.
If we as christians don't start following God's directions, How will we ever succeed?

Reactions: Dansiph
Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
What you think is basic design, is not for everybody.
Some are already divorced, some have already had abortions
some will never marry, some cannot reproduce, some
have never heard of Jesus.......many don't fit
your imagined model.
I realize that, However I am looking as to what should be. There are many examples and most all of them are failures on our part

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I sure don't judge because I have my own skeletons. This post is to hopefully open peoples eyes to that "real love". Agape Love---- Real love is not based completely on a feeling. I am sure Jesus didn't have a warm fuzzy feeling about the ones whipping Him, But yet He loved them and died for them.
If we as christians don't start following God's directions, How will we ever succeed?
Sometimes people can call it judging when it's not. Is saying Thou Shalt Not Steal to a thief, me judging them? Or telling them God's commandment. Aren't we to rebuke people for their own good and they should be pleased with being rebuked

Proverbs 27:5 for example

Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes people can call it judging when it's not. Is saying Thou Shalt Not Steal to a thief, me judging them? Or telling them God's commandment. Aren't we to rebuke people for their own good and they should be pleased with being rebuked

Proverbs 27:5 for example
Proverbs 9:8-9 also

Upvote 0

ItIsFinished!

Jesus Christ is our only hope.
Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sad state of affairs when people cannot agree that the bible should be the authority over our lives. Take marriage for example!

People fall 'in love' and quickly say 'I Do,' and then they promise to love each other through sickness and health, Thick and thin and all those other goodies in their vows, Making a commitment before our holy God. Think about this, A Promise before God!!

Then people decide someday, that they no longer feel like they love the other one, Because they turn out to have some little issues, Like "my favorite," They are; just No longer the person that I married". :doh:

Our society is screwed up and it is breaking my heart and is also ruining america.
There are so many issues that people willingly let destroy their families and at least 90% of the problems is because they do not follow God's standards in the Word.

If there are problems that arise in your marriage, How About instead of gossiping about your spouse to all your friends, Instead, Get on your face and pray hard for them.

If you are facing things that are bothering you personally, Perhaps it is YOU and not even about anyone else!
Perhaps there is a area in your life that you should work on a little yourself before accusing and placing the blame on someone else.
I believe the focus should be placed back on Jesus Christ and His grand design for mankind in the Word, Instead of anything we may want.
The bible gives us the guidelines for husbands and wives and it was working out well for many years, Until it started getting changed.
And get this, They were happy!! Yes No one thought they were better than nor above anyone else, They just played differing roles in life as it should be and they stuck together out of LOVE for each other.

The family model is broken. The biblical model that Christ gave us in the New Testament has been negatively reversed...
It is no wonder our little boys and girls can't figure what bathroom to use or how to use it.

Our kids are so messed up,That they do not even know if they are a boy or if they are a girl. So our society calls them "gender neutral" and let's them decide, and when you let a child decide what is right for them, They will ultimately pick the one "that feels good" at the time, Not what is right! Definitely not the correct choice which is a biblical model of "Boys are boys" and "girls are girls", and there is a distinct difference and separation between the two.
Loved by God equally yes'. However God shows His love for us, In that He made us in the likeness and image of Himself. [Who are you to change God's creation???]

Now days sex is fine with anything you choose, Just wear a condom, "So the schools and television say".
Homosexuality rampant.
inappropriate contentorgphy is a huge buisness, Destroying marriges, Families and children all over and if people don't start picking up the Word of God and start getting back into their perspective place that has been ordained by God, Then the outlook for our future is very poor.

"I sure hope it isn't based on today's model of marriage" Because He might just get tired of us and decide He wants a new one.
I agree brother.
The destruction of the institution of marriage according to the Word of God is not only one of the biggest threats to America, but abroad.
Destroy the marriage, destroy the children, destroy the family, will result in the destruction of America.
No proper discipline and structure within the family unit these days.
Which results in children thinking they are something other than what they are.
Desensitivity towards drug use and premiscuality.
The non value of unborn babies lives (over 65,000,000 murders of babies in America ALONE!!!)
Unfortunately if this is the path America stays on it will be handed judgment.
Surely we are on the cusp of the end of days.

That being said , we as children of God need to remain faithful to the end knowing that we are in this world , but not of it.

We need to continue to carry out the Great Commission. Proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ to a lost and dying world. There are still many coming to the saving grace of Christ every hour.
That truth helps me to remain faithful to The Word.

We truly do live in dark and perlious times.
Brothers and sisters in Christ need to be united not divided.
It starts with us. We are the light of the world.
Jesus Christ said,
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works , and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 5:16 (KJV)

Thank you brother for bringing attention to the dire straits this country (and world) are in.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Right.

John 7:24
Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”

Matthew 6:14-15
For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

John 8:15-16
You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟917,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I agree. Its one of the reasons why when I married my wife that I wanted to make sure I really wanted to stick with her and only her for the rest of my life. And I decided to commit myself FOR LIFE to this woman. I believe in the sanctity of marriage. I believe that once a person makes the commitment to get married than that marriage is FOR LIFE. But yet so many people today are so quick on the divorce button that it isn't even funny. Don't like even the smallest thing about your partner? I know! Lets get divorced! Its so ridiculous.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟718,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Homosexuality rampant.

Difficult to watch prophesy unfolding.

Genesis 6

11 And the earth was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. 12And God saw the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.

13And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth

Matthew 24:37-39

37 For just like the days of Noah were, so the coming of the Son of Man will be. 38 For in those days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day Noah entered the ark. 39 And they knew nothing until the flood came and took them all away. It will be the same at the coming of the Son of Man.

2 Peter 3

12 You should look for the day of God to come. You should do what you can to make it come soon. At that time the heavens will be destroyed by fire. And the sun and moon and stars will melt away with much heat. 13 We are looking for what God has promised, which are new heavens and a new earth. Only what is right and good will be there.

John 16

33 I have told you these things so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take courage; I have overcome the world!”

Amen.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Romans 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Romans 1:28- 32 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Upvote 0