Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,553.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

If we look at the example countries listed in your links, the way to do it is to contain the disease so there aren't 70,000+ new cases a day. Too bad Americans were so anxious to go out to eat and get a hair cut, otherwise maybe schools here could have reopened on time too.

Also, from your link :

By June 3, the Israeli government was forced to close down schools after 2,026 students, teachers and staff had tested positive for COVID-19. 28,147 students were placed under quarantine due to possible exposure to the virus, according to the education ministry. At one single school, there were over 130 cases.

Nationwide, the numbers of coronavirus cases went up from 50 new cases a day to approximately 1,500 per day within a month of schools reopening. Government data revealed that schools were the second-highest places of infection for the month of June.

• Informative
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If we look at the example countries listed in your links, the way to do it is to contain the disease so there aren't 70,000+ new cases a day. Too bad Americans were so anxious to go out to eat and get a hair cut, otherwise maybe schools here could have reopened on time too.
Oh I suspect quite a few schools will open on time. This is America, the country where people have a right not to wear a mask, I suspect they will also claim the right to send their kids to school.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh I suspect quite a few schools will open on time. This is America, the country where people have a right not to wear a mask, I suspect they will also claim the right to send their kids to school.
Oh the school fight is just warming up...

I can only imagine a children's riot coming soon. They'll throw water balloons and silly string and shoot spitballs through straws.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh the school fight is just warming up...

I can only imagine a children's riot coming soon. They'll throw water balloons and silly string and shoot spitballs through straws.
Shooting spitballs will be considered biological warfare, they could be prosecuted under the Patriot act.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,900.00
Faith
Pentecostal

Like I said and showed, this is not just America. The way you said it came across as "of course America would do it" as a derogatory thing. Like no one else would so something like this.

Well as I've shown lots of other countries are doing it to. And you might also note that other countries are also not requiring masks everywhere.

This is also NOT a national issue. This is a state issue. Each state can mandate whatever they want. My state has mandated masks whenever you are in a building. Our University will require masks in the classroom.

In some places across the country schools may not open. But others might. It depends. Which is how it should be.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,257.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Like I said and showed, this is not just America. The way you said it came across as "of course America would do it" as a derogatory thing. Like no one else would so something like this.

Well as I've shown lots of other countries are doing it to. And you might also note that other countries are also not requiring masks everywhere.

This is also NOT a national issue. This is a state issue. Each state can mandate whatever they want. My state has mandated masks whenever you are in a building. Our University will require masks in the classroom.

In some places across the country schools may not open. But others might. It depends. Which is how it should be.

The countries that arn't closing schools right back up or having problems with covid are the ones that can do it.

The states has 1k deaths and 70k+ known cases a day.

Your like a buisness demanding why he can't reopen his resteraunt while it's on fire, and pointing to a store down the block that was singed and but no real damage in door being open to say, "If they can, why can't I?"

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

No post could cover the breadth and length of this issue, in the end everyone will be running their own experiment and by the end of September we'll know how it is turning out.

I am not being derogatory, I understand the intense pressure to reopen schools, I also understand the fear and anxiety about that. I know that there are many countries like Brazil, Mexico and India which have no choice. I know that this is a worldwide issue and since some will reopen it really doesn't matter. My opinion on the matter is that this is God's doing, we were told this is how the age would end, and what really matters at this point is your relationship to the Lord.

Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 7.29.38 AM.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,553.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I can't wait to get the economy going again - nurses get paid overtime, right? Think of all the extra disposable income they'll have.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The next front in the war will be teachers striking, I'd imagine.
Oh I'm sure that the Teacher's Union will weigh in eventually.
Illinois though is more concerned about rioting than schools at the moment. (Heart of the teachers union)

We'll see what comes after federal troops stop the rioting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think anyone who understands the disease thinks they are 100% perfect. They're methods for reducing the risk of interacting in public while doing essential tasks, not a panacea.
I’m sure you know this, but you don’t need perfection. You just need to interfere with transmission enough to get R under 1. Masks could make the difference.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m sure you know this, but you don’t need perfection. You just need to interfere with transmission enough to get R under 1. Masks could make the difference.

I'm not sure about kids and masks....they of course are not going to recognize the hazards of not wearing them...they are children.
And the report above as well as the report out of Israel about schools...not encouraging whatsoever.
I know that if mine was school aged I would make them do class from home while I was at work. (Unless I too could work from home)

Too much to risk.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not sure about kids and masks....they of course are not going to recognize the hazards of not wearing them...they are children.
And the report above as well as the report out of Israel about schools...not encouraging whatsoever.
I know that if mine was school aged I would make them do class from home while I was at work. (Unless I too could work from home)

Too much to risk.
Depends upon the age. I teach 5th through 7th in Sunday school. My kids would have no problem. Fortunately the younger kids, under 10, tend to be less risk.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
CDC: 73 percent of kids with coronavirus-related inflammatory condition were previously healthy

This report is rather serious...

I really aren't sure about allowing children back in classes.
3,489 currently infected nationwide on March 15th, the day NY shut down the schools

2,043,000 currently infected on July 24th

There are 585 people currently infected for every person that was currently infected on March 15th, and the numbers are on pace to double before school opens in September.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0