✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The benefit from getting more, is less than the damage due to losing the little money most people do have.

Consider this - suppose you had a million dollars,

would you take a flip of a coin 50/50 gamble that you might double it to two million dollars or lose everything?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SigurdReginson

Aug 4, 2020
PNW
✟45,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I feel like so many people in this country feel like they are worshiping god, but in fact are worshiping mammon. The way many hoist praise upon the current commander in chief and tout his accomplishments in the economy while everything else is falling apart speaks for itself, IMO. By the way, it's not just any one group that's doing this. We do this as a nation; right, left, and center.

Let's dismantle the health system so we can charge way more than any other country for the most basic services and get into debt for just trying to stay healthy. Let's dismantle the education system so we can have double digit IQs and live a life of debt just so we can hope to compete with the richest folks who just buy their way in. Let's dismantle the prison system so private companies can step in and walk away rich and to work with our justice system so we can have more prisoners per capita than almost all first world countries combined while making even more money.

Everything's fine. Nothing to see, here. The economy is great!

I wonder if the Romans told themselves the same things while their empire was crumbling in their hands and slipping through their fingers like sand. I'd assume so, since they still boasted about how great they were long after their empire had dissipated. What makes our fate any different? History may not repeat itself exactly, but it sure has a tendancy to rhyme.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The benefit of getting more is less than the damage due to losing the little money most people do have.

Consider this - suppose you had a million dollars,

would you take the flip of a coin gamble that you might double it to two million dollars or lose everything.

If I had a million to spare I sure could help make a lot of peoples lives less stressful. I drove past the food bank line today and it hurt to see so many in line.

Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labour in vain. Abraham was a very wealthy man but because The Lord was in it, he remained grounded and happy in the Lord. Colossians 2:7>" Rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness".

Upvote 0